SES - Any Connection to the Freemasons?

Discussion of the SES, particularly in the UK.
woodgreen

SES - Any Connection to the Freemasons?

Postby woodgreen » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:35 am

Something been bothering me for a while - Mclaren apparently gave some praise to the Freemasons in the past, and they too are named as an NRM on the C of E's website. The Freemason debate is another one, (plenty on the web) but in my time in the NW School, it held some of it's events in the Masonic Hall in Central Manchester. It may just have been a geographic thing ( it was across the road from the SES Central Manchester venue, now closed) but I picked up some connection between the two organisations. I think maybe there were members of the SES who were/are Freemasons ( and vice-versa depending on their backgrounds) and there may well be similar people across the country and particularly in London where connections count in the so-called hierarchy. Not beyond the realms of probability. From my understanding of the Freemasons, they are not far away from the SES version of life ( a muddled up new Religion, women do not figure, and money is the new God). They study a range of esoteric stuff, but are unclear about their real existence/ objectives. Some cross fertilization maybe. And they operate at the high money level. I do know some Masons to be honest, and one said to me that they i.e. the Freemasons ( did not mention them by name) were better than Church. Established Church/Cof E/Catholic/, any Church/mainstream Religion?- not sure what he was alluding to at the time as I was still struggling with my exit from the SES, but looking back they certainly do have some similarities to the SES. regards, woodgreen.
Ex-SES Member. (Member for 3 years in late nineties).

sydneykatieking

Re: SES - Any Connection to the Freemasons?

Postby sydneykatieking » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:45 am

Hello, I have only just now read 'the small print' notice for unanswered posts and read yours. Sorry, I'm years late. Regarding SES and the Masons: Mickey Mavro, of Sydney SOP, was a Freemason, I was told by a reliable, if indiscreet, top group source. He was also obsessed with Mozart's Magic Flute (we all had to attend a performance together at the Sydney Opera House in the 1970s) with its Freemasonry imagery and themes. I agree with your assessment of the parallels between the two belief systems: the exclusiveness, the elitism, the exclusion of women, the status membership which provided business and social contacts, but only for the 'chosen.' Both systems have this delusion of an exclusive 'inner circle,' (by invitation only) which I find really distasteful and sick. If I remember correctly, women and black people were excluded from membership. Women were allow 'auxiliary' supportive roles, only. They supposedly have some silly childish secret handshake, so members 'know each other' when they meet.

Also, Mickey Mavro was ambitious. He had designs and desires on being named as Leon Maclaren's successor as head of "The School." He 'aped' Maclaren, even to the point of having himself made a Royal Stewart tartan waistcoat so he could pretend to be a Scottish Laird. He sought Maclaren's approval and praise and gave hell to the senior/top students if he didn't get the praise he thought he was entitled to. So anything Maclaren endorsed, Mickey endorsed too.

I knew a farmer in Victoria who was a Freemason and he was certainly not rich or powerful, but he was very careful not to let me read any of the 'handbook' they used in their ceremonies. And it was a 'blokes only' club. It was like 'church' to him. I do remember the Roman Catholic Church being very critical of the Masons; it was considered impossible to be a good practicing Catholic and a practicing Mason at the same time. That tells me its a power thing.

Cheers from Texas
Sydney SOP survivor 1969-1980, proud contributor to the expose, Secret Cult.

Gerasene Demon

Postby Gerasene Demon » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:34 pm

sydneykatieking

Postby sydneykatieking » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:42 pm

Thanks for the link, but sorry, but I have no idea was C.F.A.S. means. Can you clarify?
Sydney SOP survivor 1969-1980, proud contributor to the expose, Secret Cult.

Gerasene Demon

Postby Gerasene Demon » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:11 am

"Salaman, Clement and Van Oyen, Dorine and Wharton, William D. and Mahé, Jean-Pierre (2000). The Way of Hermes: New Translations of The Corpus Heremticum and The Definitions of Hermes Trismegistus to Asclepius. Rochester: Inner Traditions."

Wikipedia - Hermeticism

Return to “General discussion of SES”