Tears Roll Down

A place for discussions that don't fit elsewhere.
Alban

Postby Alban » Fri May 05, 2006 7:07 pm

Shout,

The SES is a bit like a smoking habit...they're both bad for you, cause you pain, and require you to pay for the priviledge

:eggface:

Do you or have you ever smoked? I have. Before all of the health hazards were known about, it was considered a cool thing to do, and no-body saw any harm in it (I once joined the SES too!)

Now we know about the dangers of smoking, you can't move for warnings about how bad they are for your health - yet some people still smoke and even if you made it illegal, they will never stop smoking.

You could broadly place people into five categories for the purposes of this analogy.

1) Those who never smoked in the first place
2) Those who did smoke but have given up
3) Those who still smoke but are genuinely trying to give up
4) Those who recognise the harm it does them but make excuses
5) Those who will not admit that the habit is doing them any harm

We have a similar cross-section of people here, although members of the last group tend to disappear pretty quickly after their arguments get blown out of the water.

So, if you must vent your anger, then maybe you could direct it at the hardened extremists of group 5 who tend to come here with an equally indignant and intollerant manner.

Don't kick someone for having taken up smoking when they've been free of it for many years.

Alban

Shout

Postby Shout » Fri May 05, 2006 8:44 pm

Last edited by Shout on Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AntonR

Postby AntonR » Fri May 05, 2006 10:22 pm

Post deleted
Last edited by AntonR on Wed May 17, 2006 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shout

In your court

Postby Shout » Sat May 06, 2006 1:12 am

Last edited by Shout on Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shout

Postby Shout » Sat May 06, 2006 3:02 am

Last edited by Shout on Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BoeingDriver

Postby BoeingDriver » Sat May 06, 2006 5:09 am

Hatefulness, vidictiveness, ignorance, rudeness (in the extreme) tinged with a degree of arrogance - you're a real work of art, Shout, an amalgam of all those those things you purport to despise.

Your tag says you're located in "reality". I think not!!!

From where I'm sitting, it looks like you live in your own festering little world, a million light years from anything resembling "reality".

At the moment you give no indication that you want out of that place.

Perhaps it is just that you can't find a way out, and if that is the case I am truly sorry (for what it's worth - which, in your eyes at the moment, probably something significantly less than 5/8 of FA) and sincerely wish that there was something I could do to help you but, as we both know, there isn't.

I've spent the past 15+ years trying to deal with my wife's bouts of despair and misery, and what on ocassion seems to me to be a somewhat distorted take on reality (oops - she's just seen this and I fear that I'm about to be called to account), all brought about by the same organisation that has obviously done you so much harm. I think she is now starting to be able to make some sense of the nonsensical upbringing she was exposed to (or, if you like, had inflicted upon her) and that can largely be attributed to this forum.

However, attempting to drag people who are doing their best to escape from their misery and despair into your place of misery and despair helps no one.

Your attacks on some of the others who post on this forum are nothing less than evil. It does your cause, whatever that might be (unless it is some sort of perverted instant gratification you're trying to achieve), absolutely no good whatsoever.

All that you will achieve is total alienation, and I'm just guessing here, but I think that's probably the very last thing you want or need.

You don't have to SHOUT to be heard here.

daska

Postby daska » Sat May 06, 2006 9:00 am

Shout - if you don't have something constructive to say why don't you write your posts and check them in the cold light of whenever you manage to get yourself sober. Your outbursts are truly offensive and I personally would not now be sad to see you banned. Would miss your humour but the flip side would not be being made to feel sick when I read posts like your ones above.

a different guest

Postby a different guest » Sat May 06, 2006 10:17 am

Maybe I should respond by reminding you that this website was not set up for the healing of the guilty parties such as yourself, who have failed to accept responsibility for their actions.

And where have they 'failed' to accept responsibility? Why do you think they need 'healing' too Shout? Can you emphasise (something so difficult it seems for SES people) with their position? They were victims too Shout. You don't seem to 'get' that.
Relatives with long-term involvement in the SES / SOP/ SoEP

Daffy

Postby Daffy » Sat May 06, 2006 11:46 am

Shout,

You have been urged to tone it down by a number of users including Goblinboy and it doesn't seem to have worked, so we're giving you a week in the quiet room to calm down.

Next weekend have another read of your post above http://www.whyaretheydead.net/phpBB2/vi ... =7958#7958 . If you still think this is an acceptable way of expressing yourself then PM Goblinboy or myself and let us know that you need a longer holiday from this board.

Alban

Re: In your court

Postby Alban » Sat May 06, 2006 2:38 pm

Quite Right Daffy, but I still think that the above post needs to be editted or removed.

No-one should have to put up with...

Shout wrote:...Don't tell me what to do you diseased piece of shit.

which just about contravines every rule this board has on personal abuse.

A week is lienient, Shout. Think yourself very lucky indeed...if you lose the ability to post on this board, then you will have no audience for your rants which will make you even more frustrated.

Whichever society you elect to join will have a set of rules which need to be adhered to. The sooner you realise this, the sooner you'll find life within that society gets less fraught.

Alban

Scotsman

SoP in Sydney under the Mavros

Postby Scotsman » Sat May 06, 2006 5:43 pm

During the thirty years I attended SES in the UK, it was "accepted wisdom" that people living in the Southern Hemisphere were more soundly "asleep" than people in the Northern Hemisphere and that the School "discipline" needed to be stricter and stronger in those locations. This was Mr MacLaren's view, which I heard expressed by him more than once, and it certainly applied to those branches of the SES "down under" called SoP, in Sydney, Melbourne and Auckland.

And certainly under the Mavros in Sydney, it was! It was not uncommon for people to have "duties" on five nights of the week, not just one as in the UK. I attended the Sydney school in 1971 and remember people in dark suits all looking remarkably alike, working at "being conscious", not at all laid back as Australians tend to be. One evening, Mrs Mavro took a combined Group and simply lectured us non stop! Noone was allowed to get a word in edgeways.

Finally the Mavros were deposed, and not before time. Theirs was a truly tyrannical rule and I can confirm some of the stories about them and the misery thay caused. When I went back to SoP in Sydney in 1989 it was under the more benign leadership of Mr Tolhurst.

Once you have been attending SES/SoP for a year or two it does become remarkably hard to leave. The organisation convinces you that this is the only way to find "The TRuth" and if you leave you will be going "back to sleep" at best, or suffer some evil consequences at worst. Of course this is nonsense, and there is definately life after SES/SoP! A life moreover which is much freer and more interesting, without all the burdens that SES/SoP imposes. At least that is my experience. For those inclined to follow a "spiritual path", there is plenty of choice. SES/SoP certainly isn't "the only way" as they would have their members believe.

Daffy

Re: In your court

Postby Daffy » Sun May 07, 2006 12:17 am

I pretty much agree with everything you say, Alban, with one qualification: I think leaving Shout's post there serves a useful purpose in publicly justifying his suspension. Remember the flak after Sam was suspended a couple of months back for an abusive post and no-one could see the relevant post for themselves? :?

Having said that, if AnthonyR (the object of Shout's bile on this occasion) wants us to remove it, we will.

Daffy

Alban wrote:Quite Right Daffy, but I still think that the above post needs to be editted or removed.

No-one should have to put up with...

Shout wrote:...Don't tell me what to do you diseased piece of shit.

which just about contravines every rule this board has on personal abuse.

A week is lienient, Shout. Think yourself very lucky indeed...if you lose the ability to post on this board, then you will have no audience for your rants which will make you even more frustrated.

Whichever society you elect to join will have a set of rules which need to be adhered to. The sooner you realise this, the sooner you'll find life within that society gets less fraught.

Alban

CeliaR

Postby CeliaR » Sun May 07, 2006 1:09 am

Post deleted
Last edited by CeliaR on Wed May 17, 2006 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

mm-

Postby mm- » Sun May 07, 2006 8:29 am

Dear CeliaR,

PS. Those who care to might look at Quantum Physics.

Sorry, have I missed something, Why?

Ben W

The sun and the wind

Postby Ben W » Sun May 07, 2006 12:05 pm

Shout wrote:I like you Ben W, and I don't give a Castlemaine(TM) if you don't like me anymore! - tough!

Thanks Shout - I still like you.

I have a story I use in circumstances such as this. I'm sure you've heard it. It has helped me more than once. If it helps then it is yours, if not please ignore...

The story concerns the sun and the wind - who one cold day were arguing over who was the stronger. They devised a test of strength on a poor unsuspecting man walking along in a heavy overcoat. The stronger, it was agreed, would be the one who could cause the man to take off his coat.

The wind went first and threw up a terrible gale that shook the leaves from the trees and knocked birds off course. The harder the wind blew more the man scowled and held tightly wrapped his coat around him until at last, exhausted, the wind admitted defeat.

Then the sun took her turn. She moved the centre of the sky and shone her brightest. The man smiled, loosened his arms, unbuttoned his coat and, after a short while, took it off himself.

Whether helpful or not, I look forward to your return.

Best wishes,
Ben

PS I sense that you gain value from this site. If I can make one request of you in relation to this place, it is that you search inside yourself for the strength to respect and care for the people here - even though you may not agree with them, even if they may remind you of people who wronged you or people like you, even though that strength may not have been extended to you in the past when it was most needed.
Last edited by Ben W on Mon May 08, 2006 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Child member of SES from around 1967 to around 1977; Strongly involved in Sunday Schools ; Five brothers and sisters went to ST V and St J in the worst years

Return to “Miscellaneous”