Welcome to ses-forums.org!

Anything relating to the operation of this site.
Daffy

Re: Welcome to the new board!

Postby Daffy » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:06 pm

Free Thinker wrote:you can't go wrong with a cute kitten.

I think you can! http://www.catsthatlooklikehitler.com/c ... eigbest.pl

Free Thinker

Postby Free Thinker » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:31 am

Daffy wrote:
Free Thinker wrote:you can't go wrong with a cute kitten.

I think you can! http://www.catsthatlooklikehitler.com/c ... eigbest.pl

Sigh! I forgot the basic rule that no matter what crazy idea you can think up, someone has already done it on the internet.

phoenix

Postby phoenix » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:45 pm

Thank you for welcoming new members to your Forum.

Daffy

Postby Daffy » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:55 pm

Welcome. No obligation whatsoever to do so, but would you like to tell us about any interest in and connection with the SES you may have? Feel free to start a new thread or add to an existing one.

phoenix

Postby phoenix » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:16 am

Thank you for your invitation, Daffy. At the moment I am just looking, as they say!

LongTimeDead

Re: Welcome to ses-forums.org!

Postby LongTimeDead » Mon May 09, 2011 2:00 am

These discussions are interesting, informative and cathartic for many. I wonder if it is time to start a thread for 'where to next?'

To re-cap: St V was a brutish experience; was violent, unjust and unjustified; Debenham et al have continually lied about what went on; Boddy used an inquiry set up by him, with his terms of reference as an exercise in PR - even then not all info uncovered has been made public.......

For example..... where in the punishment book is the record of a whole class being canned at 92 Queensgate [after a music lesson with Noel Skinner - perhaps we shouldn't have turned the stereo up to 11 when he was writing on the board]...... where is the record of a student getting four strokes then standing up, believing the punishment was over, to receive two more on the forearms..... Where are the records of the early days when people like PH, RG etc received more than forty strokes in a term...... pretty good demonstration that corporal punishment does not work. And while we are on the topic, do not forget that Debenham did not always use a cane. Sometimes he preferred a short leather bound officer's stick that he kept in his cupboard next to the officer's hat.

Yeah, I was there from the start....... there was no 'duty of care' being exercised by the staff -their only duty was to the supposed ideals of a a sixty a day chain smoker and a bunch of acolytes getting off on having access to 'special knowledge' that made them better than everybody else. They are no better than anyone: they are all charlatans.

I'm curious that very few of the original students from St V seem to have made comment on this site..... like many of them I attended evening classes with the SES..... but left in my teenage years, fostering a healthy disrespect for authority.

For the healing process to continue, justice must be seen to be done. While events of the last few years have inconvenienced the SES and its day schools and led to superficial change, nothing much has changed at the heart of the beast.

The organisation that proclaims to be guided by a search for truth is in fact built on lies. This at least should be demonstrated incontrovertibly in the public domain.

So, my old friends, WHERE TO NEXT?

Return to “Housekeeping”