New style contest

Anything relating to the operation of this site.
mgormez

New style contest

Postby mgormez » Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:00 am

I don't know about you guys/gals but this blue message board can use some colour. The look is pretty boring. But instead of me picking a new color we can pick a few by voting.

Go to this page, and choose at the top various templates. Then report back which one you like. http://www.phpbb.com/styles/demo.php

So.. start your browser and may the best taste win :-)

{But keep in mind that some serious stuff is disclosed on this board so it can't be too extreme.}
Last edited by mgormez on Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mike Gormez

ross nolan

forum layout/colour

Postby ross nolan » Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:27 pm

Hi Mike, I think the present colour and layout is quite OK and easy on the eyes relative to some (no white on black background or similar contrast please in any case ) Is pink really the new black ? (Ha)

Substance is more important than style and the existing forum has resulted in a lot of substantial information .

Best regards , Ross N.
Skeptic

mgormez

Postby mgormez » Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:32 pm

Ross, your comment is noted. This blue template will always be here as it comes standard with the package. But just in case someone wants colore then they would be able to select that in their profile setting.
Mike Gormez

Matthew

Postby Matthew » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:35 pm

Hi Mike,

I looked at a few of the other formats (there's loads of them!) but I still prefer our current one - its easy on the eyes, without being too dull!

Thanks for the offer though :?)

mgormez

Postby mgormez » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:47 pm

Matthew wrote:I looked at a few of the other formats (there's loads of them!) but I still prefer our current one - its easy on the eyes, without being too dull!

Thanks for the offer though :?)

Hold on Matthew, I am not so easily swayed. How about this one?

It looks like an easy on the eyes winner :-)
http://www.skaidon.co.uk/phpBB/index.php?style=31
Mike Gormez

Matthew

I'm no art critic but...

Postby Matthew » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:17 pm

I like it Mike. Kind of mauvey-lilac borders and a nice dash of yellow, with an "easy on the eyes" off-white foreground.

A change is as good as a rest - so it gets my vote :-)

-Matt

ET

Postby ET » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:10 pm

Sorry Mike and Matthew, but I don't like that one at all!

You can't please everyone though, and I expect we would all cope with the change!

:B-fly:

non-conformist

new stylie

Postby non-conformist » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:50 pm

OK, there are a lot of things ET and I disagree on, after all we have a long history. I happen to love the colour lilac and I think the yellowy/goldy thing they've got going kinda jazzes it up a bit. Sorry ET, but there you go... we always were chalk and cheese!!!! Love you. xxxx

mgormez

Postby mgormez » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:39 am

ET wrote:Sorry Mike and Matthew, but I don't like that one at all!

You can't please everyone though, and I expect we would all cope with the change!

No worries ET, Matthew and I were joking. Personally I find it a horrible color scheme. But whatever template gets added, it will not force anyone to use those colors. They are an extra option a person can choose from.

Non-conformist, if you really like those colors than I can install it just for you. So let me know if you're serious.
Mike Gormez

non-conformist

colour scheme

Postby non-conformist » Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:59 pm

Mike

To be perfectly honest, its too painful for words!!!! I don't like it and it was a ruse to wind up ET. Probably not the best use of this site I admit but after a few glasses, nay bottles, of wine, I couldn't resist.... Sorry! xx

mgormez

Postby mgormez » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:59 am

No prob NC. And just in case you might change your mind I downloaded a copy of the horrible template anyway... :evil:
Mike Gormez

Return to “Housekeeping”