Topic for all NON SES Parents. Current and Past

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
wilfred

Topic for all NON SES Parents. Current and Past

Postby wilfred » Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:09 pm

I would like to get a better idea of the number of Parents who enrolled their child at a St James school without being informed of the links to the SES.

If you are a past ,or current parent , Iwould like to hear your views and comments on this, how you feel now that you have found out and if you think the school is providing a balanced education. What are your thoughts about keeping your child at the school.

If you were a past parent who withdrew a child, how were you treated by the school?.

If you could please register as a new member and give yourself a unique identifier, rather than just "guest" or "concerned parent", that way I can get a measure of numbers.

If you prefer send me a private message
Last edited by wilfred on Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

sparks

Postby sparks » Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:14 am

Wilfred, you wrote on 12th December on another thread?

wilfred wrote: It was telling to read that "Library facilities and the provision of information and communication technology (ICT) and audio-visual resources are unsatisfactory. In some respects, lack of resources inhibits pupils? growth as independent learners.".

Could this be seen as an intentional strategy?

Wilfred

You might be interested in this article from the Guardian education in January this year.

http://education.guardian.co.uk/elearni ... 77,00.html

wilfred

Postby wilfred » Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:45 pm

Has anyone noticed that the SES have removed the link from their website to St James.

Was I imagining it, but I am sure there was a link there until recently?

Why would they feel ther need to do this now?

adrasteia

Postby adrasteia » Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:20 pm

Yup, they definately had a link there before, think I refered to it in a post quite a while back which would confirm it.
Curiouser and curiouser....

mike_w

Postby mike_w » Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:43 pm

Still there from where I'm looking???...

http://www.schooleconomicscience.org/ne ... cation.htm

adrasteia

Postby adrasteia » Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:59 pm

Yes, that's the one!

wilfred

Postby wilfred » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:40 pm

I would very much like to get in contact with current or past parents of St James students who were not aware of the SES's involvement with the school until receiving the recent letter from Mr Boddy.

There must be readers of this site that can help with this. I would be interested in hearing concerned non SES parents views and on sharing thoughts about the situation.

If they could PM me and if possible leave an e mail we could then discuss off line

Thanks Wilfred

JAMBREKES

Postby JAMBREKES » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:41 pm

Hi Wilfred
We knew nothing of the SES and quite the impact it had in most of our dealings/enquiries with St james, most importantly our child. We were puzzled why not only our SES friends and the teachers keep this involvement under wraps. By reading these postings, we now realise why.

Upon discovering the SES involvement and thinking that perhaps we had missed something I found myself asking the non long skirt clad mothers if they were members of the SES. There was a complete surprised response. (This was a group of mainly Class one mums) Some (most) knew nothing of the SES. Some even asked whether I meant the SAS?!! So the cover-up still goes on. Some friends as a result of finding this out and reading these postings have withdrawn their children from the waiting list and are immensely relieved!!!!!!!!

grimep

Postby grimep » Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:35 pm

I find it incredible that there are so many parents with no idea what they are letting their kids in for, and thanks for writing Jambrekes.

If this message board didn't exist one would surmise that - as there is nothing else like it - people would continue to enrol their children oblivious to the fact that they will be fed the beliefs of the SES, a religious cult, under the guise of spiritual development.

The SES should either become completely transparent about what is taught at St James (which would require them to publish teacher's notes and materials for at least Part 1 of the adult SES course for prospective parents to examine), or remove their doctrine from the curriculum. Any other situation is untruthful and misleading. Can't see that happening myself. Perhaps its the sort of story that 30 Minutes or even Watchdog for example could do a documentary on.

wilfred

Postby wilfred » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:24 pm

Thanks Jambrekes.

Due to the lack of replies to my requests for parents in the same boat as me, I was begining to think that I was the only one in the boat. I was glad to get your PM

If you know other parents in the same boat who don't wear long skirts, please encourage them to register and visit the site. It is important thet they register so we can communicate and keep in touch.

I am looking to form a small group of about 10 parents who would like to combine forces to make sure that this does not happen to others, and to get the school to make amends for their clear lack of transparency.

When I found out I immediately withdrew my child.
Wilfred

wilfred

Postby wilfred » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:06 pm

Jambreks,
I am getting your PMs but my pms to you are stuck in my out box. Some sort of system problem I guess. Do you have an anon e mail we can communicate through. If so pls pm it to me and I will send you mine. W

mgormez

Postby mgormez » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:34 am

wilfred wrote:Jambreks,
I am getting your PMs but my pms to you are stuck in my out box. Some sort of system problem I guess. Do you have an anon e mail we can communicate through. If so pls pm it to me and I will send you mine. W

wilfred, I also got your email but I think can answer here. The PMs in your out-box should after delivery have been transferred to your sent-box. If you are sure it was delivered then you can delete them manually.

Perhaps there was a glitch but there's no new system problem I am aware of.

A different method is to use the 'email' button. That one will bring up a form and the email will be sent to the person's address with which s/he registered. This form is used to prevent email address harvesting by robots and also to leave the prson you e-mail, the option to remain anon. Unless they decide to respond to you back of course.

Best,
Mike Gormez

Daffy

Postby Daffy » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:08 am

mgormez wrote:The PMs in your out-box should after delivery have been transferred to your sent-box.

Actually, according to the phpBB userguide, when a PM is still in your Outbox it means the recipient hasn't checked their inbox yet:

"4.3.3: The Outbox

When you send a PM, the message goes to your Outbox. It remains in the Outbox until the recipient visits his/her Inbox, at which point it is moved from your Outbox to their Inbox. While the message remains in your Outbox you may edit or delete your post if you like. The message remains in your control until it is received." (http://www.phpbb.com/support/guide)

JAMBREKES

Non SES parents

Postby JAMBREKES » Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:13 pm

As the inquiry gets closer it is apparent there are many people who feel an injustice of whatever kind has been commited by St James. I think it appropriate for all the issues to be put on the table. The abuse is obviously unacceptable and for that what will be the appropriate healer/words of peace/gestures of genuine regret? Let's see how that is managed. It seems that there is no confidence here.

On the non SES parents side in the first place there is clearly a case of misleading/misselling the St James package. There have to be some words of apology. It is not acceptable for a parent making a decision to register with St James not to be in possession of all the facts .

There are those who got out in time. They have their stories and those who are still there experiencing the St James brand of "philosophy/training". What will be their stories in the fullness of time? As mentioned on an earlier posting many new parents currently are totally unaware of the SES link and for them it may well be the emotional time bomb ticking away before their child reveals what is happening. Indeed they may start to observe changes in their child(ren) and put it down to growing up. These people deserve to know the facts before unwittingly submitting their children to a regimen that would probably horrify most of them should they find out the real truth

Alban

Postby Alban » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:00 pm

You're right Jambrekes, but the problem is spotting it.

I think the most dangerous thing about the situation is that the "truth" that is taught has been finely honed over the years so that it seems quite credible to the unquestioning mind. It is presented as "the way it is" and as school is all about learning, it is what is believed. It is difficult to forget something that is practiced constantly over many years of childhood.

It is only many years after leaving all influences behind, and living in the real world, watching closely, that you start to come to your senses. You slowly replay the things that were taught and realise it was all built on the sands of belief.

Oh, and before you go in there thinking that you can argue reason and sense with them...don't bother. They totally believe their own press (which to a point, clears them of deception). As soon as you come up with anything that challenges their "truth" they just come back with something like:

1) "But you don't know [about] yourself"
2) "If you were in touch with the truth of the situation you'd know what I'm saying is right"
3) "I know there's a deeper voice in you that's agreeing with me, you've just got to listen to it"

etc.

Good luck to all those parents who are going through the difficult decision of whether to remove their seemingly happy children; they've had an extra 20+ years to fine-tune their "truth" since I was there.

Alban

Return to “St James and St Vedast”