Shocked

Discussion of the SES' satellite schools in Australia and New Zealand.
Shy

Shocked

Postby Shy » Sun May 27, 2012 2:46 am

I am a fairly new member of the John Colet School community in Sydney and have just stumbled upon this forum.
I recently learned that the primary school has a dress code where female staff must wear skirts of a modest length.
I was appalled by this and have been trying to grasp some kind of understanding since.
I have been told the SOPP does not adhere to the old dress code anymore and females are able to wear trousers, is this true? and if so why would they still have this in place at a primary school where some new staff are not even accociated with the SOPP. Does anyone know if this is even legal?

Having read many other discussions posted here I am both heart broken for those who have been severely hurt by the SES and SOP, yet inspired by their strength, confidence and courage to speak up.

What do I do next?

woodgreen

Re: Shocked

Postby woodgreen » Sun May 27, 2012 6:28 pm

Hi Shy, welcome, my only advice to you would be to leave the John Colet School. Sorry if this does not quite fit the bill, but as you know from this forum, it is bad news. I speak as an adult with regrets : " If I had known what I know now, I would never have walked into the SES ( in Manchester, England).But they are very clever in disguising what they are all about. But there is no excuse for what they peddle: negative about anything that gets in their way : women, skirts, tv,imperfection, god, jesus, puja, the gita,etc. etc. e.g anything for their control.I recall they were even poo -pooing their Indian friends. My mind and my happiness would still be intact if hindsight had been with me that day.So don't risk your mind, happiness, family, and love, Shy. Leave now if you can. Good luck,

xxx
woodgreen.
Ex-SES Member. (Member for 3 years in late nineties).

bonsai

Postby bonsai » Sun May 27, 2012 7:44 pm

Hi Shy,

And welcome to our forum. I guess most people come onto the forum because they have niggles or questions about the organisation that don't sit well and find us here when looking for answers.

You say you have joined the John Colet School community, but what does that mean and what is your role there? Are you in the SOP?

I wouldn't go so far as to say just leave, as this is a choice that you have to make for yourself. And one thing from my time in St James and the SES is I hate people telling me what they think is the right thing for me to be doing. The SES/SOP has a view on everything and are not shy in telling people.

I would agree thoroughly with woodgreen though that the SES/SOP are an organisation that is deceptive about how it presents itself. It tries to maintain a respectable and innocuous facade that isn't really quite what it seems to be. Whether this is simply so that it appeals to ordinary people it wishes to persuade to join or something more sly and sinister is particularly hard to judge objectively but I am certainly of the opinion that it is more deceptive than it would claim it was.

I don't know whether the dress code of John Colet School is illegal or not and you'd have to ask someone who was familiar with Australian law on that one but if you are uncomfortable about it and unhappy with any explanation you have been given about it then I suspect that is more telling about how you feel about the organisation or not rather than whether it is following the law to the letter or not.

Welcome again and thank you for having the courage too to participate here and speak out about the things you feel are not right.

Bonsai

Blissfully Sleeping

Postby Blissfully Sleeping » Mon May 28, 2012 1:33 am

Hi Shy,
You have stumbled on a very Inconvenient Truth!
Are you a new Teacher/Admin staff or a Parent?
Advice will depend on where you sit....

actuallythere

Postby actuallythere » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:20 pm

Shy,

You asked us for guidance about what to do now. In my view, the best thing you can do at this stage is read, read, read. That means read this whole forum from beginning to end, then read all the videos and books we've recommended each other in various posts (many the books are intended for people associated with spiritual groups). Then come to your own conclusions.

Best luck.

Return to “The Australian and NZ schools”