Sydney School for Self Knowledge

Discussion of the SES' satellite schools in Australia and New Zealand.
ManOnTheStreet

Re: Sydney School for Self Knowledge

Postby ManOnTheStreet » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:41 am

It seems Dr. Alan has 'un-deleted' his posts above. It makes the thread easier to read and understand, so thank you for that.

There's just too much in the post to deal with, moreover I've written responses to most of the points in previous posts, so I won't go into it now.

MOTS

Gerasene Demon

Postby Gerasene Demon » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:06 am

Dr Alan said,

You can analyse etc. as much as you like this post - comment ,comment, comment, - But it will all be for you to read - not me .

Ignorant, egomaniacal, tosser.

StillatSES

Postby StillatSES » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:53 pm

Hi GD,

the way you signed off your last post as, "Ignorant, egomaniacal, tosser." reminds me of a Mullah Nasrudin story I once read.

I think it goes something like this.

A philosopher, having made an appointment to have a dispute with Nasrudin, called and found him away from home. Infuriated, he picked up a piece of chalk and wrote "stupid oaf" on Nasrudin's gate.

As soon as Nasrudin arrive back and saw this, he rushed to the philosopher's house.

"I had forgotten", he said, "that you were to call. And I apologise for not having been at home. Of course I remembered the appointment as soon as I saw that you had left your name on my door."

Post - post note:- It would seem from GD's comments following this post but on the "Nothing wrong with SES" stream, that it is OK for GD to call people names, but no-one else is allowed to call GD names. He did not get the message that I believe his behaviour on this forum is downright rude and despicable. After so many years not being able to solve his mental problem - points to a very weak minded person. Who's problem is the weak state of his own mind - rather than anything which happened to him in the past.
Last edited by StillatSES on Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gerasene Demon

Postby Gerasene Demon » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:49 pm

One to beam up Mr MacLaren.

nick

Postby nick » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:09 am

Hello all

Just a kind followup to you all who were going to provide evidence via audio. It has been over 2 years now and you have not provided this although you promised this to all students. This displays your integrity and character flaws although it has been already proved by your activities post leaving the SFSK.

Ella.M.C.

Postby Ella.M.C. » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:31 am

Hello Nick,

First of all it has not .. "been over 2 years now".
The trip to India was last August, not even a year ago.

But rightly so it has taken a long while to have the audio link done.
And the audio is at the moment with the person who is preparing the relevant parts,
and the link. It should be done very soon.

nick wrote: This displays your integrity and character flaws although it has been already proved by your activities post leaving the SFSK.

This is a very strange statement, integrity to me was informing our peers of what was
directly said to us by HH.
People who we have known for over 20 years.
I believe that they had a right to know the truth.

They know, but I will remind you that any Sydney student or Canberra student can contact any of us
to hear the tape personally.
A part reason too for the delay in the audio is simply that it appears the students
left in the school have no interest in hearing the truth.

For whatever reason they choose to stay asleep .. and that is perfectly fine.
This says a lot about the spirituality of the school ..

nick

Postby nick » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:29 am

The trip to India was last August, not even a year ago.

Incorrect, the people whom are worth hearing from went to india the year before.

But rightly so it has taken a long while to have the audio link done.
And the audio is at the moment with the person who is preparing the relevant parts,
and the link. It should be done very soon.

Lets wait, wait and wait even more.

This is a very strange statement, integrity to me was informing our peers of what was
directly said to us by HH.
People who we have known for over 20 years.
I believe that they had a right to know the truth.

Incorrect. Integrity is being true to your word not 20 years later but immediately, now. Which surely you, were not for 20 yrs. Then just woke and up started accusing people of wrong doings. Tutors have taught for many years speaking rubbish and now stating all the material is copied, blaming the mantrum etc. It is clearer now that there was an ulterior motive. Just prior to them leaving Mrs Mavros Will and who was going to look after the school after her death was communicated. Coincidentally, all the money/power seekers seem to have exited. That is not integrity. Leaving the students without a word or indirect words. that is not integrity. Not speaking to ex students, That is not integrity.

They know, but I will remind you that any Sydney student or Canberra student can contact any of us
to hear the tape personally.

We are not wanting to hear from students but senior tutors who's words may be worth a few cents more. They can contact us. They are people of integrity of course. Ask the senior tutors what there ex students are doing now. They have no idea. They spoke all these spiritual concepts but don't have seemed to have practices an ounce of it.

A part reason too for the delay in the audio is simply that it appears the students
left in the school have no interest in hearing the truth.

I'm sure they don't. Make up your excuses. You make no sense. You know why there is a delay. Stop with all this rubbish and finish what you started.

For whatever reason they choose to stay asleep .. and that is perfectly fine.
This says a lot about the spirituality of the school ..

Actually, this says a lot about the spirituality of you.

Tootsie

Postby Tootsie » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:47 am

There does not seem to be much love in the SFSK. What have people been doing for the past 20 years?

ManOnTheStreet

Postby ManOnTheStreet » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:21 am

Hi Nick,

1. Audio file

As you know, I agree with you when you say there has been an interminable wait on that audio file. Just one question though - let's say you heard the audio and we turned out to be right about the mantram etc. Would you change your mind about Mrs Mavro and the School?

2. Integrity

nick wrote:Integrity is being true to your word not 20 years later but immediately, now. Which surely you, were not for 20 yrs. Then just woke and up started accusing people of wrong doings. Tutors have taught for many years speaking rubbish and now stating all the material is copied, blaming the mantrum etc.

This is a bit disjointed (you also seem to have missed out some words) - I'm not sure exactly what you want to say here.

nick wrote:It is clearer now that there was an ulterior motive. Just prior to them leaving Mrs Mavros Will and who was going to look after the school after her death was communicated. Coincidentally, all the money/power seekers seem to have exited. That is not integrity. Leaving the students without a word or indirect words. that is not integrity. Not speaking to ex students, That is not integrity.

Firstly, you seem to have fallen into the correlation/causation trap here. The fact that two events follow each other does not mean they are causally related. E.g. "More and more young people are attending high schools and colleges today than ever before. Yet there is more juvenile delinquency and more alienation among the young. This makes it clear that these young people are being corrupted by their education." While it may seem that these two events are causally related, there is in fact no reason to think so. There are many reasons why juvenile delinquency might be on the rise other than 'corrupting education'. The same principle applies here. Even if it was the case that some details of Mrs Mavro's will were communicated to some people, it certainly does not follow that this communication caused the exodus of over half the School.

Secondly, I know of no such communication. Mr and Mrs Mavro never revealed the details of their will to me, and I certainly didn't leave because I wasn't getting something to which I thought I was entitled. This story about the will seems to have sprung up rather conveniently as a way to slander us as selfish and greedy. The real question is, does it really make sense? Would it really make sense for all these people to leave (and guarantee themselves no power at all), instead of just staying on and manoeuvring themselves to the top once Mrs Mavro was gone? None of these people have set up rival organisations or acquired for themselves 'followers' etc. in the same way that Mr and Mrs Mavro did. If power was what they wanted, then they've all done an extremely poor job of acquiring it for themselves. If we were as good at deceiving people and lying as you seem to suggest, there would have been little need for us to leave the School in order to do that. You might well disagree with what we think of Mrs Mavro, but it's just unreasonable to think we're trying to deceive you in order to satisfy some vaguely defined 'agenda'. Your point (or rather, Mrs Mavro's point) just doesn't make any sense once you think about it a little bit.

Thirdly, students were talked to. A meeting was convened and the whole senior part of the School was invited. Not everyone turned up, but most did. I don't know what you mean by "not speaking to ex-students" - we have certainly spoken to 'ex-students' (after all, we are ex-students...) If you actually meant "not speaking not current students" then you are again incorrect. Efforts have been made in that respect also, but you can imagine the kind of response we usually get. Some have been open to hearing what we have to say, and most of those have eventually left the School as well. The other thing is that we don't think people should be coerced into leaving. They should make up their own minds. All we do is present them with the facts and we don't push them either way.

nick wrote:Ask the senior tutors what there ex students are doing now. They have no idea.

How on earth do you know what the senior tutors know or don't know about their ex-students? If you're going to make claims like that you really should back them up with something other than rhetoric.

nick wrote:We are not wanting to hear from students but senior tutors who's words may be worth a few cents more.

Those are exactly the people Ella is talking about. Why don't you just contact them and find out for yourself? What do you have to lose?

MOTS

Middle Way

Postby Middle Way » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:16 am

Hello MOTS

In the highly likely event that Nick does not answer your excellent question:
ManOnTheStreet wrote:1. Audio file

As you know, I agree with you when you say there has been an interminable wait on that audio file. Just one question though - let's say you heard the audio and we turned out to be right about the mantram etc. Would you change your mind about Mrs Mavro and the School?
I will answer as if I was Nick.

Nick:"Hello MOTS, and thanks for the question.

Here's my answer: Absolutely not! There is a very big difference between hearing an audio and this "proving" you turned out to be "right"". When it finally gets posted, (which I sincerely doubt given it's taken so long already, as you yourself have repeatedly admitted) we presumably will get an audio which you will claim to be HH actually speaking, plus an English translation.

You will have to prove that the audio really is HH's voice, (it could be anyone with an Indian accent), and that the translation is actually of his speech, and not made up by you accusers.

With your long history of deception and delay (and your desire to destroy SFSK out of anger, or bitterness, or envy or missing out on Mrs Mavro's inheritance), I strongly expect that if you ever do put up something, it will be false for all the above reasons. Therefore we will most certainly not be changing our opinion of SFSK or Mrs Mavro. In fact quite the reverse. It will only enhance our regard and affection for Mrs Mavro.

Nick (speaking on behalf of many others)"

MW: I wonder if there is any way to refute these arguments? And if there isn't, it would still be powerful to put the audio up, having now pointed out we know that they will refuse to accept it, and we know how they will attack it, but it’s up there for anyone to challenge because we know it is completely valid and the challengers will need valid reasons to attack it.

Ella.M.C.

Postby Ella.M.C. » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:42 pm

Thanks MOTS & Middle Way ..

Middle Way
In the very likely event that MOTS will answer your excellent reply ..
I will jump in first ..
Now to prove the audio is genuine ..will be very simple!

As it was taped only last year ..
(Note to Nick ..less than one year ago!!! but yes Nick senior tutors were there the year before ..
but last August is the crucial time and what this is all about)

All one has to do is google Chaturmaas 2012 and there is audio and video footage of HH to compare
his voice to our audio .. there is no mistake.
Same year, same time, same voice .. no doubt!
When you sit at the feet of a Holy Man as we did and hear his answers ... you have no doubt.

Hello Tootsie,
Tootsie wrote:There does not seem to be much love in the SFSK. What have people been doing for the past 20 years?

HH told students some years ago exactly what you are saying here ..that there is no love in SFSK.
I can see it to be true, superficially it seems there is ..but alas it is illusion.

morrigan

Postby morrigan » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:28 am

And a good thing to say in India to someone or to many, is "Namuste" with hand together to those spoken to...

sydneykatieking

Postby sydneykatieking » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:02 pm

That beautiful gesture expresses respect for the other person, an acknowledgement of the Self within. It shows modesty and humbleness of character. I can't image Nina Mavro genuinely thus opening her heart to her students, or anyone, except she wanted something from them: such as money.
Sydney SOP survivor 1969-1980, proud contributor to the expose, Secret Cult.

enlightened

Postby enlightened » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:52 am

I beleive that "Krishna" translated the material....I suggest you all refer to the post I started and read some of the garbage he's writing,in my opinion he doesnt have much crediblity .

sydneykatieking

Postby sydneykatieking » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:29 pm

My best advice for anyone attracted to a Mavro sham-school is this:

Beware of Greeks bearing gifts.

They will present you with the beautiful promise of the 'only path to enlightenment,' but inside this gift is a subtle toxic contagion designed to destroy adult autonomy, which will take over your life.

At best, you will just waste your life; at worst, it will corrupt your will to a degree that you will be afraid to think for yourself.

Consider the source: the Mavros never had any Authority, no True Lineage, no Spiritual Head, other than their own egos to guide them. The good people of Australia deserve better than the Mavros.

Cheers!
Sydney SOP survivor 1969-1980, proud contributor to the expose, Secret Cult.

Return to “The Australian and NZ schools”