SES jokes and humor

Discussion of the SES, particularly in the UK.
Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Mon May 01, 2006 10:07 pm

Ok, very good.
I think having done last year's I will take your advice and go waterskiing. Hell, as a nepotised head boy, I might even have access to Mr Boddy's speed boat!

Ok I want to sort one thing out good and for all.

Nepotised: "The practice of giving promotions, basic employment, higher earnings, and other benefits to employees who are relatives of management."
1) I am not a relative of management to the Snr Boys School.
2) Initially I turned down the post for that very reason, and the response that I might get from narrow minded older members of staff.
3) DB consulted the staff and received their approval
4)I asked, "Why me"?...and the answer was simple enough, "Because Sam, you have balls, and if something needs to be said or done, your the man to do it"

(Now before you old timers jump at the chance to claim sexism, balls in this ence are not reffering to what lies beneath!

5) There are 4 headboys who 'share' the job description. Now, EVERYONE knows that I am the only one of 'SES origin' waht does this say about discrimination?

6) The rest are useless, yes I said it! Hence, I am left with everything to do. Mayabe these are the qualities they desire in a head boy NOT his blood line!

Grow up!

Sam xox
thats old now, like me, only 4 weeks to go!!!!!
"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education"

Tom Grubb

Postby Tom Grubb » Tue May 02, 2006 9:00 am

Sam Hyde wrote:4)I asked, "Why me"?...and the answer was simple enough, "Because Sam, you have balls, and if something needs to be said or done, your the man to do it"

(Now before you old timers jump at the chance to claim sexism, balls in this ence are not reffering to what lies beneath!

Beneath what?

Stanton

Postby Stanton » Tue May 02, 2006 9:14 am

A kilt?

a different guest

Postby a different guest » Tue May 02, 2006 10:27 am

Stanton wrote:A kilt?

LOL stanton - I'll pay that one! :)
Relatives with long-term involvement in the SES / SOP/ SoEP

trubleshtr

Re: SES jokes and humor

Postby trubleshtr » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:02 pm

Couldn't resist flagging this topic up.
Last edited by trubleshtr on Wed May 23, 2012 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

carlynnm8

Re: SES jokes and humor

Postby carlynnm8 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:32 am

Starting on Page 2 Keirs scenario's are soooo funny. Keir you have a talent - please write some more. In fact I may try a little follow up scenario of my own in the new year.... hmm...i feel and idea (or is it a memory stirring!?!)......
><strong>Joanna Eberhart</strong>: If I am wrong, I'm insane... but if I'm right, it's even worse than if I was wrong. >more famous quotes<Stepford Wives

Return to “General discussion of SES”