Am I a cult member?

A place for discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Do you think i'm brainwashed

Yes
44%
No
56%

Total votes: 9

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:34 pm

1. The word equality shouldn't even be used. Equality recognises a difference

he couldn?t have put it better! I totally agree, if you start to form an opinion in the first place, either for or against, you've already gone too far. That is the first step in discrimination and it?s not needed.
I say every man unto himself; personally I wouldn?t like to form an opinion on male penetrative sex as that would be going against my motto: Don?t knock it till you've tried it!
As for 'women', I hold no desire nor see the need for them to be subservient; many friends I know in the girl's school are QUITE the opposite! Hehehhe We are a very willful and free thinking bunch, not even a combined effort from Mount Olympus could smother our opinions.

Sam xox
Last edited by Sam Hyde on Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thats old now, like me, only 4 weeks to go!!!!!
"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education"

Zathura

Postby Zathura » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:28 pm

If none of you pay the slightest bit of attention to what you are taught about women and men why do they teach it. When I was your age I thought I was cool independent thinking and cool about women not being subserviant at all. i've always been a romantic. However I began to notice when I hit twenty five that much as I'd always rejected the S.E.S view of women in truth it was still an imprint, a blue print just below the surface that I was fighting against to hold the normal rational views I had always claimed to have.
Why be injected with this false blueprint. If you look beneath the surfece you and your girlfriends might notice you are a little uncertain of your stand given the indoctrination from a young age you have recieved.
Maybe they don't pump it like they used to. But the S.E.S view on women is very clear indeed as far as I know. The only thing is everyone in the girls school in the S.E.S claims to be independent and willfull minded my mum included, so why have the doctrine if everybody thinks it is wrong and are happy to be willfull. Maybe underneath everything everyone believes it?
i talked to Boddy and my ex foundation tutor Courtney at the beginning of the year last year and Boddy agreed with me that perhaps there was some subtelties about the man/ woman teachings I was missing. Courtney said the reason that women should obey men is that this was part of the Absolute's laws when he created the creation. Courtneys a nice guy. I love him truth be told and we were very close and still are when we meet occassionally but these are the teachings, these ARE the beliefs. This is what the S.E.S teaches and stands up for. This is what I was given as a teenager and young man and this is what I'm still sure is taught at Foundation groups.
The schools are living in denial.

I was told by a friend recently that an S.E.S father she knew lets the son listen to pop music and not his daughter. The daughter is two years older I think even 16. The son can listen at 14 because of his reason. This is true.

When I was young my father used to smash my records up. I had a secret stash of tapes and then gradually he chilled out. My bro was left alone. Ironically he was introduced to all these things probably younger than most.
My father was violent on these issues. He also is a complete dick head on quite a few issues and has a confused rhetoric on women also.

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:36 pm

Too many If's.
If none of you pay the slightest bit of attention to what you are taught about women and men why do they teach it.

Well there?s always some1 that listens. If they admitted it, WE CERTAINLY DONT.
Maybe they don't pump it like they used to

Really they DONT! I used to receive 'philosophy' lessons when Wray would read 'material' to us from Mr. Mc Larren, good opportunity for a snooze. This material ahs recently ALL BEEN REVIEWED and modified, I am not in a position to guarantee these sessions do not contain 'material from mc Larren' but they have DEFFINATELY changed the tone.

Sam xox

Zathura

Postby Zathura » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:43 pm

the tone was bad in the old days

but it's the content that is worse and they may have changed the tone but it's the same content?

I'm going to post some Mc LAREN long quotes. Real pearls of wisdom.

It's gonna take some time but they are so unwise they have to be posted badly.

I'D LIKE TO HEAR FROM THE GIRLS WHAT THEY ARE TAUGHT ABOUT ALL THESE ISSUES.

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:47 pm

I ASSURE YOU THE GIRLS ARE COMING! one is in Liberia on Mercy Ships and the others I have emailed!

Calm, and the fruits of life will be forthcoming!

ps: Any organization goes through development; Mc Larren was a particular hard nut! As is Courtney! that man makes me cringe! He totally up the wall! IN fact I'd wish he'd get off the wall as the poor frescos in the artist's gallery at Waterperry is looking more like a last ditched attempt from you local Greek restaurant!

Zathura

Postby Zathura » Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:18 pm

Courtney's cool. Just don't take him seriously and he doesn't take himself seriously and he's a gas.
He's one of the friendliest and goofy people I know under all the hot and bother. He likes cheese.

Alban

Postby Alban » Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:07 pm

Zathura wrote:...When I was your age I thought I was cool independent thinking and cool about women not being subserviant at all. i've always been a romantic. However I began to notice when I hit twenty five that much as I'd always rejected the S.E.S view of women in truth it was still an imprint, a blue print just below the surface that I was fighting against to hold the normal rational views I had always claimed to have...

That is exactly the experience that I have...and I think you'll agree, it really does take a lot of effort to completely purge one's system of it.

Zathura wrote:...The only thing is everyone in the girls school in the S.E.S claims to be independent and willfull minded my mum included, so why have the doctrine if everybody thinks it is wrong and are happy to be willfull. Maybe underneath everything everyone believes it?

A good point indeed. Some people will term this brainwashing, although that does conjure up an image of old Boris Karlov films. The point is, that despite what they say, they cannot tear themselves away from the belief. If someone you respect tells you something enough times, you start to believe it. Everyone is suceptible to this, but children are the path of least resistance.

Zathura wrote:..Courtney said the reason that women should obey men is that this was part of the Absolute's laws when he created the creation.

So, there you are...all their arguments boil down to something that they tell you is true. There is no rational or logical argument for it. When you come to start to question your own beliefs, you keep coming back to this same stumbling block.

1) Who knows "the Absolute"
2) Why is The Absolute a "He"
3) Who wrote down the laws
4) If someone was in touch with the bod who "created the creation" (!?!) then don't you think they would've discussed more important things than who should obey who?

Lets face it...it really is a load of cock and bull isn't it.

Alban

daska

Postby daska » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:18 pm

It seems to be a common experience - I was certainly considered 'wilful'!

Problem is I wasn't actually being who I would now call 'Me', I was just desperately unhappy with the 'Me' the schools wanted me to be.

Sad that it's taken best part of 40 years to find out who 'Me' is

:-(

Zathura

Postby Zathura » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:34 pm

Agreed on all points. Alban. Funny thing this is real TRUTH isn't it.

Lets take the idea of marraige.

I'm not against the idea of being careful emotionally how one enters and goes about relationships. I think this a natural and compassionate stance to have

I don't mind the insistance by the S.E.S on marraige if I can reinterpret this as a stable healthy commited relationship that maybe in the course of time does indeed lead to an emotional and certificated marraige. But they turn all these I think relatively natural urges, the wish for commitment, loyalty, dare I use even the word devotion, into dogma and by the time it actually gets acted upon natural flow has dissappeared.

Many of the ideals in the S.E.S are based on good initial impulses that get f...ed up by scripted idealism almost immediately coming into replace the natural urge. Then the conversation happens in a world of scripted idealism instead of life actually being intelligently managed for what it is instead of what it should be.

whitedevil

Postby whitedevil » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:49 pm

Zathura,

Benjamin Zephaniah?

ask me some penetrating questions.I'm in the mood
freedom wears your scars of desire

Return to “Miscellaneous”