Cleaning up call

Anything relating to the operation of this site.
mgormez

Cleaning up call

Postby mgormez » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:54 pm

I just don't have the time to go trough every thread. So I'll ask it here. Anyone objects to nuking all locked Matt threads? He wants them deleted but I want permission from the other people who wrote in them.

If you see a valuable non-Matt post that should be saved, post the URL here please. Matt, if you read this then mail me the URLs as well of the postings you like see saved with a short description so I catch the right one.

URL= is the addres like you see at the top of your browser that begins with http://
Mike Gormez

Daffy

Postby Daffy » Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:33 pm

Mike, I can see why Matt might be having some regrets about making a fool of himself in front of everyone he grew up with, but I don't think you should waste your time indulging him.

He posted a heap of puerile, insulting and sometimes offensive drivel. As a result, you were forced to introduce posting by registered users only. In the week since then the number of posts in this forum seems to have fallen by about 80% or more. So for the damage he has done to this board, and as a reminder to him that he is an adult who needs to take responsibility for his actions, I wouldn't delete any of his remaining threads.

Another argument for keeping his posts is that there are several users who think Matt's contributions were 'refreshing', 'entertaining' or otherwise worthy additions to the debate. I obviously don't share those opinions, but it would have to be assumed that these users would object to deleting the relevant posts (even though they have not spoken up).

It's your site, Mike, and therefore your decision, but I think it would be excessively kind to him to cover his tracks as he requests.

EDIT: if you do decide to delete any of his threads, can you move them to a hidden group so that they can be resurrected or referred to if necessary? Permanently deleting them would not leave you with these options.

TB

Postby TB » Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:22 am

So for the damage he has done to this board, and as a reminder to him that he is an adult who needs to take responsibility for his actions, I wouldn't delete any of his remaining threads.

Daffy, we cannot go on agreeing like this!

Mike I support what Daffy proposes, historically and psychologically Matts posts are relevant to this board, so leave them and block future posts. Otherwise we might be guilty of changing history.

The above notwithstanding, as the owner of this board, you do all the work benefitting others for no reward, I think you should do what you feel is best. You do not need to justify to your passengers how you handle your board. If we do not like it we can go elsewhere.

mgormez

Postby mgormez » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:36 pm

I understand the the feelings. Yes, he posted a lot of drivel and I understand all too well the damage he has caused and the time he stole from me. But lets not forget the focus, this is not an 'educate Matt' board but one focussed on SES.

Believe you me I will be very happy when I am done with the aftermath of this nuisance and cleared as much as possible off this board.

I don't know if I can park the postings somewhere out of sight. The problem is that the instructions for general users of this board is much more elaborate than the instructions to the people who install it. So far I have not been able to park them somewhere else. So I'll probably be ending up with saving the HTML files on my own computer.
Mike Gormez

Return to “Housekeeping”