Letter from Cathy Watson

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
Sandra

Letter from Cathy Watson

Postby Sandra » Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:20 pm

For complete transparancy's purpose I feel the need to report a response I got from Cathy Watson. I wrote another v. friendly letter to Bernard Saunders, one of the deeper/the deepest guy in the S.E.S and I got a reply back on the day that the St James staff found my email from Cathy not Bernards wife, who I sent the email to.
Was a bit weird to say the least. I offered to Bernard the opportunity to modernise the S.E.S art course. There was absolutely no pressure. Just a suggestion. Somehow Cathy seems to be using that situation to serve her own paranoid purposes. A bit sad really.

What I wrote back in the email to her is displayed below
I DON'T WANT TO SPEAK FOR EVERYONE ELSE!
TO BE HONEST I JUST WANTED TO SAY MY PEICE AND BE OUT OF THERE.
However I feel a tad responsible for the leaving parent and feel now I'm involved I'll stay involved.
To the leaving parent:
Remember these are just MY views.
Other people support St James strongly.
Just because I wrote the above stretch of patter doesn't mean it's universally true.
Infact even I myself would call it TRUE LIES. There is a problem with all the above issues.
And to address it I spoke VERY STRONGLY. However in the day to day running of things there is a lot of love running around in St James, probably more than at other schools.

This is a run of the exchange with Cathy Watson. Bernard is the art tutor.
Nice guy.

A lot of people in the S.E.S are nice.
It's not as bad as people make out
It's just the ideas are askew and bread Frankinsteins like me.

Marching/protesting I think it fair to give them at least three years to change. (perhaps 5) All this is really out of the blue for them. They don't know where they are. They've been steadily progressing through good changes already for the last 15 years. So give them a chance.

Dear Matthew:

Thank you very much for your interesting letter. I have noted the proposals. You ought to understand that next term we have three new students from Australia arriving and, therefore, our work will be entirely devoted to integrating them into the course. Until that has taken place, there is no possibility of even considering your proposal, but in any case I would need to talk to you about it sometime because I am not certain that this is in the best interests of the students.

With best wishes.

Bernard Saunders

P.S
It seemed rather strange recieving a reply from a letter I sent to someone else from you, please explain? I don't think that the letter I wrote to Bernard invalidates the text I planted on the internet. Both are suggesting change in different contexts about school run organizations. It's just I have a lot of love for St Oswalds, and not much for St James. I liked Debenham that's why I came to the celebration ( that was rather thin on any old boys from my generation) However the older I get the more I realise what a hinderance so much of it was. I don't believe everything as vehemently as it might sound on the site, But don't underestimate us! We do believe what we are saying has some truth if not a lot of truth in it and we want change. The St James education I got was unnacceptable and I feel a great urge to fight this cause because of humanitarian principles not because of revenge.I just think it's time the issues I raise are dealt with. And pleasant talking is not going to resolve them. Hence a certain amount of swearing seemed appropriate. What I wrote was not filth. But infact a wake up call to clean up the filth at St James.
'Banners...etc' That will become a reality in three years. That's a lot of time to consider these issues. If we think you are doing well but haven't quite sorted out all the options we may extend the political activist activity to five years. THAT'S A LOT OF TIME!!
There's no need to get too worried!!
We just want to see changes.
Also I wouldn't take part in any activity unless there were enough signatures from old puplis to validate the activity. Really! I wouldn't march just on my own views! Who knows you might have loads of fans out there.

( I'll print the relevent bit of this letter on the website)

Sandra

Postby Sandra » Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:57 pm

Once again I have been a complete moron!
The Kathy Watson that emailed me was Bernard Saunders' secretary a very nice woman.
The Kathy Watson I thought it was is not the paranoid banana I thought she was. Sorry.
Kathy at St James. You from all reports are the St James feminist, gay activist and moderniser. From you above all people I would have expected a more reasonable response from other than pure 'filth'
This is the reaction you apparantly had.
Read between the lines. I support St James. I just want it to modernise.

Return to “St James and St Vedast”