'MY IRRATIONAL RANTINGS ARE UNDOUBTEDLY CHILDLIKE' really?

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
st james pupil

'MY IRRATIONAL RANTINGS ARE UNDOUBTEDLY CHILDLIKE' really?

Postby st james pupil » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:19 pm

In response to StJ79-93, who posted a most interesting reply to 'what do you hope to achieve?'

the St James Pupil posting on this thread is evidently very angry and exceptionally naive to be making such vague assumptions and believing that he is representing the current St James in a good light.

He is evidently not an adult (as has been speculated) because his irrational rantings are undoubtedly childlike. I would guess he is at GCSE level of education.

Im angry and exceptionaly naive?...right.... evidence for that? I mean you can judge what a person is like just from a few postings on a webpage? my you are good....ever considered going into politics?

I make vague assumptions....care to expand on that?
i made one or two assumptions and i stated clearly they were assumptions...they were however not vague by any means.

my 'irrational rantings are undoubtedly childlike' and you would guess I am at GCSE level of education? personally i think you're the irrational one and rantings? Again i find myself asking you for evidence...

I must say i expected some decent insights from people, not posts at the level of this one.... one repeatedly makes no decent input but instead claims that all St James pupils have no empathy soley based on the fact i said that people should try and move on IN MY OPINION. And lastly we have the poster who accused me of being MR BODDY in DISGUISE!!

It seems no one bothers to read my posts carefully, people keep on making points which i had clearly explained in my post, sometimes they COMPLETELY miss the POINT, for example

st james pupil wrote:

...not to cause pain to others, bullying is dealt with most severely in the school

Oh, the irony

You really do seem to be letting St James distance itself from the past? How would it be ironical if the St James now is in no way linked from the St James of 20 years ago?

alban wrote in reply:

The irony is that "bullying is dealt with most severly" is in complete contrast with the bullying of the children by the teachers.

In fact the poster i was answering to had written about how St James hadnt distanced itself from the past and then followed on to comment about how ironical it was that bullying was dealt most severely in the current St James.
i was merely raising the point how could St James distance itself from the past if people didnt let it?

If he WAS allowing St James to distance itself from the past then he wouldnt have made the point about how ironical it was that the current St James deals with bullying severely and the previous bullying of St James pupils by teachers.

Anyway i think its quite sad that the majority of the people here are so firmly against St James. Anything pro-St James posted here is attempted to be torn apart. I dont think there is any point in answering anymore of the replies here, and i think IT IS WELL AND TRULY SAD people are willing to be swayed by some of the anti St James opinions on this website. I.E. the parent who has decided to withdraw his/her child from St James.

Goblinboy

Postby Goblinboy » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:41 pm

Yes. Really.

Suggest you let some time pass, then re-read your posts carefully. They are a litany of assumptions and unsubstantiated judgements. They do you no credit, and if your school has played any part in influencing your behaviour, no credit to your school.

A little more self awareness, empathy and less emotional attachment to the issues is warranted.

BTW, agree with you about the poster who accused you of being the Head of St James in disguise - that particular voice shares a similar tendency to make unsubstantiated judgements and respond unnecessarily aggressively.

Misty

Re: 'MY IRRATIONAL RANTINGS ARE UNDOUBTEDLY CHILDLIKE' reall

Postby Misty » Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:14 pm

Wow. I thought this day would never come.

Last year I was stuggling by myself to hold up the good reputation of St James, that this site and its comments were so eagerly trying to ruin. And... having failed to try and get my class to come on this site too, I gave up also.

I would also like to say that your age is totally irrelevant, so politely nudge of the "GCSE school kid" comments that are flying at you. Its only a tactful way of trying to make you and what you say less important, which is a ridiculous method to try and shoot out the opposition.

Anything pro-St James posted here is attempted to be torn apart.

U are most certainly right. For instance it took them a few months to realise that the current St James is very muct different to the ST Vedast they once used to attend.

However you must realise that St James is a place which is so different that it does not suit everyone. I saw that those who joined the school, found it hard to adjust. I also saw, the different values people hold according to the way people were brought up in different schools and homes.

I've met people who went to schools where u had to make your mark with attitude to survive in such an envoriment. I thought that I would not be able to cope with the changes after leaving St james, but its almost the opposite.

Compared to the people Ive met in the past 3 months, Ive realised that the friendship and generousity that is present in the St James today is something that really should be taken account of, as its something that i've definately learnt to acknowledge lovingly.

Those who know about St James will understand exactly what type of friendship and generousity I am refering to, as it is quite unique in its own way, something which is rare, and u would be lucky to find in another other school, workplace or university.

The past is flooding back turning me into an emotional wreck, however I have tried my upmost to make it as less cheesy as possible.

mulquem

speechless

Postby mulquem » Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:11 am

anti_ses

Postby anti_ses » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:01 am

The title of this message board, "General discussion on SES," is misleading. Judging from the gist of this forum from its inception, surely it should bear the title "General campaign against SES."

anti_ses

Postby anti_ses » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:08 am

Goblinboy wrote:A little more self awareness, empathy and less emotional attachment to the issues is warranted.

These are exactly the deficiencies found in the treatment of those who make pro-St James posts. Especially the "less emotional attachment" part. Yes, you all suffered, but that shouldn't obstruct acceptance that St James has changed, and changed radically. The experiences of current St James pupils are quite relevant to this discussion.

Snowman

Postby Snowman » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:42 am

anti_ses wrote:Yes, you all suffered, but that shouldn't obstruct acceptance that St James has changed, and changed radically. The experiences of current St James pupils are quite relevant to this discussion.

St James may have changed radically - although I'm not convinced of this claim yet - but the fact remains that there are some very serious allegations against the school. Not only regarding discipline practices and policy up to the late 1990's but also regarding the "philosophical" justification for such policies and practices. These need to be addressed appropriately and it is clear that the inquiry proposed by the headmaster and the governors is not being structured to investigate the 'whole story'.

A carefully selected set of parameters have been defined to minimise damage to the school's reputation and to deliberately ignore the crucial links between SES influence on CURRENT St James schools. In my opinion the most damaging and long lasting influence on pupils.

I would welcome the opinions of current pupils particularly if they can reveal how and which aspects of the philosophy they are taught has influenced their thinking and benefitted them. I am sure that in terms of physical discipline at the schools today there is less 'violence' and that is a great step towards a better school.

Goblinboy

Postby Goblinboy » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:26 am

anti_ses wrote:
Goblinboy wrote:A little more self awareness, empathy and less emotional attachment to the issues is warranted.

These are exactly the deficiencies found in the treatment of those who make pro-St James posts.

Please don't quote me out of context Anti-SES. A quick review of your own posts indicates that you may benefit from the same advice.

And to test your generalisation, have a look at Chris DeVere's recent post, acknowledging good and bad things about the schools, as a number of concerned contributers have done. It's not a black and white world.

a different guest

Postby a different guest » Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:08 am

Has the school changed that much??? I too have read the posts of current students and come away from them in no doubt the posters have a marked lacking in the important human trait of empathy.

I'm with Goblinboy on this on when he says

They do you no credit, and if your school has played any part in influencing your behaviour, no credit to your school.

no credit to the school indeed.

Return to “St James and St Vedast”