Links between the SES and "the Secret"? -

Discussion of the SES, particularly in the UK.
a different guest

Links between the SES and "the Secret"? -

Postby a different guest » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:20 am

A poster from Oz last year pointed out the similarities between the SES and the "Secret".

My SES relos are quite taken with the "Secret".

Are there links between the inventors of 'the secret' and the SES? Past members maybe? Does anyone have more info?

And more worrying, I have come across a book for kids called "The Mastery Club" (by Liliane Grace, published by Grace Productions, and endorsed by Dr John Demartini) - seems to be 'the secret' for kids. Written as a kids adventure/school experience fiction book, it's all about learning lessons of 'visualisation' (quoting dubious research) so that you can get what you want. Sickness only happens when we 'don't love ourselves or appreciate our lives'. Accidents happen due to a lack of conscious attention to stop them happening.

The book finishes with some lessons like:-

everything is energy, it only appears solid

blurry goal = blurry result

act is if you have what you want.

every experience comes in pairs as this world is about duality.

everthing in the universe is governed by vibrations
Relatives with long-term involvement in the SES / SOP/ SoEP

bonsai

Re: Links between the SES and "the Secret"? -

Postby bonsai » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:54 am

a different guest wrote:Are there links between the inventors of 'the secret' and the SES? Past members maybe? Does anyone have more info?

I can just imagine Lambie or MacLaren saying that The Secret is a load of old tosh.

As far as I can tell the main premise of the secret is essentially "positive mental attitude", which is not something that I would associate with the SES/SOP philosophy.

Personally I would be surprised if there was a link but I have nothing other than my own speculation to base that on.

Bonsai

Free Thinker

Postby Free Thinker » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:14 pm

I don't think they are related in any way but when I see people talking about the stuff from the Secret, I do think of the SES. There are some similarities of belief.

Keir

Re: Links between the SES and "the Secret"? -

Postby Keir » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:34 pm

To my mind 'The Secret' encourages personal responsibility in changing your experience of the world for better. I certainly don't remember anything about gurus, teachers, cults, emotional suppression in it.

Return to “General discussion of SES”