Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

A place for discussions that don't fit elsewhere.
a different guest

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Postby a different guest » Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:18 am

Tis Christmas Eve here and the kids are too excited to sleep.

And whilst us aussies are off on our summer holidays I wish all forum members a safe and joyous festive season.
Relatives with long-term involvement in the SES / SOP/ SoEP

Free Thinker

Postby Free Thinker » Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:12 am

Thanks, ADG!

I'm celebrating what a friend calls Festivus - neither here nor there in terms of religion but a time of friends and family, cleaning of the house, good cooking, and movies on the couch with a blanket!

Goblinboy

Postby Goblinboy » Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:45 am

Thanks ADG - and to you and yours, and all posters and readers, regardless of their beliefs.

a different guest

Postby a different guest » Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:27 am

Goblinboy wrote:Thanks ADG - and to you and yours, and all posters and readers, regardless of their beliefs.

GB - I think the nice thing about Christmas is that many people all over the world, regardless of their religion/beliefs still celebrate it as a time for giving and family and friends and the chance to put up bright, gaudy decorations.

There was an article in the paper here about Christmas around the world, with stories of buddhists and muslims and athiests and all sorts of people still having "Chrissy". Committed Christians may be sad at the secularisation of Christmas, but there is also a plus side. Surely if more and more diverse peoples decide to celebrate Christmas, this will bring us all closer together?
Relatives with long-term involvement in the SES / SOP/ SoEP

Return to “Miscellaneous”