The truth behind SES leaders' aborted Indian pilgrimage

Discussion of the SES, particularly in the UK.
woodgreen

Re: The truth behind SES leaders' aborted Indian pilgrimage

Postby woodgreen » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:35 pm

They say what goes around comes around........Having "conned" lots of people into joining the Schools, the SES is now facing the truth of being "conned" by the Indian mafia! The Charity link is fascinating. TheJytor Trust in England just hands over dosh to its equivalent in India, and no-one here seems to ever know where the money goes.( Apart from some brave people who through this forum ask questions). Pity the wealthy donators in the SES don't start asking questions.
And Vesudawotsisname(however you spell it) still keeps cancelling the meeting! Anyone any idea whether the School of Meditation or the Study Society has access to him? The Indian boys seem to thrive on generating competition between desperate "seekers" to keep the money flowing in! Shane Mulhall is the Treasurer of the Trust isn't he? - he must getting a bit miffed by now. I'm part Paddy but hopefully I'm not that thick. I managed to get out of the SES!!
Ex-SES Member. (Member for 3 years in late nineties).

bluemoon

Postby bluemoon » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:29 am

xseeker wrote:

Breaking news.....
Donald Lambie, Shane Mulhall and Barry Steingard had flights booked to India to meet Vasudevanada
on Thursday 25th Feb 2010. The meeting was aborted with just hours to departure.
Apparently it was cancelled by Vasudevanada.

Thanks for the update xseeker.
SES London, 1990-2009, Female

Tootsie

Postby Tootsie » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:45 am

Does anybody know if Vasudevanada gets a cut from the Meditation money? I believe it is still one weeks wages which must be a good money spinner, considering by simply googling TM mantra and looking at the 1961 mantra, you get it for nothing. I believe in the Hindu tradition you are not supposed to take money for giving someone a mantra anyway!

woodgreen

Postby woodgreen » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:47 pm

http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/registeredcharities/ScannedAccounts/Ends71/0000292171_ac_20080405_e_c.pdf

The mediation money goes to the School of Meditation, who in turn make donations to somewhere in India, but their accounts are not specific. Technically the SES could say that they do not pay Vasudavenanda for the mantra, they pay the SOM - then we lose the trail.

woodgreen

Postby woodgreen » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:03 pm

http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/Sh ... ryNumber=0

Found another charity whilst I was at it. It is for art work in Waterperry.

Free

Postby Free » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:52 pm

<delete>
Last edited by Free on Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

woodgreen

Postby woodgreen » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:46 pm

Just raising this as I was re-reading the McLaren Foundation website, and recalled the posts on this thread ( a full year ago blimey) and wondered if there was any news on this front. Last info was that DL (and/or his daughters were seeking a new Guru). The McLaren Foundation website finishes with Dorinne Van Oyen and her brother Paul ( witness to the Will ) inheriting his music but not his "intellectual material "( the bricks and mortar by then were legally owned by the SES from what I can make out) and there may well have been a little civil war internally over who got what, - not that I care. But I wonder if there is still a connection between P Van O and Donald Lambie through the Foundation and their need for an Indian "Guru".
P Van O posted on his own website that he and Dorinne had found a new "Guru" in Southern India. I never cease to wonder - friends or foes or using the same old avenues in their joint interests.? Hope the Guru in Southern India has their full CV or he might say no thanks too at some point.

Actually I was re-reading the Foundation website to see if there were any clues as to why the SES/SoP/St.James Schools were so secretly so abusive - I think it comes down to McLaren's own personality, as the original leader, that many copied. It is even on the will - it actually says the word "copying" about Lambie.

Mind you it looks like P Van O's handwriting to me. Old Leon was obviously on his last legs by then - his signature shows it. Oh what a tangled web..

woodgreen.

ConcernedMum

Postby ConcernedMum » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:37 am

Might be of interest (especially to Gurus looking for funding):

In the food-processing business, the Dublin-based company Odenberg is a world leader. Some 65pc of the chips eaten worldwide -- or 90pc of the French fries eaten in the US -- come from potatoes peeled using Odenberg technology.

Odenberg is in the process of being sold for €55m to a company called Titech.

Like McGuire, Odenberg's executive chairman Shane Mulhall says that the company's success is the result of many long years of slog. It started in the 1980s as an importing business, buying potato peelers from a Belgian company. But within a few years it realised that it could make better machines.

"We developed a potato peeler that used the very latest technology and we went off to America to sell it to the big food processing companies. But for two years none of them would buy. It took a lot of effort on our part to keep pushing. We knew we had the best machine," says Mulhall.

Now Odenberg counts all the major multinational food processors among its clients. Most of its profits these days come from food-sorting equipment, based on technology it picked up for a song from an inventor.

from http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/meet-our-modest-new-millionaires-2506465.html

Should point out that the Executive Chairman is not the seller of the company - it's owned by venture capitalists and Van den Bergh brothers. I'm not up on my company law so would not be clear on how the fruits of the sale will be divided!

Return to “General discussion of SES”