SES for babies!!! Deeply depressing

Discussion of the SES, particularly in the UK.
leon

Re: SES credo on babies etc

Postby leon » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:39 pm

ross nolan wrote:
I will post a few general outlines of Vedic (Hindu,Jain even some Buddhist)

Check out the Rudolf Steiner schools credo and connections to Hinduism to justify their practices if you want more problems (or to understand the SES hindu based child raising doctrine and put it in context )

Please don't. You have zero idea of what you are talking about.

ross nolan

"zero idea?"

Postby ross nolan » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:52 pm

Gee Leon, that's a bit rough (and brief) , would you care to elaborate?

I have next to zero experience of raising children if that is what you mean (but not matching your cut and paste that seems to refer to Steiner)

A schoolfriend from my old hometown Mildura put his child in a Steiner school and the 'reasons' for that triggered my interest (1991)

Do you disbelieve Steiner was Hindu influenced (even based)?

Check out "Reincarnation and Karma" by Rudolf Steiner , if so
(it was in my ,lost, most recent posting to " No sexual abuse in the SES/SOP?" - it will be posted there again.)

Any websearch will turn up a lot of background -- will anyone else impugn the fact or discredit my argument or me (by inference) with contrary facts ?

In addition I only found out later (through another ex school friend) that his child was autistic and there is some theory about reincarnation, repressed or trapped souls and the good old 'Karma' ie deserved disease or disability , within Steiner schools - probably results in cruel deception and false hopes for parents.

In a much earlier post I referred to the opposite outcomes of related Hindu belief systems between the Steiner ( seemingly undisciplined) and SES ( rigid discipline) schools -- other friends have related first hand accounts of 'strange' conduct in Montessori schools as well .

Zero means zero Leon. I will verify my connections to these schools through a third party like Mike Gormez if you want to doubt my facts (and to protect my sources from abuse or just nuisance )

In the interests of "Truth" ,

Ross.
Skeptic

AntonR

Postby AntonR » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:35 am

Post deleted
Last edited by AntonR on Wed May 17, 2006 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Free Thinker

Postby Free Thinker » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:38 am

Anton - that was one of the epiphanies I had before leaving the school. I left in the fall after a residential during which I was consistently tired and falling asleep during all afternoon classes and meetings. I slept through every meditation - in fact, I looked forward to meditation as a time to sleep, as I imagine many of the members who sleep during meditation do (and there are a lot of them!) I was thinking that there was something wrong with ME for not being able to stay awake. And then I realized that it was in fact because I was exhausted. And that no breakfast is eaten! Not for me - I went into the kitchen every morning before meditation and ate huge slabs of bread with butter and honey. I had to. There was no way I could get by on 6 hours of sleep and then be awake and engaged for 2 more hours before eating.

I like how the system of rajas, tamas, and sattwa is so engineered that you learn to reference all states of emotion and physical alertness to these. So it's not that I was so goddamn tired that I couldn't even think let alone discuss Plato, it was that I was too Tamasic and had to work on that.

Oh please!

Or that the ultimate goal is Sattwa. Perhaps rajas is important as well, but if you were rajasic, you had to let it go and become Sattwic. This is partially how I was taught to keep my mouth shut when I was angry, in pain, being hurt, etc.

NYC

Postby NYC » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:47 am

James wrote:their entire "philosophy" is built around is that of "Adwita" or "we are all the same".

In what way are we all the same?

AntonR

Postby AntonR » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:16 am

Post deleted
Last edited by AntonR on Wed May 17, 2006 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Free Thinker

Postby Free Thinker » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:42 am

Some people I know call it Philosophy-speak. Oh yes.

In regards to measure - sure, it is best to have everything in moderation and in measure, but when the actual measurements were decided by some rich dead white man who had a host of emotional problems - no thanks!

bella

Postby bella » Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:56 am

Anton - no offence taken. I was replying to ADG, who's been part of a few discussions on this board about "measure" and what it is to the SOP. I didn't see the need to unwind it further.

Return to “General discussion of SES”