Katharine Watson

Discussion of the SES, particularly in the UK.
bluemoon

Katharine Watson

Postby bluemoon » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:57 am

Katharine Watson:

I am sure some you will know Katharine and since it may not be general knowledge, it is with great sadness that I have to tell you that she passed away on 7th January.

I only met her after she had left the SES, as she lived quite near me. She introduced me to the teachings of Gangaji, a teacher of ‘Advaita Vedanta’, and I will be eternally grateful to her for that and for her kind and generous hospitality.

Bluemoon (stiltrubld)
SES London, 1990-2009, Female

Daffy

Re: Katharine Watson

Postby Daffy » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:41 pm

I didn't know her but she contributed to this board for a while as a representative of and teacher at St James. Which makes her almost unique among (ex-) teachers there in being courageous enough to do so.

Abel Holzing

Postby Abel Holzing » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:43 pm

This is an email sent out by the Gangaji Foundation (www.gangaji.org) on 14/01/2010:

Dear Friends,

Katharine Watson, who has coordinated Gangaji's events in the UK since 2006, passed away suddenly on January 7th. All of us here at the Foundation have been blessed with her spirit, commitment and love of truth. We want to take this moment to honor Katharine, to celebrate her life, and share our gratitude for all she so passionately gave. All that she is remains, while the form is truly missed.

While in the midst of facing serious complications from lymphoma, Katharine shared this report with Gangaji just before the Christmas holiday:

When I consider the whole episode, I still can't really find anything I could claim as suffering. Yes, it was unpleasant and frightening at the time. But what arose from it was in so many ways utterly life-enhancing I am only left with gratitude. The only solution seems to be to laugh.

...recently we have been watching DVD's of meetings in April in Boulder, and you spoke very clearly about stopping. You said 'Stop' was a holy word. As I listened, I fell into the most beautiful stop - so sweet and gentle, so blissful, and at the same time utterly steady - like a soft, steady candle flame in my heart. And now even though life overtakes me - things to do, meals to get - it's always here. I don't have to search for it - as soon as I stop inwardly, it's here. I can't (of course!) really describe it, but again, I am just so, so grateful.

With all my love, Katharine

May all being awaken to itself.
With all our love,
Gangaji and the Staff
Last edited by Abel Holzing on Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tom Grubb

Postby Tom Grubb » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:17 pm

This is sad news. Katharine and I didn't agree on much but she was brave enough to join in the debate, which meant a lot.

woodgreen

Postby woodgreen » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:37 pm

I never knew her, but she was obviously a good soul. Could I dare as a newbie ask Tom Grubb a question through this thread? I have spent many weeks reading all the posts on this site and I do not know if Tom's parents put him into St. Vedast and what connection his parents may or may not have had with the SES. As the site is still largely seeking some change or apology from the StJ/V/SES Schools, people may need to know why Tom was enrolled. As an adult member who left ( I had no connection to the SES through my family) I feel for Tom but I do not know whether his parents had or still have any connection with the SES. I think I tried to join this forum some years ago - to help or be helped - but as an adult with a connection to the SES your forum declined my attempt to join. You are all good people fighting something that is not right. I as an adult I tried to get some response from the SES because I snapped out of the place, but got zilch. So I know where Tom is coming from - but I have no sentimental or fearful family ties through the SES. I responded to the adverts for whatever reason.. your forum has discussed this, thanks.
Tom, I watched you on Channel 4 and thought, great, someone is doing something. But it has faded away again. I am not a parent - I have no children, so do not let anyone think I am an SES stooge or "apologetic".
What I will say. through my own research on and off for about 10 years is that the Indian connection with the SES is bad news, but they will both continue. If you need an objective - achievable or not - ( did the SMART stuff years ago) is " To Close Down the SES and it's Indian Connection".
Ex-SES Member. (Member for 3 years in late nineties).

Daffy

Postby Daffy » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:03 am

woodgreen wrote:I think I tried to join this forum some years ago - to help or be helped - but as an adult with a connection to the SES your forum declined my attempt to join.

Woodgreen, I can assure you no-one has been prevented from joining this forum because of having connections to the SES.

Free Thinker

Postby Free Thinker » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:09 am

Daffy wrote:
woodgreen wrote:I think I tried to join this forum some years ago - to help or be helped - but as an adult with a connection to the SES your forum declined my attempt to join.

Woodgreen, I can assure you no-one has been prevented from joining this forum because of having connections to the SES.

Yes, there have been quite a few people on the forum in the past few years who have been adult SES members.

Tom Grubb

Postby Tom Grubb » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:56 pm

woodgreen wrote:I never knew her, but she was obviously a good soul. Could I dare as a newbie ask Tom Grubb a question through this thread?

Please do!
woodgreen wrote: I have spent many weeks reading all the posts on this site and I do not know if Tom's parents put him into St. Vedast and what connection his parents may or may not have had with the SES. As the site is still largely seeking some change or apology from the StJ/V/SES Schools, people may need to know why Tom was enrolled.

Yes, my parents put me into St Vedast. I’m pretty sure they were both SES members at the time. (If not, they would have been SES members before and still had sympathy for the SES and its ideas.)
woodgreen wrote:As an adult member who left ( I had no connection to the SES through my family) I feel for Tom but I do not know whether his parents had or still have any connection with the SES.

I think my parents both left the SES around the time they took me out of St Vedast. I guess they finally saw the light. I remember my father having an angry phone conversation with someone at the SES about how much time my mother was expected to spend there doing chores for them. My father is dead now and I have a kind of pact with my mother not to discuss the SES with her so it would be difficult to be more precise.

I’m sure you weren’t declined because of any SES connections! Possibly some technical issue?
woodgreen wrote:You are all good people fighting something that is not right. I as an adult I tried to get some response from the SES because I snapped out of the place, but got zilch. So I know where Tom is coming from - but I have no sentimental or fearful family ties through the SES. I responded to the adverts for whatever reason.. your forum has discussed this, thanks.
Tom, I watched you on Channel 4 and thought, great, someone is doing something. But it has faded away again. I am not a parent - I have no children, so do not let anyone think I am an SES stooge or "apologetic".

Thank you! I’m bloody glad I did it, despite my ill-advised haircut at the time…
woodgreen wrote:What I will say. through my own research on and off for about 10 years is that the Indian connection with the SES is bad news, but they will both continue. If you need an objective - achievable or not - ( did the SMART stuff years ago) is " To Close Down the SES and it's Indian Connection".

Most of what the SES does is bad news. I’d love to see them close down voluntarily one day through lack of members because people have finally woken up to what a nasty organisation they are.

woodgreen

Postby woodgreen » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:05 am

Thanks Tom - I appreciate your response. In terms of trying to join ( the forum ) I think I may have got caught up in the time when the Why are u dead site was under attack - apparently it was attacked by spammers from Scientology. I hadn't appreciated just how powerfull that site was and what or who were against its' existence - hence the School having to respond with the Inquiry into St. James - the SES obviously did not want to be branded with the Scientology tag even though (IMO) they are just as bad.

Daffy has done a sterling job in keeping this forum alive in the face of some big opposition.

In regard to your family's connection to the SES I am sorry if my questions were intrusive in any way - I am still finding out what the SES was all about, and I do hope your Mum is OK with what happened. Not her fault. The SES are good at getting good people into their clutches.

I'm left with blaming myself for walking into the dam place. But hey ho,nonny, nonny, no (something I picked up at Waterperry- repeat repeat, repeat, rubbish ) I might as well give them a run for their money now the truth is coming out.

We know the SES monitors this forum ( hence their paranoia) and I suspect that their Indian connections do too. It is big money as we are finding out.If the SES/Indian Counterparts ever make their final effort at reconciliation they would have to close the whole of the SES down and the Indian connection. They are not prepared to do so. Suits them both in their taking over people (God =Consciousness = people =cults= power=money).

Donald and co.need to "wake up" to the fact that they have been "had"by their eastern friends. And stop being anti thosein the World who know what is going on.
Ex-SES Member. (Member for 3 years in late nineties).

Return to “General discussion of SES”