The SES and Regional Schools in England

Discussion of the SES, particularly in the UK.
actuallythere

Re: The SES and Regional Schools in England

Postby actuallythere » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:12 pm

Thanks, that's very possible - I'll check it out.

How was Townend selected after they tried to insert Price?

Abel Holzing

Postby Abel Holzing » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:03 pm

Tom Grubb wrote:
actuallythere wrote:Even Townend, as far as I recall, is an SES member.

I would be amazed if this were true. Is there any evidence for this?

James Townend says in the Inquiry Report (3.6b)

"For the avoidance of doubt I attended both private preparatory school from the ages of 7 to 13 and public school from then until 17. In both cases I was a boarding pupil. In both schools corporal punishment was practised.

For the avoidance of doubt I can also state that I am not and never have been a Governor of any school nor have I had at any time any connection with the S.E.S."

actuallythere

Postby actuallythere » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:51 pm

Thanks very much. How was he chosen?

Tom Grubb

Postby Tom Grubb » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:48 pm

Hi actuallythere,

As Goblinboy suggests, you may have been thinking of the connection between Leolin Price (who was originally proposed as chairman of the inquiry) and Roger Pincham via the anti-EU 'Congress for Democracy'.

I've just been watching the Channel 4 News item again. Boddy says, "This was the first time the governors had really heard of all of this." I won't accuse Boddy of lying as his sentence could be understood in more than one way, but I do find it a very offensive thing for Boddy to have said, as was his invocation of Desmond Tutu. By the way, how is the 'reconciliation process' progressing these days, David?

actuallythere

Postby actuallythere » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:55 am

Thanks Tom, yes I am almost certain now that I was thinking of Price rather than Townend. I must have read that SES were quite unethically trying to place their own partisan chairman. I'd still be more comfortable if I could work out how and why Townend was chosen.

Indeed the irony about Boddy's appropriation of the phrase 'Truth and Reconciliation' is that is was first coined by victims rather than abusers - and Boddy is a spokesman for the abusers. He had no right to do it, it was appallingly arrogant. It would have been more grown up and indeed philosophical of him to look at Christian teaching in a more straightforward and less calculating way. He ought to have simply stated that he and his gang need to ask the most difficult questions of themselves, and seek forgiveness (without presuming they'll get it) from those who they mistreat. It's the remorseful abuser who goes to the former victim with a bowed head, not the other way round.

As to "This was the first time the governors had really heard of all of this." Really heard? Isn't that a bit like the first time a politician 'really' took a bribe?! Either he heard or he didn't hear. Classic slimy spin doctor equivocation.

I'll respect your opinion and stand by mine: he lied.

Which for me, begs the question that one asks of all public figures who lie: what else are they lying about?

One could start with tax schemes for organizations with charitable status, and keep going. Also, the Freedom of Information Act is surprisingly empowering. Given Sinclair is a consultant for the government, and Boddy was a consultant for Thatcher, its all entirely within the remit.

ET

Postby ET » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:15 pm

I may have my recollections wrong, as it was some time ago, but I seem to remember that Townend was chosen because he had a history of working on cases of child abuse. I'm pretty sure that his appointment was approved by the Pupils and Parents Inquiry Action Group, which was very active at that time.

I had several e-mail and telephone communications with James Townend, and found him to be a very sympathetic man who seemed to want to do his best by us, the victims. His report was excellent and very detailed, and called for a lot of changes and an apology. He also sent another report to the Governors naming the three or four teachers who he felt he could prove had carried out serious abuse. He recommended that they be disciplined.

The way the SES whitewashed the whole thing afterwards, refusing to apologise, and "reprimanding" the named teachers (most of whom still taught there) instead of disciplining them, had absolutely nothing to do with James Townend.

I really do believe he did his best for us in very difficult circumstances, and I will always be grateful to him.
Pupil at St James Girl's School from 1979-1989, from age 4-14. Parents ex-members of SES.

actuallythere

Postby actuallythere » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:21 pm

Thank you very much ET. Clearly, I must have been thinking of Price.

woodgreen

Postby woodgreen » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:29 pm

Hi All
actuallythere wrote:This is going slightly off tangent but your mention of Boddy reminded me I recently re-watched that Channel 4 News investigation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnv1tTcm6t4 and it is entirely accurate to conclude from it that Boddy was lying to the public. He said he hadn't heard of the abuse, and then the C4 narrator says that the abuse had in fact been reported in the 80s and investigated in the 90s. Boddy had to have known, ergo he had to have been lying to C4.

That was thorough of C4 to point that out, but they got tricked into referring to the Townend report as an "independent" inquiry. Another lie. Regardless of the fakery on its website, the inquiry was run by trustees like Jeremy Sinclar, and therefore internal. Even Townend, as far as I recall, is an SES member. This is what they call in PR a 'whitewash', and it strikes me as deeply sinister that we have a PR man who demonstrably lies to reporters heading a school with a history of child abuse. If they are capable of that level of mendacity, then what else are they capable of?

What did Boddy actually do for Thatcher as her PR man? I wouldn't be surprised if he tried and failed to cover up untold abuses of political power.

Time, I think, for a Freedom of Information Act request.
Thanks actually there - what could we request under the FOI? Are you thinking about Boddy and Co.'s political connections and influence in respect of the SES? Would it be specifically in respect of their Charity status or some other area? I used to be a civil servant and whilst the FOI can elicit information I think there needs to be a specific matter on which to make a request - not sure if there are time limits? Like you I think they have, and still do use their connections in the political world to prevent them being held to account, but I expect we would need to pin down a specific question to take the FOI forward. regards, woodgreen.
Ex-SES Member. (Member for 3 years in late nineties).

actuallythere

Postby actuallythere » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:24 pm

Thanks Woodgreen.

Ideally we would benefit from a full account of the relationship between the Thatcher government and Boddy/ Sinclair, and whether the goods or services they provided were in any way linked to their roles in SES. But I assume that would be too abstract for an FOI request. Perhaps we could start with the money trail: how much were Boddy/ Sinclair and organizations they are associated paid with taxpayers' money by the Thatcher government, and for what services exactly?

Same question for Sinclair during the Cameron campaign in the general election, provided party funds (as opposed to taxpayers' money) are subject to the FOIA. Additionally, was Cameron aware when he hired Sinclair that Sinclair was on the board of a school with a proven history of child abuse and a PR man as a headmaster? Was Cameron comfortable paying for advice from a man in a senior leadership role of an organization which has had extremely serious concerns raised about it from ex-members and families of members, for at least the last 20 years? Or did Cameron fail to vet Sinclair for potential reputational damage he might bring the Conservative Party?

woodgreen

Postby woodgreen » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:29 pm

Yes, I think you are right, Cameron did not do his checks, but used Sinclair because of the Tory Party's traditional links with Satchi & Satchi - (spelt wrong? don't care!!) which goes back to Thatcher's time also. Bit like an old boy's club probably. Cameron has already come unstuck with his first PR man who he had to sack, and IMO he is either naive or a puppet of his Party's hierarchy ( does happen in politics). The party donation money does come under some rules I think - will need to check, so maybe that is the route to follow - but not sure its the Freedom of Information Act. Think it is more to do with disclosure of donations under some not very tight Parliamentary rules. Do the general public have access to those rules I wonder. And Sinclair ends up on the Tony Blair Foundation too - I think I have already mentioned that I e-mailed the Foundation about Sinclair and was advised that it had nothing to do with Blair's political past. Strange that Blair would appoint him but I suspect Blair is just a figurehead for the Foundation. Bit like high profile people are Patrons of allsorts of organisations. Something wrong in the state of Denmark methinks. (Sorry if this triggers a Hamlet bell - yep part 1 i recall - did him for "O" level!) Possibly a Sinclair/Boddy thread here, as they are both Tory PR men, and have used the establishment and the old Tory,Liberal, and Labour connections to their own ends whilst not being out front. cheers, woodgreen.

woodgreen

Postby woodgreen » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:02 am

Back to NW SES - my main " tutor" not that I accept that word in any way shape or form as anything good in the SES, was Ursula Gothard, and one reason I have struggled with this cult is that she was an Irish (NI) Catholic, at least in her early upbringing. Trusted her I suppose - but she obviously used my (not full Irish) and (somewhat jaded) Catholicism to do the SES control job. She must have chucked in her upbringing for the cult ( lot like McLaren - she sang his praises in one class) and she pulled in quite a few new people for the SES through the Eighth Day Cafe - the CO-Operative Vegetarian place a stones throw from Manchester Uni. No wonder I am not a happy bunny - "Cults in our Midst" applies in the Regions too. And Ms. Gothard, not a woman's woman, it would seem - she must have taken the shilling somewhere along the line. ( An Irish turn of phrase for those who know it, so don't worry, but in a nutshell Ursula provides the veggie food in the NW - or did at one time.). Service providers again, maybe that's all the SES people are. Cults use service as a "God" thing. Not true and not appropriate in modern life. And when we leave the SES, OMG, they have no providers. Wonder who polishes their bannisters now folks, let's hope they have to employ someone properly, and pay them minimum wage, and tell Dave the Cameron that the Big Society came and went when he was little and he needs to tackle the cults. xx woodgreen. enter key still not working. oh no I can't afford a new laptop!! in the words of ? " I will survive" even without my enter key.!! Good weekend folks.

woodgreen

Postby woodgreen » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:12 pm

Quick posting to see if I can - NW School on the RADAR now - Cranny and Cairncross not happy - Cranny is on the Schools Education Trustees, Cairncross yet to declare himself. Both deep in the mire of the cult using their energy control and all the rest that the cult offers them. xx woodgreen.

woodgreen

Postby woodgreen » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:24 pm

What I question is their use of all our upbringings - I remember going to Brinscall for the "the prep" and in the room they had bibles on display, so in my mind it must have sent a "ok" message . ( In A Christian sense). Let us be honest - the SES use Christianty and Hinduism in their cult - MacLaren et al. Spiritually they are bankrupt, their money props them up. Neither Christians, Hinudus, Jews, or Muslims in normal faith accept them. Could not do a new age thing. They have used all faiths to their ends i.e. a pretence of a new way. Unfortunately, David Boddy thinks his money and his conservative links rule. Legallly safe but spiritually unsound is David Boddy. -Money does not rule Mr. Boddy, and neither does your cult. Bibles Boddy? Be one or the other - the world is bigger than you. regards and Happy Easter to all on this Forum. xxxx. Woodgreen.

woodgreen

Postby woodgreen » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:49 pm

Suggest we discuss the energy abuses that go on in the SES - after the meditation fails and nervous systems are sensitive, the energy control begins ( was their objective anyway it seems) and to control they need to get into our selves i.e. our nervous systems, . I started to " feel" their control - obviously another reason I left. Our nervous system records almost everything that goes on in our lives, and cults know how to get in there. Nerves represent our energy, and cults go into our central nervous system to control. Love bomb, then hard men. The lovey women and the men of the hard cults. Likje a war that should never have existed. Hard man Cairncross behind his NW women. No Happy Easter coming through from Cairncross, and if he thinks he is following Krishna, read the last line of the Gita Dr.C. Or follow the love of Christ in the Bibles on the shelf in Brinscall. Cairncross feels like a very hard cult man who has no love left, and who I do not respect. xxxxxxx woodgreen

woodgreen

Postby woodgreen » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:55 pm

Hi All , hope you had a good Easter. Sorry if my threading on the NW School is getting boring, but it is helping me shed some of the "stuff" from the SES. And sorry if it might start to get a little bit deep, but as I mentioned on an earlier post, the energy issues from the school have surfaced as something I may need to address and there is nowhere else I can do it yet, except on this Forum. I remember picking up an energy "tap" from someone, which I thought might have just been an internal reaction to something, but on reflection I wonder if it was actually a real negative attitude to me, that I registered. ( Felt it on my leg, and saw someone looking at them). Given the obsession the SES seemed to have with bodily presentation I wonder whether I was being given a negative - I did wear shortish skirts sometimes when I joined, although I also wore trousers and longer skirts depending on the mood/time/occasion. It was a wear what you want fashion in the times I joined. Did I imagine it, was I a bit sensitive to their thoughts, or is there an element of truth in the "vibes" I kept picking up? I think yes, they were sending some subtle control/negative messages, that I picked up, did not fully recognise at the time, but they built up, and added to why I eventually left ( and may well have been helped out along the way by them i.e. they didn't really want me there! (Touche Madam). Difficult one, the energy debate.xx woodgreen.

Return to “General discussion of SES”