<delete>

Discussion of the SES, particularly in the UK.
a different guest

Postby a different guest » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:21 am

Tom Grubb wrote:As promised, here's the MacLaren Foundation's reply to my latest email.

Not all injustices can be rectified in this life, and some must just be surrendered, lest they become lifelong burdens.

Call me a cynic but this is SO much like the 'chin up get over it' line of the SES it's not funny
Relatives with long-term involvement in the SES / SOP/ SoEP

ConcernedMum

Postby ConcernedMum » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:18 pm

Matthew wrote: One of his well known quotes went along the lines of "all a child needs is to be fed, clothed and given a good clip round the ear at the slightest display of insolence".

If anyone could remember what this quote was, I'd love to hear it. I submitted a complaint to the Irish Independent about their article about the Irish SES school John Scottus http://www.johnscottus.ie, though never heard anything back. One of the points I raised was that neither MacLaren or the Shankyacharya had any known qualifications in child or educational psychology on which to base the SES system of education. If I could include the quote that Matthew is refering to, as an example of what MacLaren's thoughts on child development actually were, that would be most helpful. I'll be making a further submission to the Irish Department of Education and Science about John Scottus, so any quotes or reference to MacLaren's words on children and education would be most welcome.
Last edited by ConcernedMum on Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Free

Postby Free » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:24 am

<delete>
Last edited by Free on Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “General discussion of SES”