Okay, we're going to change to registered users only.

Anything relating to the operation of this site.
mgormez

Postby mgormez » Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:25 pm

Hi Abel,

Abel Holzing wrote:
mgormez wrote:You believe I have some dark motive ...

No, but maybe just a little bit of paranoia: this is the first time in 5 1/2 months of membership that I have objected to a decision you have taken, or anything you have written; and in my first post in this thread I specifically stated that "I [was] not suggesting any deliberate manipulation" on your part ...

Here again you play a word game. This is what your post said:

Abel Holzing wrote:Are you sure that this is your true motivation? I have a sneaking suspicion that there is more to it - this guy is expressing some views, hidden in between his crazy utterings, that don't fit in the mainstream of the postings so far. Are you sure that protecting innocent kiddies is what you are about? I am not suggesting any deliberate manipulation, but maybe subliminally ...

While I above address your questing of my motivation, you reply smoothly with a non-sequitur about manipulation, and lovingly leave out your use of 'subliminally'.

I don't call that straight shooting Abel.

Anyway, I consider the case close. The board is closed off for anons (sadly) and Matt can find a new sandbox to urinate in.
Mike Gormez

Abel Holzing

Postby Abel Holzing » Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:11 pm

Hi Mike
mgormez wrote:Hi Abel,

Abel Holzing wrote:
mgormez wrote:You believe I have some dark motive ...

No, but maybe just a little bit of paranoia: this is the first time in 5 1/2 months of membership that I have objected to a decision you have taken, or anything you have written; and in my first post in this thread I specifically stated that "I [was] not suggesting any deliberate manipulation" on your part ...

Here again you play a word game. This is what your post said:

Abel Holzing wrote:Are you sure that this is your true motivation? I have a sneaking suspicion that there is more to it - this guy is expressing some views, hidden in between his crazy utterings, that don't fit in the mainstream of the postings so far. Are you sure that protecting innocent kiddies is what you are about? I am not suggesting any deliberate manipulation, but maybe subliminally ...

Following which you interpreted the ... in a particular and unwarranted way, based on what you thought I meant - which is why your comments felt a bit paranoid to me.

My point was (also consistently made elsewhere) that "maybe subliminally ... you are emotionally too involved, have a vested interest in what is said and published on this forum, and therefore are not moderating this forum as effectively as you could".

Becoming subliminally (sub-consciously, emotionally) involved is quite different from being deliberately manipulative.

mgormez wrote:I don't call that straight shooting Abel.

I refer to my earlier comments re paranoia.

mgormez wrote:Anyway, I consider the case close.

... having addressed a couple of minor, but by-passed the major issues that were raised ...

AH

mgormez

Postby mgormez » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:30 pm

Abel Holzing wrote:My point was (also consistently made elsewhere) that "maybe subliminally ... you are emotionally too involved, have a vested interest in what is said and published on this forum, and therefore are not moderating this forum as effectively as you could".

Becoming subliminally (sub-consciously, emotionally) involved is quite different from being deliberately manipulative.

Obviously I care for this board Abel, even emotionally. But then elsewhere are some horrible stories published of abused people and not only by SES. You make it sound as if I am opposed to critical voices and Matt was just having a different oppinion than I'd like to see here. That is bollucks. I have never sent a pro-poster away, never.

But lets return the table, you seem to have some emotionally attachement as well. Did you take note of Daffy who pointed out rantings of Matt, or do you care it seems that yesterday again he posted the same message in under multiple threads for no reason at all?

So tell me, what causes your blindspot to his behaviour and do you think for a moment that his behaviour would have been acceptable on any board elsewhere?
Mike Gormez

Return to “Housekeeping”