has the world cup made everyone quiet?

A place for discussions that don't fit elsewhere.
bonsai

Postby bonsai » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:21 am

a different guest wrote:Can't go for the poms can I ;)

I can't believe it! There were a few of us poms cheering for Oz. Not that we need Australia getting a big head about yet another sport.

bonsai

a different guest

Postby a different guest » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:27 am

There were a few of us poms cheering for Oz

Thanks Bonsai :)

Not that we need Australia getting a big head about yet another sport.

Personally I'd happily trade the cricket for the soccer :)
Relatives with long-term involvement in the SES / SOP/ SoEP

Goblinboy

Postby Goblinboy » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:46 am

bonsai wrote:I can't believe it! There were a few of us poms cheering for Oz. Not that we need Australia getting a big head about yet another sport.

bonsai

I can't believe it either (particuarly that you'd cheer for Oz :D ). We were headed for a clash with England in the final (obviously), and the national hubris when we beat you would have been unbearable.

mgormez

Postby mgormez » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:04 am

Blah.. I have de-pimped my house, removed the orange paper stuff from the stair and have a hangover of how the Dutch were knocked out. Referee Ivanov Valentin was no star either. He should have been pressured to feign an injury and the 2nd part of the match be given to a proper referee who could have controlled the match better.

I guess who's really happy besides the Portugues is SOS Children's Villages as the FIFA gives them 3000 euro for every card drawn by a referee - said a Dutch SOS director - which has to be paid by the clubs as a penalty. So something good came out of it after all with 16 yellow and 4 red cards.
Mike Gormez

Return to “Miscellaneous”