Former SES memebrs/pupils

Discussion of the SES, particularly in the UK.
edward

Former SES memebrs/pupils

Postby edward » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:30 am

Last edited by edward on Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

stj75-88

Postby stj75-88 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:45 pm

Dear Edward,

Go and read Hounam & Hogg's book Secret Cult, written in the mid-80s, which contains much detail about the SES. Hounam and Hogg were serious journalists, working at the time for the Evening Standard. Peter Hounam is definitely still a working journalist, Hogg may be also.

Much - though by no means all - of the material on this site relates to that period.

Good luck

ross nolan

doco on the 'secret' cult (SES)

Postby ross nolan » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:28 pm

Dear Edward, good to hear you are intending to throw some light on this nefarious organization -- I don't know if any information about their operation(s) in Australia would be of any use but I offer what I have for your use . I would also be interested to follow your progress and in particular the response to it's airing -- it is only by the public (including ex and wavering members of SES ) becoming aware that there are disturbing things about this organization via a public forum like TV that they can come forward to a focal point and their disparate stories become to be seen as part of a pattern .

The only other focal points for those concerned are this forum (which is not immediately obvious to those who don't go looking or hear a rumour etc -- in my case a fallen tree through my roof at 2.00 am led to me looking up the State Emergency Service (SES) and tripping over the link to this site (I was also told it existed by a fellow ex 'student' of the public philosophy course who also later got a copy of that other 'focus' - the book 'secret cult' (now very hard to obtain )

I would expect a lot of people and stories to come 'out of the woodwork' following your doco first running and in fact you will probably trigger much more evidence in the post running period than before -- could I then suggest that you might consider doing a 'double barrelled' production say over two consecutive weeks with the follow up using the information you will no doubt flush out from the first screening.

Maybe this does not suit your format or methods but in any case could you give some thought to collating and passing on the reaction/response information I feel sure you will receive (just like the series of stories in the Evening Standard snowballed and led to the book -- but then seems to have somewhat fizzled -- perhaps the electronic media will get more impact and have more effect on the political process.
Possibly letting people know of this forum would be enough to make the ongoing exposure effective.

Anyway best of luck with the production and congratulations for deciding to take it on - If I can help at all let me know.

Ross Nolan.
Skeptic

Shout

?

Postby Shout » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:05 pm

Last edited by Shout on Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ross nolan

whatever

Postby ross nolan » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:01 pm

Shout - I got a PM back from Edward stating that he wasn't going to be going ahead with the doco -- many months back now .

I still think that a documentary would be better than a once off evening news type of story -- anyone else willing or able to take it up?
Skeptic

ET

Postby ET » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:35 am

I have recently had e-mails both from Victoria McDonald at Channel 4 and Alex Nott at ITV and it seems that cold news is old news and they will not be doing any documentaries about the inquiry or the SES.

The media machine moves on, and we are left to pick up the pieces.
Pupil at St James Girl's School from 1979-1989, from age 4-14. Parents ex-members of SES.

Return to “General discussion of SES”