Its not all bad!

Discussion of the SES, particularly in the UK.
User avatar
dottydolittle
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:32 pm

Its not all bad!

Postby dottydolittle » Wed Aug 13, 2003 9:37 pm

It offers evening courses in 'philosophy' without mentioning that their inner-beliefs are based on Hinduism. Only after some time the 'student' will be invited to an 'initiation' ceremony which is of Hindu inspiration. A few quotes of 'Secret Cult' to show how far the Hindu tradition has permeated the 'School'


These Hindu belifs are mentioned to us. The Hindu teching are very respectful, and hold a lot of moral within! Is is bad that the philosophy is based on Hindusim?

Yes, they do get carried away with the initiation bit, however the the teachings are quite srtaight forward, and very respectable indeed. I. myself have learnt a lot, and have learnt good straight forward reasons for many priciples in life i knew was wrong to do, but had no idea why.

Little M

mgormez
Posts: 501
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2003 9:33 pm
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: Its not all bad!

Postby mgormez » Tue Aug 19, 2003 2:55 pm

Little Missy wrote:
It offers evening courses in 'philosophy' without mentioning that their inner-beliefs are based on Hinduism. Only after some time the 'student' will be invited to an 'initiation' ceremony which is of Hindu inspiration. A few quotes of 'Secret Cult' to show how far the Hindu tradition has permeated the 'School'


These Hindu belifs are mentioned to us.


That's good. At what time were you told on what teaching it was based? Obviously not everyone was told beforehand that they were actually on a Hindu path. People think they are doing a general philosopy course.

Little Missy wrote:The Hindu teching are very respectful, and hold a lot of moral within! Is is bad that the philosophy is based on Hindusim?


This is a straw man argument :squarewink:

I don't criticize the Hindu teaching per se, but take issues with the deceit within SES. They should tell everyone before hand what they are about. Not after 2 semesters or something.
Mike Gormez

Guest

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:13 pm

I'm not sure if the SES philosophy is acually from Hindu teachings. Isn't is more vedic? Vedic philosophy? Which branches to Hindusim ofcourse, but Vedic itself cannout quite be called 'hindusim'????

Anyone like to clear this up for me?

mgormez
Posts: 501
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2003 9:33 pm
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Postby mgormez » Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:04 pm

Anonymous wrote:I'm not sure if the SES philosophy is acually from Hindu teachings. Isn't is more vedic? Vedic philosophy? Which branches to Hindusim ofcourse, but Vedic itself cannout quite be called 'hindusim'????

Anyone like to clear this up for me?


Looking up "Vedic" gives:

"adj.
Of or relating to the Veda or Vedas, the variety of Sanskrit in which they are written, or the Hindu culture that produced them."

"n.
The early Sanskrit in which the Vedas are written"

"Vedas" gives us:

"n.
Any of the oldest and most authoritative Hindu sacred texts, composed in Sanskrit and gathered into four collections."

-- Source: The American Heritage? Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition Copyright ? 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.


But when I say it is of "Hindu teaching", I should say "Hindu tradition". For the statement I rely on the journalists who wrote the expose "Secret Cult" and the Belgian parliament report on sects.
Mike Gormez

bella

Postby bella » Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:50 am

Reading through the "expose" at http://www.esatclear.ie/~dialogueireland/ses1.htm, one typo made me laugh out loud:

If members do not attend to their inner elf they may remain trapped in the world of matter.

One must wonder if there are banshees, boggarts and bogeys hiding in our temporal lobes as well.

Just curious

Postby Just curious » Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:00 pm

Hm, this argument does sum up the SES in general, there is nothing wrong with it if you know what you are being told: If someone says "cult" people grow immediatly very suspsious, but hey, would there be cults if all knew what they really were?


Return to “General discussion of SES”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests