Case study from John Scottus added to Ir.Independent website

Discussion of the SES, particularly in the UK.
ConcernedMum

Case study from John Scottus added to Ir.Independent website

Postby ConcernedMum » Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:33 pm

Sorry to post again but this really is ridiculous - there has now been added on a seperate page of the website, a case study on John Scottus http://www.johnscottus.ieon the Irish Independent website: http://www.independent.ie/health/case-s ... 39646.html

Fair enough to include a positive experience but what about balance??

What about asking questions about what is being stated as fact and about questions raised on this board.

What about asking whether it is true, that 8 years after John Scottus Junior School was given temporary recognition by the Department of Education and Science the same Department has, on my current information and to my knowledge, never given John Scottus Junior School permanent recognition? A situation which I believe is highly unusual in the Irish education context and would appear to indicate that the Department has concerns about the School - though what those concerns relate to, is not known to me.

I wonder is anyone who has negative experiences of the ethos in John Scottus School and other schools run under the same ethos going to be allowed to give their side of the story?

Anyone who sent emails to the journalist and editor heard anything back yet?
Last edited by ConcernedMum on Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

bonsai

Re: Case study from John Scottus added to Ir.Independent web

Postby bonsai » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:31 pm

Irish Independent article Big issues little people wrote:The results are encouraging, not just academically, but in the way such schools are producing young individuals with a sense of self, and a more self-assured idea of where they fit into the bigger picture.

What is their evidence for this?

bonsai

Return to “General discussion of SES”