Sydney School for Self Knowledge - 2

Discussion of the SES' satellite schools in Australia and New Zealand.
Leonie

Sydney School for Self Knowledge - 2

Postby Leonie » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:38 am

Daffy - you have got to be kidding?!

Locking the thread because someone made a flippant comment about a 'catfight'???!!! Have you read the information that has been put up on the other SSSK thread recently, mainly by SKK?

Well I just want to thank SKK for all the effort she is going to providing information, which must be very emotional for her.

I may not be contributing much here anymore but I am keeping myself informed - and I am sure there are others doing the same.

With best wishes, Leonie

Jo-Anne Morgan

Re: Sydney School for Self Knowledge - 2

Postby Jo-Anne Morgan » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:58 am

Yeah, there've been loads of heated exchanges on these threads over the years, recently between Dr.Alan and MOTS, none of those got locked. Surely we're not into the old misogynistic territory that it's so much more 'ugly' when women fight?!!

Admittedly enlightened almost immediately lowers the tone of any debate but that's a different thing.

Ella.M.C.

Postby Ella.M.C. » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:05 am

Thank you Leonie, for posting ..

I totally agree with all you said, and Jo-Anne ..
Yes many a heated argument we have witnessed with no locking of the thread.

sydneykatieking has indeed bought many issues in regard to SFSK to light, and I can relate to, or see
something in every point she has bought forward, as I had been in SFSK since its inception in Sydney in 1990,
and stayed for over 20 years.
As this time period is later than when sydneykatieking was with Michael and Nina Mavro, the same things
are relevant, even if some ideas have been toned down, (otherwise there would be no students left).
It is very interesting to see this 'blueprint' that seems to be the gospel of how they feel the school should be run.

It is just unfortunate that enlightened who is a current student, cannot seem to answer questions or put forward any reasonable response or argument to what is posted here. It does not help to resort to insults as a response, it is frustrating to us all.

Daffy

Postby Daffy » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:31 am

I said I was resting the thread for the weekend - not indefinitely.

You will recall just a month ago this thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=853 where several members agreed I wasn't getting involved early enough with the result that the flame wars were deterring other people from contributing to discussions.

This is why I'm reluctant to intervene - some people think I should take action earlier, some people think I have no right to curtail the conversation.

You only have to look at the last half dozen posts of the thread I temporarily locked to see where it was going - the exchange between enlightened and sydneykatieking with both of them trying to have the last word: "naughty little girl", "bitter old woman" etc etc.

If the consensus of users is that we should let this kind of discussion run its natural course, I'm happy to oblige - as I've said repeatedly previously, I only get involved if I think the discussion is damaging the forum and people's willingness to join in.

Ella.M.C.

Postby Ella.M.C. » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:03 am

Yes I can well see your point, and the position you are in Daffy,
understood and thank you.

ManOnTheStreet

Postby ManOnTheStreet » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:56 pm

Just a bump for Daffy: perhaps you could reopen the original SFSK thread?

Daffy

Postby Daffy » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:05 pm

Sorry - done.

Return to “The Australian and NZ schools”