Important: TV programme on SES and its schools not happening

Discussion of the SES, particularly in the UK.
ET

Postby ET » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:57 am

Hi all,

Just to let you all know that I have been in touch with Ian Howarth of the Cult Information Centre and he denies any knowledge of a separate TV programme on the SES and its schools. He has already found all the people he needs for his original documentary which is about cults in general, so he would prefer that no-one else contacts him about it.

In fact, he was extremely upset that Justice! had given out his highly confidential e-mail address to me without his permission.

Justice! - I am appalled that you did this without asking him first, I would be horrified if anyone gave out my e-mail address (whether private or professional) without my permission. It's common internet courtesy to ask. You put me in an extremely difficult position, and one which as an SES survivor I found extremely stressful.
Pupil at St James Girl's School from 1979-1989, from age 4-14. Parents ex-members of SES.

Justice

Postby Justice » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:43 pm

ET, my apologies!

When I last spoke to Ian he said that he hadn't heard from anyone following my posting and we thought that this was due to the short notice. He also mentioned that he had been contacted by someone else for the programme.

I gave his email address as I thought (wrongly) that it already appeared on his website.

He did say that if anyone contacted him after the deadline that he would talk to them about a separate programme - of that I am certain.

I will clarify this again with Ian and report back.

ET

Postby ET » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:29 pm

Hi Justice,

Thanks for your apology, I appreciate it. There seems to have been a lot of wires crossed somewhere. I look forward to finding out what's going on!
Pupil at St James Girl's School from 1979-1989, from age 4-14. Parents ex-members of SES.

Justice

Postby Justice » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:42 am

Dear ET,

I have just received the following message via email from Ian Howarth at the Cult Information Centre which he has asked me to post on the board:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is to try to clear up some current confusion on the bulletin board.... There are several points I wish to make, in connection with what 'Justice' published recently:

1. Justice has always been and remains a reliable ally of mine. I am grateful for all the good work he has done.

2. The message that Justice put on the bulletin board, about a tv show planned for this week, was totally accurate. In fact, it was word for word what I sent to him.

3. I was looking for someone who had lost a family member to the SES group. The fact that the show was not specifically about the SES did not mean that a story from a person critical of the SES would be any less valuable.

4. I confirm that even though the deadline for the show has now passed and that I already have a parent of a victim of another group to help with the show. However, if anyone would like to contact me directly at (0870) 777 3800, I can always consider them for any shows on the SES (or groups in general) that may occur in the future.

5. If anyone would like to phone me at (0870) 777 3800, I would be happy to verify that I am the source of this statement.

I hope this clarifies the situation.

Sincerely,

Ian Haworth

Cult Information Centre,
BCM CULTS,
London, U.K.,
WC1N 3XX.

Tel: (0870) 777 3800
http://www.cultinformation.org.uk/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ET

Postby ET » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:57 am

Thanks, Justice,

Ian himself sent me a copy of this post, and I'm glad he's managed to clear everything up. I apologise if I went off on one a bit - the whole thing upset me quite a lot, but I can see now that the mistakes you made were honest ones and I hope you'll accept my apologies!

Return to “General discussion of SES”