SES hierarchy

Discussion of the SES, particularly in the UK.
a different guest

SES hierarchy

Postby a different guest » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:35 am

Much has been said about the hierarchial nature of the SES - can someone explain more? Do these levels have names? If my relo's have been in the SES for say 10 years, what level would they be at? Or could they be in the "side-lined" levels. Does the SES "sideline" have levels?

Do "senior woman" would only have power of junior women, or do they have power (whatever that is in the SES) over junior men?

Free Thinker

Postby Free Thinker » Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:24 am

I can only speak from experience in the SPP, which I assume is very similar, if not identical, to that of the SES. It has been 8 years since I was a student but I doubt much has changed.

When you start, you take Part classes (Part I, Part II, etc.) I believe they go up to at least Part VI. After that, I'm not quite sure as I was bumped up into a almost-Senior Ladies group. The Part classes are co-ed, while the senior classes are separate by gender. As far as I can tell, you stay along the track until they believe that you're enlightened enough to join a more senior group and then they tell you what it will be when you register. (or perhaps when you show up the next semester.) In terms of power, men always have more power over women, but I believe that the senior women have power over men in terms of the hierarchy (although perhaps not in the minds of those men.)

In terms of your particular relatives, I assume that after 10 years, they're "up" there but I think it really has to do with the particular spiritual path they believe you to be on rather than following and graduating like in regular school.

Return to “General discussion of SES”