Coming to terms with stupidity

Discussion of the SES' satellite schools in Australia and New Zealand.
Jo-Anne Morgan

Re: Coming to terms with stupidity

Postby Jo-Anne Morgan » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:44 am

Ella.M.C. wrote:I wonder if you ever left .. would they still be your 'good friends'
I seriously doubt it!

Quite, these people are not your friends. They are 'seekers' and happen to attend the same 'spiritual' organisation as you. That is your common bond. Your presence also validates their own choice. In a way it's a bit like timeshare, you're all buying into the dream together. Give up your timeshare and where does that leave theirs? That little bit devalued. Your common bond has disappeared. They will embrace the next occupant of that timeshare apartment.

I suspect that Nina Mavro hasn't changed. She's merely adapted, like bacteria threatened with extinction by antibiotics.

sydneykatieking

Postby sydneykatieking » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:11 pm

Jo-Anne Morgan wrote:I suspect that Nina Mavro hasn't changed. She's merely adapted, like bacteria threatened with extinction by antibiotics.

This is one of the very best things I've ever read on this forum. Very apt and wise. Thank you for expressing yourself this way about the parasitic Nina Mavro.
Sydney SOP survivor 1969-1980, proud contributor to the expose, Secret Cult.

Ella.M.C.

Postby Ella.M.C. » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:47 am

I agree with you sydneykatieking ..

Jo-Anne that is such a great post, really spot on ..thank you.

"Your presence also validates their own choice"

I find this true in my own experience, whenever I saw things that were not right, had doubts etc,
I would look to my peers and think .. well they are not concerned it must be just me ..my ego,
something for me to overcome.
I am trying to say here that the presence of many good people in school is what gave it
'validation', as ... surely they could not all be wrong.
A reason to put up with rubbish, because if you wanted 'The Truth' you had to accept
'what goes with it' as well.
And maybe we were all doing that, and in doing so, playing our part in Nina Mavro's dream.

In the old guard, it was an unwritten but known law that you do not communicate
with those that have left.
When I left the 'friday group' I wrote letters to all my group members, I did not phone them, for
fear of sounding negative if I went into details. (I had been in dire trouble for that before!)
I had one phone call from one of my group who was friendly and wished me the best but
obviously was uncomfortable.
After over 20 years with these people that you have spent so much time with, including many
week residentials .. people whom you felt you knew so well ..it certainly was an eye opener.
Not that I blame them, it is the manipulations of NM.
I was told some years back by NM not to contact an ex student friend who had just lost her mother,
not even to send a card. I was told if she calls you to tell you herself, just say you are sorry of
her loss, and not to prolong the conversation.

Possibly today students like enlightened that have had much less exposure to the Mavros,
and more with student tutors, would not feel this way if a friend left.

enlightened

Postby enlightened » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:39 pm

Thts interesting Ella MC, because recently a student who went to live overseas was involved in a bad car accident and Mrs M organised a card signed by all students to be sent to her and encouraged students to contact her.Maybe the fact that all these students who she thought were devoted to her and have now left in droves has made her reflect on her behaviour in the past, and this has been a catalyst for change.Surely she would have to accept some kind of responsiblity. I get on with her but I would never get too familiar, I wanted her to know at the outset that I was not going to be manipulated by her and I still keep my distance.But I can see how she does have "favourite" students who she seems to spend time with socially, unfortunately these types seem very weak and cant say No....

Ella.M.C.

Postby Ella.M.C. » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:10 am

Yes enlightened, no doubt a 'catalyst for change' .. and most likely because she
has no choice or lose her school.
And possibly she even does realise some of her mistakes ...
This is a big maybe though!

The student who went to live overseas and had the car accident was probably someone
who did not threaten her empire at all.
The student that I was speaking of knew 'the secret' of the mantra and HH .. how we are all welcome etc.
So this student was a threat to her survival, that is based on control and having something that is not
accessible to all.

enlightened

Postby enlightened » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:47 am

I have already lost "friends"...people i really liked left and i never heard from them again....There was one in particular who when I first joined "pursued" me and asked me to lunch ,which we did on a regular basis and all she spoke about was the school, she was so gung ho. We got very close and the all of a sudden she up and left, and I never heard from her again. I suppose that when someone leaves with a grudge against the school and you are still a part of it , its difficult to maintain the friendship because they may feel as if you are betraying them by still being a part of it....

Return to “The Australian and NZ schools”