Aversion to Classical Music

Discussion of the SES, particularly in the UK.
Joseph O'Shea

Postby Joseph O'Shea » Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:05 pm

Pardon, I meant ethnostupidity, of course.
At Queensgate in the early 80s until I was 7 years old. Classmates included John Frederic Arthur Farndel and Timothy Body and most importantly, James Warham!. My Grandfather used to manage Sarum Chase in London for many years.

CeliaR

Postby CeliaR » Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:16 pm

Deleted
Last edited by CeliaR on Wed May 17, 2006 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CeliaR

Postby CeliaR » Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:33 pm

Deleted
Last edited by CeliaR on Wed May 17, 2006 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:28 pm

whats this about red hair! :s
thats old now, like me, only 4 weeks to go!!!!!
"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education"

Keir

Postby Keir » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:44 am

Celia was jus wonderin if you had any flashbacks to your previous embodiment, and whether they included sitting at the front of a goup with a beer gut that covered your lap? No? Sure? heh

aw, the search goes on for the reincarnated master. Maybe for his sins he is a terrified child being bullied in a cult somewhere..... :lol:

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:50 pm

well actually, now that you mention it!
Nice shrt hnd writin kier, obviously appearances aren't everything, isnt that what your mum said to you when you looked in the mirror???? LOL
oh sorry, I forgot I must be mature and sympathetic no matter what!

Lets start a new, more intersting thread.....I know, I'll call it....'Who wants reconcilliation' and see how many of you sign up. And another, 'Who wants blood' that should seperate this crowd sufficiently.

Sam xox

chittani

Postby chittani » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:59 am

Hey Sam

You mentioned your Dad ... one of the coolest characters I ever met. I don't know what happened with him, but is he OK?

Stanton

Postby Stanton » Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:26 pm

I was in a group with him for years - sorry I don't see him anymore.

non-conformist

Postby non-conformist » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:24 pm

Keir wrote:aw, the search goes on for the reincarnated master. Maybe for his sins he is a terrified child being bullied in a cult somewhere..... :lol:

How I hope so - justice will truly have been served. Or maybe he has come back as a woman..... now that WOULD annoy him as he would never be master and would have to content himself with being a mistress.....

daska

Postby daska » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:43 pm

How's this for scary, my sister managed to recall the whole of Oh thou lord supreme, words, music, pronunciation etc and then went on to tell of having to sing it in an external competition. The girls were excrutiatingly embarassed at having to perform it in public and were mortified to hear the judges praise it - question is were they praising the composition or the bravery of the girls or the quality of the singing???? Remembering the song I'm tempted to think it was the latter as the emphasis on timing and pronunciation was extreme.

Yes Jo-Ann it is truly very dreadful - even our cat went quiet when he heard it...

nilsabm

Postby nilsabm » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:52 pm

Say, Daska,
Are you sure your cat wasn't so inspired by the music that it came to have a moment of 'self-realisation', as a result of which it has been able to bypass the next 6000 forms of reincarnation and is now, in its new life, currently residing in a zoo somewhere, wondering why it looks like an otter, has a bill like a duck, and goes by the name of Leonardo?

daska

Postby daska » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:15 pm

Surely that should be Leonarda ?

nilsabm

Postby nilsabm » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:35 pm

Girl eh! That'll make her achievement of moksha more tricky. Hopefully the keepers will provide a male companion to help her on her way!

Anyway, small furry creatures aside and getting back on thread...

As far as I'm aware, the school doesn't even really like 'classicial music' per se... in fact, as has been pointed out, it brands the majority of it as rubbish. Personally, I'm not too hung up about musical genre. Whether I'm listening to classical, punk, reggae, rock or whatever, its the music itself I'm interested in. Ultimately there are songs, compositions, artists, composers, performances I like, and others I don't. Alban makes a good point that music can fulfill many functions/needs, and different music can be appropriate for different things or different moods etc. At the end of the day, the whole issue is entirely subjective. The school's attitude is, however, symptomatic of its blinkered approach to many things.

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:17 pm

But lets not forget that, "Rock music terrorises the soul"

Assembly time April'06

Sam xox

Alban

Postby Alban » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:44 pm

I quite like my soul being terrorised

Alban!

Return to “General discussion of SES”