what do you hope to achieve?

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
st james pupil

what do you hope to achieve?

Postby st james pupil » Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:57 am

[the person who posted this asked me to post an edited version. I checked the IP address of the posting and email and they appear the same -- mike]


I have just come across this forum. I have read a fair amount of the posts
made by various people and it has been a very interesting experience to read
and take in all these hostile reactions towards the St James schools and the
S.E.S.

I will not attempt to deny what many of you have experienced nor the views
you are taking towards what st james from your past experiences within it, i
have no reason nor any right to.
However there are a number of things i do take strong objection to, firstly
the fact you are attempting to drag down the reputation of the entire,
current St James organisation.
The many claims of past physical abuse by various teachers such as Mr
Debenham and Mr Barber,

'His leadership oversaw pain and suffering. Perhaps in his retirement
he will now realise from reading this and other accounts that his method did
not work. In fact he caused suffering.'


We were taken out by Mr. Barber and Mr. Southwell to a gravelled
area, and made to do press-ups on our bare fists until they bled, and then
we had to continue doing them on the base of the palms until they too bled.
These sadistic "sports-masters"


I cannot comment on whether these accounts have truth in them for the simple
reason i was not there.
I have however, personally met and talked to Mr Debenham and Mr Barber, both
of whom i feel are very decent and honourable. I do not stand alone in this
view of mine, the many students who have gotten to know them, both like and
have a lot of respect for them.

I am truly sorry and you have my heart felt sympathy if any of the
injustices you've mentioned are as you have put across in your posts.

You've told and expressed your experience of St James education and you are
free to hold what ever views you want towards the teachers you had, the
whole St James education, as well as the S.E.S. And as harsh as this may
sound all of that is history, it is time to move on, there are many other
things which require attention and what some of you are doing are totally
counterproductive as i will explain later on.

The current St James education of what I have experienced of it and from
what i gather from other students of St James, is nothing, absolutely
nothing like what has been described in a number of the posts on this forum.
The teachers in St James are some of the friendliest and caring I've met in
my school career thus far.

I feel the ethos of the school is good, we are taught to serve each other
during lunch, to accept each other, not to cause pain to others, bullying is
dealt with most severely in the school. St James tries to provide a good
working environment and most importantly it holds a person's character above
all else.


As Mr Boddy has said there will be an independant investigation into all of
these alleged abuses and i hope that the result will be fair and
constructive. On behalf of all the pupils of St James schools however I
would like ask for there not to be anymore hostile comments towards St
James. But rather for anyone who wishes to make their feelings known, to
talk to the governers of the school, one of the headmasters or go through
the independant investigation.

By making these comments in public and the idea to 'shame them'
is something I strongly object to.
Every time they had an even we could let parents of current and
potential pupils know the shameful heritage of abuse. We could even leaflets
parents collecting their children from the school....


By dragging down St Jame's reputation you are also affecting the current
students within it. Some are happy with what St James has offered them and
have been brought up in St james from the junior school. How do you think
they would feel if suddenly all they've made St James out to be as, is all
thrown into doubt by these comments?

Just say all the ugly comments about the St James organisation were an
entirely accurate description of St James 20 or 30 years ago, something
which is still to be investigated by an independant inquiry.
By dragging up the past in public you are going to ruin the ethos of the
school and any good feelings pupils have for it. Its going to be hard for
pupils now and in the future to be proud of a school if it is surrounded by
hostile comments about its history. The St James schools now should be seen
for what they are; good schools that provide a sound education which targets
not only the academic or sporty side of a person but the character inside.
They should not have their reputation tainted by hostile comments laced with
hostility and personal opinions that have arisen from events that have long
past.

By all means share your personal experiences with St James, good or bad, and
im sure there would be a lot of sympathy for what you say. However plainly
hostile comments and comments which are designed to 'get their own back' at
the St James organisation are incredibly selfish and shallow.

One last point,

seems to me the current students couldn't give a rat's arse for the
experiences of past students. Maybe "empathy" isn't part of the SES
credo?


No I don't think you really have come across the term stereotyping have you?
I'm curious how many current St James students have you talked to? Or were
you refering to little children who are still only interested in running
around jumping on each other?

Thankyou for your time and patience if you've read this far.

guest

Postby guest » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:56 am

Firstly, congratulations for trying to do Boddy's dirty work for him so well. Or, if you are actually Boddy himself, welcome! ;-)

You neglect to cover the fact that Lacey and some of the others from the old days still teach at St James. Therefore, the current St James is endorsing the abuse of the past.

The headmaster Boddy was part of the SES/St James PR initiative to cover up/spin away the revelations of abuse at St James that were revealed in the book Secret Cult in the 1980s.

So your attempts to distance the current administration from the past are futile and flawed. (Actually, I'm guessing you're not Boddy. He is brighter than that.)

In any case, for all your pretences you actually inadvertently give away your real attitude to the abuses of the past. You say you have read our accounts of the child abuse inflicted by and overseen by Debenham. Yet you call him an 'honourable man'.

Next.

User avatar
adrasteia
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:55 am

Re: what do you hope to achieve?

Postby adrasteia » Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:55 pm

st james pupil wrote:As harsh as this may sound all of that is history.

Not sure that this entirely deems it irrelivant to the present however. It is the history of the school -or that which is remembered- has created the current reputation of the schools.
As said above some teacher involved in past still teach in the schools, creating another link.
The organisation -Ses- that created the situation which enabled the physical abuse to take place also has continued influence on the school, so I believe there are still ways for Ses policies -which change as the mind of those at its head- to have a bad effect on it.

st james pupil wrote:...On behalf of all the pupils of St James schools...

You sure?!

st james pupil wrote:By dragging down St Jame's reputation you are also affecting the current students within it. Some are happy with what St James has offered them and have been brought up in St james from the junior school. How do you think they would feel if suddenly all they've made St James out to be as, is all thrown into doubt by these comments?

Well some of them might prefer the truth -it might explain quite a few things!
But I'm sure that no-one here wants to cause any damage the present-day pupils of St. James.

st james pupil wrote:Its going to be hard for pupils now and in the future to be proud of a school if it is surrounded by hostile comments about its history....
They should not have their reputation tainted by hostile comments laced with hostility and personal opinions that have arisen from events that have long past.

Should pupils be proud of the real history of St. James? Or is it better for them to be proud of a false version which highlights the vervent desire of the founders to do good and none of the resulting effects?
Btw some people's hostile comments are not from the 'long past' of 15-20 years ago!

Guest

Re: what do you hope to achieve?

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:28 pm

Agree with all of he above.

adrasteia wrote:Btw some people's hostile comments are not from the 'long past' of 15-20 years ago!


I have read and analysed every single posting on these boards and have arrived at the conclusion that the only truly 'hostile comments' have been emanating from just one particular individual.

guest

Postby guest » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:44 pm

I don't know who you are referring to as there are several people named and unnamed on here who could be construed as 'hostile'.

I can only speak for myself. I mean no harm whatsoever to the current school as long as they deal correctly with the teachers from the bad old days who still teach there. I've read no posts here to suggest anyone else feels any different.

Antises

Postby Antises » Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:22 pm

Firstly, I express my disapproval of the comment made by the first guest in this thread:

Firstly, congratulations for trying to do Boddy's dirty work for him so well. Or, if you are actually Boddy himself, welcome! ;-)


You are in no position to challenge the identity of the post's author since you yourself choose to remain anonymous, and it appears you are the one littering these boards with the sole intention of creating hostility. Such flagrant remarks help neither your cause, whatever that may be, nor your credibility.

Secondly, I express my agreement with most of what the current St James pupil has said. St James has changed. If you don't believe it, visit the place and talk to the pupils there. There are still people who contribute to these boards with the purpose of bring down St James at all costs. The SES, apart from many strange practices (meditation, Sanskrit, etc), has little or no effect on the pupils who attend St James every day, unless of course a pupil's parents are members of the SES. Many of the pupils who join the SES do so only for the opportunity to teach abroad, and openly oppose the views of the SES without reprimand. This freedom of speech ensures brainwashing or mental torture is not possible. Physically, the pupils cannot be harmed; whether this is due to the law or not is impossible to ascertain and probably irrelevant.

The one point on which I disagree with the current pupil is that it is important not to "ruin any good feelings pupils have for the school." This is not the reason why the current St James should be observed in a different light to the past St James. It is because the current St James offers a completely different environment to that of the St James in previous years. The few teachers who remain from the previous era are many times outnumbered by new staff with varying backgrounds and views. At least one of the users of this forum feel revenge is justified due to the abuse they suffered at St James; this, however, has the negative effect of postponing any move towards reconciliation or closure. Revenge and threats against a different school is in no way justifiable.

These are my personal views, not propaganda. And no, guest, I'm not Mr. Boddy.

Alban
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:23 am
Location: London

Re: what do you hope to achieve?

Postby Alban » Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:58 am

st james pupil wrote:However there are a number of things i do take strong objection to, firstly
the fact you are attempting to drag down the reputation of the entire,
current St James organisation.


Actually, that has never been an aim of the vast majority of the posters here. If the facts that we have posted have had a negative effect on the reputation of the current St James, then it is only because they have not distanced themselves from the past, and are as-such endorsing past behaviour.

st james pupil wrote:...And as harsh as this may sound all of that is history, it is time to move on,


stiff-upper-lip and all that?

As you have no experience of it, then maybe you should keep your judgements on others' emotional state to yourself.

st james pupil wrote:there are many other things which require attention


like what?

st james pupil wrote:and what some of you are doing are totally counterproductive as i will explain later on.


counterproductive to what?

st james pupil wrote:The teachers in St James are some of the friendliest and caring I've met in my school career thus far.


I'm not disagreeing with you, but have you performed extensive research into a large number of schools, or are you basing your comments on a highly subjective few?

st james pupil wrote:...not to cause pain to others, bullying is dealt with most severely in the school


Oh, the irony

st james pupil wrote:On behalf of all the pupils of St James schools however I would like ask for there not to be anymore hostile comments towards St James. But rather for anyone who wishes to make their feelings known, to talk to the governers of the school, one of the headmasters or go through the independant investigation.


It is only through forums like this that there has been the public recognition by the govenors that they've finally got to do something about it.

I'm affraid you can't just turn off people's emotions (much though that was always an aim of the SES), if people have an axe to grind then it is their right to do it. If these "hostile" comments were not true, then you can rest assured there would have been swift legal action to halt the libel.

Similarly, there has been no request that the Schools stop promoting themselves, so it is totally unfair to expect us to stop sharing our experiences with whomever will listen.

st james pupil wrote:By all means share your personal experiences with St James, good or bad, and im sure there would be a lot of sympathy for what you say.


Actually that is not the experience we have had. Apart from the few members of staff that have subsequently responded to the postings on this board, the general reaction to past enquiries and complaints has been denial, stonewalling and a general attempt to brush the whole affair under the carpet. It is for that reason that this part of the board came about.

I can understand your discomfort at being associated with a school that has the sort of history that St James and St Vedast have, but please do not let it cloud your judgement. Despite the overwhelmingly negative feelings towards the whole regime, most of us are trying to stick to the facts and actually achieve something.

User avatar
a different guest
Posts: 620
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:13 am
Location: Australia

Postby a different guest » Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:50 am

. And as harsh as this may
sound all of that is history, it is time to move on


and like I said "st James pupil" the current pupils certainly don't seem to give a rat's arse about past abuses.

Despite disagreeing with my post your own post SUPPORTS my argument.

Thanks mate! :D

Guest

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:56 pm

Me suggesting you to move on does not mean i don't give a rat's arse about what you've been through mate! So think before you speak yea?

Guest

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:04 pm

hi all,

Firstly, congratulations for trying to do Boddy's dirty work for him so well. Or, if you are actually Boddy himself, welcome! ;-)


AHAHHAHAHA, thats a good joke! I'm Mr Boddy in disguise... i expect you are an adult right? One of the most not thought through and ridiculous ideas I've heard in a while. I must thank you for making my day. ;) now then, to address what some of you have brought up.

You neglect to cover the fact that Lacey and some of the others from the old days still teach at St James. Therefore, the current St James is endorsing the abuse of the past.


Mr Lacey is doing a good job at the current St James thank you very much. From some of the postings i've read... there's suggestion that he may be a 'threat' to the current pupils of St James, I just want to say this is a ridiculous proposal.

I've said before I can only say what i have seen personally, and from my four years or so at St James I do not believe Mr Lacey is a so called 'threat'.
I cannot argue what he was like when some of the students of the earlier St James had him as a teacher. But since I've known him and till this present moment, the idea of Mr Lacy being a threat to any child has never even crossed my mind.

Also that was when? I don?t suppose from what you?ve said that you believe in giving people a second chance, nor do you think that people are capable of changing

I don?t like being misunderstood, but I?ve been misunderstood many times, it appears all but one of the people who posted a reply, misunderstood me nearly completely. =(

I'm affraid you can't just turn off people's emotions

with all due respect, I never asked you turn off your emotions, all i said was to stop living in the past. Emotions should always be present in a human being but to letting it control your life is another matter.

We all come across distressing things in life and we all need to deal with them, you want unfairness? How about the relatives of the people who were executed by terrorists or 'freedom fighters' if you would call them that. That man who got his head cut off alive, how do you think his family felt when they watched that video?

If they are doing what you are doing then they won't ever be happy or live a proper life again. That is an extreme case i know, but the principles are the same, if you couldnt get your own back on the people who hurt you, then wouldn't you let it go and get on with your life?

I'm not even asking you to do that, you are getting what you wanted, an independant investigation. I was just questioning when will it be enough?
The way I see it is how much you let something hurt you is how much you will be hurt by it. Pain dies after a day or a few days, damaged pride can take a month to heal, and if you let it get to you, the mental damage could last years. You could let it go and you'll slowly heal, the longer you're letting this drag on, the longer for you to heal mentally. Personally I feel its mostly down to you, of course im not saying that anyone who did abuse you physically was in the right, im just saying you're hurting yourself many times more than they could have ever hoped to achieve.

As you have no experience of it, then maybe you should keep your judgements on others' emotional state to yourself.


Now this is just plain unfair. I wish PEOPLE would stop making assumptions and also read properly what others have written. How do you know I've had no experience of it? What is 'it'? If 'it' is suffering physical abuse, the mental fear of violence and insults, the sickness of the way my childhood was living itself out, and the pure want to get away from all of it and crawl away with what little scraps of what remained of self confidence and dignity... Well if so then i can say i've had my share.

So in answer to that, I could only let it go and get on with my life, it would be a part of me and the feelings will always be there. At first raw and fresh in my mind, the mere mention of it would be like rubbing salt in a wound, but slowly and constantly time would be covering it up, now its still painful when im reminded of it by certain things, but much less so. Perhaps in a few years i wont remember much except for the fact it was an unpleasant part of my life.

stiff-upper-lip and all that?


No, my upper lip is well thank you?why do you ask? Sounds like maybe you have had that condition before? sounds very uncomfortable.


st james pupil wrote:

...On behalf of all the pupils of St James schools...



You sure?!


No I?m not sure. I don?t think I was thinking very clearly when I wrote that.

I am the parent of a boy who is currently at St James School for Boys. My son is a bright young lad with a lively enquiring mind. Just recently, he had been discussing with some school friends the relationship between the SES and the school and in an effort to get a better understanding of it he came home and did some 'googling' on the SES and found this
messageboard. He was very, very distressed, disturbed, angry and shocked by the allegations made against his teachers, past and present.




I ASSUMED that a lot of pupils would feel the same way when their school was the target of unfair hostility, which shouldn?t have even been directed at the current St James. If St James was as bad as it has been made out to be, then the hostility should be directed at the St James of 20 or 30 years past, not the current one.

So yea, sorry, my mistake entirely, you will have to go and ask the rest of St James? students whether they feel these hostile comments are justified and useful.

counterproductive to what?


Well with all respect, if you had read what I had written carefully then you would see that I had answered that point later on. Please if you would, re-read what I had written in my first post.

Guest

please READ

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:05 pm

hi all,

Firstly, congratulations for trying to do Boddy's dirty work for him so well. Or, if you are actually Boddy himself, welcome! ;-)


AHAHHAHAHA, thats a good joke! I'm Mr Boddy in disguise... i expect you are an adult right? One of the most not thought through and ridiculous ideas I've heard in a while. I must thank you for making my day. ;) now then, to address what some of you have brought up.

You neglect to cover the fact that Lacey and some of the others from the old days still teach at St James. Therefore, the current St James is endorsing the abuse of the past.


Mr Lacey is doing a good job at the current St James thank you very much. From some of the postings i've read... there's suggestion that he may be a 'threat' to the current pupils of St James, I just want to say this is a ridiculous proposal.

I've said before I can only say what i have seen personally, and from my four years or so at St James I do not believe Mr Lacey is a so called 'threat'.
I cannot argue what he was like when some of the students of the earlier St James had him as a teacher. But since I've known him and till this present moment, the idea of Mr Lacy being a threat to any child has never even crossed my mind.

Also that was when? I don?t suppose from what you?ve said that you believe in giving people a second chance, nor do you think that people are capable of changing

I don?t like being misunderstood, but I?ve been misunderstood many times, it appears all but one of the people who posted a reply, misunderstood me nearly completely. =(

I'm affraid you can't just turn off people's emotions

with all due respect, I never asked you turn off your emotions, all i said was to stop living in the past. Emotions should always be present in a human being but to letting it control your life is another matter.

We all come across distressing things in life and we all need to deal with them, you want unfairness? How about the relatives of the people who were executed by terrorists or 'freedom fighters' if you would call them that. That man who got his head cut off alive, how do you think his family felt when they watched that video?

If they are doing what you are doing then they won't ever be happy or live a proper life again. That is an extreme case i know, but the principles are the same, if you couldnt get your own back on the people who hurt you, then wouldn't you let it go and get on with your life?

I'm not even asking you to do that, you are getting what you wanted, an independant investigation. I was just questioning when will it be enough?
The way I see it is how much you let something hurt you is how much you will be hurt by it. Pain dies after a day or a few days, damaged pride can take a month to heal, and if you let it get to you, the mental damage could last years. You could let it go and you'll slowly heal, the longer you're letting this drag on, the longer for you to heal mentally. Personally I feel its mostly down to you, of course im not saying that anyone who did abuse you physically was in the right, im just saying you're hurting yourself many times more than they could have ever hoped to achieve.

As you have no experience of it, then maybe you should keep your judgements on others' emotional state to yourself.


Now this is just plain unfair. I wish PEOPLE would stop making assumptions and also read properly what others have written. How do you know I've had no experience of it? What is 'it'? If 'it' is suffering physical abuse, the mental fear of violence and insults, the sickness of the way my childhood was living itself out, and the pure want to get away from all of it and crawl away with what little scraps of what remained of self confidence and dignity... Well if so then i can say i've had my share.

So in answer to that, I could only let it go and get on with my life, it would be a part of me and the feelings will always be there. At first raw and fresh in my mind, the mere mention of it would be like rubbing salt in a wound, but slowly and constantly time would be covering it up, now its still painful when im reminded of it by certain things, but much less so. Perhaps in a few years i wont remember much except for the fact it was an unpleasant part of my life.

stiff-upper-lip and all that?


No, my upper lip is well thank you?why do you ask? Sounds like maybe you have had that condition before? sounds very uncomfortable.


st james pupil wrote:

...On behalf of all the pupils of St James schools...



You sure?!


No I?m not sure. I don?t think I was thinking very clearly when I wrote that.

I am the parent of a boy who is currently at St James School for Boys. My son is a bright young lad with a lively enquiring mind. Just recently, he had been discussing with some school friends the relationship between the SES and the school and in an effort to get a better understanding of it he came home and did some 'googling' on the SES and found this
messageboard. He was very, very distressed, disturbed, angry and shocked by the allegations made against his teachers, past and present.




I ASSUMED that a lot of pupils would feel the same way when their school was the target of unfair hostility, which shouldn?t have even been directed at the current St James. If St James was as bad as it has been made out to be, then the hostility should be directed at the St James of 20 or 30 years past, not the current one.

So yea, sorry, my mistake entirely, you will have to go and ask the rest of St James? students whether they feel these hostile comments are justified and useful.

counterproductive to what?


Well with all respect, if you had read what I had written carefully then you would see that I had answered that point later on. Please if you would, re-read what I had written in my first post.

st james pupil

further replies

Postby st james pupil » Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:19 pm

Actually, that has never been an aim of the vast majority of the posters here. If the facts that we have posted have had a negative effect on the reputation of the current St James, then it is only because they have not distanced themselves from the past, and are as-such endorsing past behaviour

Oh the IRONY!!! Yes now this is what I call irony.. you say that its because St James hasn?t distanced itself from the past and yet you say

st james pupil wrote:

...not to cause pain to others, bullying is dealt with most severely in the school


Oh, the irony

You really do seem to be letting St James distance itself from the past? How would it be ironical if the St James now is in no way linked from the St James of 20 years ago?

Similarly, there has been no request that the Schools stop promoting themselves, so it is totally unfair to expect us to stop sharing our experiences with whomever will listen.

No?. that?s different, schools promoting themselves have no ill effects on anyone else, what your doing however is having ill effects on others.

The one point on which I disagree with the current pupil is that it is important not to "ruin any good feelings pupils have for the school." This is not the reason why the current St James should be observed in a different light to the past St James. It is because the current St James offers a completely different environment to that of the St James in previous years.

Firstly thank you for your support. Your very right to say that the current St James no matter what outcome of this investigation has nothing to do with the old St James/St Verdast. They are two entirely different environments. However many of the posters here do not seem to recognize that, they are going not going to make it clear to the pupils and members of the public the fact that these schools are two different entities.

Lastly,

st james pupil wrote:

The teachers in St James are some of the friendliest and caring I've met in my school career thus far.


I'm not disagreeing with you, but have you performed extensive research into a large number of schools, or are you basing your comments on a highly subjective few?

The important thing in what I said was in MY SCHOOL CAREER THUS FAR. I don?t see where you coming from when you ask have I performed extensive research into a large number of schools?

st james pupil

further replies

Postby st james pupil » Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:20 pm

Actually, that has never been an aim of the vast majority of the posters here. If the facts that we have posted have had a negative effect on the reputation of the current St James, then it is only because they have not distanced themselves from the past, and are as-such endorsing past behaviour


Oh the IRONY!!! Yes now this is what I call irony.. you say that its because St James hasn?t distanced itself from the past and yet you say

st james pupil wrote:

...not to cause pain to others, bullying is dealt with most severely in the school



Oh, the irony


You really do seem to be letting St James distance itself from the past? How would it be ironical if the St James now is in no way linked from the St James of 20 years ago?

Similarly, there has been no request that the Schools stop promoting themselves, so it is totally unfair to expect us to stop sharing our experiences with whomever will listen.

No?. that?s different, schools promoting themselves have no ill effects on anyone else, what your doing however is having ill effects on others.

The one point on which I disagree with the current pupil is that it is important not to "ruin any good feelings pupils have for the school." This is not the reason why the current St James should be observed in a different light to the past St James. It is because the current St James offers a completely different environment to that of the St James in previous years.

Firstly thank you for your support. Your very right to say that the current St James no matter what outcome of this investigation has nothing to do with the old St James/St Verdast. They are two entirely different environments. However many of the posters here do not seem to recognize that, they are going not going to make it clear to the pupils and members of the public the fact that these schools are two different entities.

Lastly,

st james pupil wrote:

The teachers in St James are some of the friendliest and caring I've met in my school career thus far.


I'm not disagreeing with you, but have you performed extensive research into a large number of schools, or are you basing your comments on a highly subjective few?

The important thing in what I said was in MY SCHOOL CAREER THUS FAR. I don?t see where you coming from when you ask have I performed extensive research into a large number of schools?

st james pupil

further replies revised

Postby st james pupil » Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:23 pm

Quote:
Actually, that has never been an aim of the vast majority of the posters here. If the facts that we have posted have had a negative effect on the reputation of the current St James, then it is only because they have not distanced themselves from the past, and are as-such endorsing past behaviour


Oh the IRONY!!! Yes now this is what I call irony.. you say that its because St James hasn?t distanced itself from the past and yet you say

st james pupil wrote:

...not to cause pain to others, bullying is dealt with most severely in the school



Oh, the irony


You really do seem to be letting St James distance itself from the past? How would it be ironical if the St James now is in no way linked from the St James of 20 years ago?

Similarly, there has been no request that the Schools stop promoting themselves, so it is totally unfair to expect us to stop sharing our experiences with whomever will listen.


No?. that?s different, schools promoting themselves have no ill effects on anyone else, what your doing however is having ill effects on others.

The one point on which I disagree with the current pupil is that it is important not to "ruin any good feelings pupils have for the school." This is not the reason why the current St James should be observed in a different light to the past St James. It is because the current St James offers a completely different environment to that of the St James in previous years.


Firstly thank you for your support. Your very right to say that the current St James no matter what outcome of this investigation has nothing to do with the old St James/St Verdast. They are two entirely different environments. However many of the posters here do not seem to recognize that, they are going not going to make it clear to the pupils and members of the public the fact that these schools are two different entities.

Lastly,

st james pupil wrote:

The teachers in St James are some of the friendliest and caring I've met in my school career thus far.


I'm not disagreeing with you, but have you performed extensive research into a large number of schools, or are you basing your comments on a highly subjective few?


The important thing in what I said was in MY SCHOOL CAREER THUS FAR. I don?t see where you coming from when you ask have I performed extensive research into a large number of schools?

User avatar
a different guest
Posts: 620
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:13 am
Location: Australia

Postby a different guest » Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:34 am

Anonymous wrote:Me suggesting you to move on does not mean i don't give a rat's arse about what you've been through mate! So think before you speak yea?


except the "rat's arse" quote was in the context of current student's having no empathy for past students - something yours posts CONTINUE to prove.


Return to “St James and St Vedast”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest