Justice and his relevance

A place for discussions that don't fit elsewhere.
Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:26 am

Hiya all,

"Justice!" my dear friend, could you please remind me, and all those reading this, of your involvement with the SOP/SES and carefully 'justify' the weighting with which you make all your statements.....cheers :D
Some said the World was flat, but how wrong they were!
Happy easter! :B-fly:
Sam xxx
(a very happy post St James Student :D)
thats old now, like me, only 4 weeks to go!!!!!
"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education"

Justice

Postby Justice » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:42 pm

Sam Hyde wrote:

"Justice!" my dear friend, could you please remind me, and all those reading this, of your involvement with the SOP/SES and carefully 'justify' the weighting with which you make all your statements

Sam, you may recall that some while ago I was being constantly pressured (bullied?) to reveal my identity and/or connection with the SOP/SES by various SES militants including you.

Some people have learnt to their cost, especially parents who have or had children at St. James, that to reveal their identity can lead to intimidating"visits" being made to their home addresses by SES memebrs.

P.S. Whilst I sincerely hope that you have at least one "dear friend" I am sorry to inform you that I am not one of them.

ConcernedMum

Postby ConcernedMum » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:26 pm

Just want to state that i find the personalised nature of this post quite distasteful and not in the spirit of the open debate and attempts to grapple with the good, bad and indifferent of the effects of the SES in the world that I have experienced here. I am genuinely shocked by it, by all means engage, but why make so personalised a posting? I didn't realise we had to prove our "SES" credentials to have an opinion. Oh yes, we mightn't really "understand" - that old cult-phrasebook favourite! Is that your point or what is your point, Sam?

Free Thinker

Postby Free Thinker » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:09 pm

I'm no Sam Hyde fan (sorry!) but I share his sentiment about this issue. Every single other poster here has introduced him/herself with a brief description of their background with the SES, whether lengthy or brief. A simple "I have a friend who is a member" or "I was once in one of the children's schools" would suffice - without going into any other detail. Yet, Justice! has not done that, but continues to start many threads. It seems to me that he/she is simply anti-cult, which is fine, I am certainly anti-cult. And yet, if I were to post on a website that was a forum to discuss a specific one, I'd have something particular to discuss about that cult, rather than just general anti-cult info.

ETA: I don't think that anyone should be forced to reveal personal information if that person does not want to, and as a public forum, Justice has every right to post here as long as he adhere's to the rules of the board.

However, as I've said before, this board discusses topics of a very personal and intense nature, and I, personally, don't want to discuss those topics unless I know the background of the person I'm talking with.

Justice

Post subject: Justice and his relevance

Postby Justice » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:43 pm

Free Thinker said:
ETA: I don't think that anyone should be forced to reveal personal information if that person does not want to, and as a public forum, Justice has every right to post here as long as he adhere's to the rules of the board.

I agree!

Return to “Miscellaneous”