SES SCHOOLS ACTION: INQUIRY UPDATE

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
Peter Sanders Reynolds

Postby Peter Sanders Reynolds » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:59 am

Hi Lowpass
I think you slightly missed the implication in my last posting. My feeling is that three quarters of the 1000 or 2000 pupils are actually silently pxssed off by their education and it's effect. I used my friend as an unusual minority example. Most of my friends concede that there was a high level of bullshxt in the education! I was being devils advocate for the minority on this site. If the school thinks it has so many admirers then it should do the mail out. If it then finds out it hasn't got so many admirers it should change on the issues that are not admired. The biggest issue is likely the schools attitude to women

I wasn't at all trying to trivialize your experience of corporal punishment abuse and if you look at all my other posts you will I think guage my vibration

PSR
Last edited by Peter Sanders Reynolds on Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vian

Hello.....

Postby Vian » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:21 pm

Hi. It's me again.....

Sorry to go off the topic a second but i do have to say something......I am a little disappointed in this discussion forum.....I was under the impression that we were not supposed to be judging each other but collecting complaints, sharing experiences and generally gaining (and providing) support and understanding from others who have been through similar traumas as us.........

Well.......It hurts me that i got judged after my post (particularly after i decided to erase a teachers name from it). Such a personal experience is not at all easy to share and painful to do so......i was so happy SES were finally going to pay that i felt i could do it...................However.......i can not go through the same thing that happened to me again........when all the girls offered their support in class and then, when it came down to it, turned their backs on me as if I didnt exist.........I can not and will not get bullied like that again.

I did wait for the particular person to get in contact to explain why he felt that way, but he hasnt........i thought a public message might encourage a response.

I don't mean to sound rude and have a go.....really i dont.....i think u guys are lovely and doing a great thing.........but you are either all in it or u aren't. There can't be rifts. That's how they broke us down in the first place. If my Post caused offence or pple don't care for it being there i will delete it and leave the site. I would just rather know the truth straight out than be part of a community that isn't frank and honest.

Thanks for indulging me guys

~Vian
xxxxxxx
Secret Angel
Hidden light
Borne of darkness
Shining bright

Peter Sanders Reynolds

Don't worry Vian

Postby Peter Sanders Reynolds » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:32 pm

I think you are right Vian and I've just read your first peice and I think you have nothing at all to be ashamed of...I couldn't see who judged you...and can imagine who the teacher was....there is only one teacher who girls complain about stalking the showers. There was only one games teacher. (might be wrong about that)

However the last point is 'my point', we've got to be dead accurate about our phrasing and be careful not to exagerate. That is the only point my 'internal' arguments we're about. But you are right. We must unite more, however you might be taking our internal bickering a little too seriously on the other hand. I have had 'apparent' differences with Snowman and Lowpass but I'm sure they'd agree that we kept it civil with the right sign offs to each other (best, PSR etc) yet it may appear to you that we were ringing each other's throats. No. I don't even think it appears like that. However I think we should be beginning to think about unified strategy. You are right.

Love

PSR

Peter Sanders Reynolds

Postby Peter Sanders Reynolds » Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:58 pm

I would like to draw attention to Matthew Wolf's post a few back on this thread. I think it is a good assessment of the stand off situation we find ourselves in now. I think the 'future' as to future action will reveal itself in terms of what the schools next do and the outcome of the inquiry. Perhaps we have now said all we can to highlight the apparent biased and partial nature of the inquiry. Let's wait for their next move I suppose.
I'm sure something fitting will form itself as a reaction and none of us are going to accept second best so I don't think there is any danger that this campaign will fizzle out and every likely hood that it will get stronger and more commited if the inquiry does indeed reveal itself in the final analysis as well as the first analysis as a farce. If it isn't a farce and a public apology is made and far reaching changes are made within the schools as regard to the teaching of a fixed philosophy, the treatment and education of women in the attitudes of servility, and the general unspoken about link to the S.E.S is severed or at least made very very plain to new parents with and including a precise explanation to incoming parents as to the true and accurate nature of the S.E.S's exact beliefs on women, homosexuality, service, truth etc. And a letter I think is very much needed to current parents who are not in the S.E.S but have children at the St James school as to the EXACT nature of the S.E.S and all it's beliefs as mentioned just now.Beliefs on WOMEN, EXACT BELIEFS PLEASE, beliefs on homosexuality, also on SERVICE and the nature of TRUTH as the S.E.S understand it. (i.e the 'allegience to the guidence of Shantananda Saraswati and Vasudeva as well.) This relationship between the schools core teaching and these people must be fully explained and the fact that most of the teachers treat these two 'Indian sages' as their guru. THIS MUST BE FULLY EXPLAINED TO ALL NON S.E.S parents. And this is quite apart from the inquiry proper. In many ways it is another equally important issue.
If the schools change or at least become completely transparent then there will be no further need for this site. However this WON'T happen unless I am very mistaken. So I think there almost definately will be a next stage personally. To quote Matthew a 'going global'. The Evening Standard and various other papers await I think. They would love to know about this website, quite apart from more official and rigorous forums to which the idea of an enquiry could and probably should be taken
PSR

Shout

Postby Shout » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:23 pm

Last edited by Shout on Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Daffy

Postby Daffy » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:04 pm

Shout wrote:BTW- In case nobody had noticed from his consistently self-obsessed style, and need to listened to, 'Peter Sanders-Reynolds' is Stollar/Sandra.

Yes, you are right - apart from their inimitably similar style, I've just had a look at the secret moderator tools and they confirm 'Matt Stollar', 'Sandra', 'Oneoff' and 'Peter Sanders Reynolds' are all one and the same. You can't fool the moderator tools just by using different usernames!

If you look at his 'Revelations' thread http://www.whyaretheydead.net/phpBB2/vi ... php?p=2439 you will see that he is even managing to have a dialogue with himself:

Peter Sanders Reynolds wrote:Well Matthew,
You finnally seem to have got it together well. A big value pack! Well done. Well presented and for the most part give or take a number of what could be called rather personal takes on certain things very true!

You are to be commended. Your first efforts looked a bleeding mess. But this is magnificent!

PSR

a different guest

Postby a different guest » Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:02 am

'Matt Stollar', 'Sandra', 'Oneoff' and 'Peter Sanders Reynolds' are all one and the same.

Daffy - a fairly universal message board rule is NO multiple IDs.

Don't want to tell you your job but I think you should get your mod stick out :)

mgormez

Postby mgormez » Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:27 am

His IDs have been de-actived and the sock puppet thread of his is closed. His ISP will be contacted and part of the logfiles will enable them to trackback to his phonenumber and deal with him.

By the way, I am not over-ruling Daffy. But we agreed that while I am here I'd take the task on me and when I am away he would. As he is busy as well.

Anyway, gooly, just what we need, more discussion about Stollar :-(
Last edited by mgormez on Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Gormez

Daffy

Postby Daffy » Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:40 am

You just beat me to it, Mike - I will post a clarification about the 'part time' nature of my role in the 'New Moderator SES Group' sticky.

Matt, the regular users of this board are keeping a lookout for you. Please don't try to adopt any further guises as we have clever ways of detecting any further participation on your part. You may spend hours creating your posts but it only takes a few seconds to delete them.

If anyone thinks any new user is in fact Matt, please let Mike or me know.

adrasteia

Postby adrasteia » Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:21 pm

Vian, thankyou for your posts, both past and I hope future. I have greatly appreciated what you have contributed to this site.
In your last post you raise a point that I think is of the utmost importance, but seems not to have been addressed:
Vian wrote:you are either all in it or u aren't. There can't be rifts. That's how they broke us down in the first place.

This site is still a collection of individuals discussing Ses, but more recently the inquiry proposed by St. James School Governors. The only group created being ?SesSchoolsAction? which seem to have done most of their work offline.
As I see it, the deadline for the inquiry is getting very close and there has been no response from either Governors, Head teachers or C Betts to questions about the inquiry or calls for an extension of the Febuary deadline. This probably because they have been expressed online and not ?officially?.

When February 16th has passed, the Governors will be able to say that they did try hold an inquiry, but that they received very few complaints from those people most active on a certain website. This will immediately lower credibility of those writing here.
All they will have received -if people here do not contribute to the inquiry because they are appalled by it?s limitations- is sickening accounts of how wonderful the school is from those ex-pupils who are still in Ses or with very close ties: the greater part of those actively part of the7th Form.

What is the response to the inquiry to be? Unified it must be, and it must get off this site and onto paper.

Snowman

Unanswered questions

Postby Snowman » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:59 am

I am waiting for a response from Mrs Betts to my questions emailed via the address given on the 7th form website. I have yet to receive acknowledgement of or response to these questions despite submitting them 9 days ago.

I will be submitting a complaint to the inquiry only if I am satisfied that the terms, structure and scope of the inquiry are reasonable and will enable a fair and transparent outcome. Thus far I am not convinced. If any governors or their representatives are reading this, please could you acknowledge my email at least and let me know that I can expect an answer to my questions in good time before the 16 Feb deadline specified. I am unclear why a deadline has been stipulated as I can assure you that my complaint will not go away after 16th Feb if it has not been addressed by that date.

My experiences of the SES and St James do not fill me with great confidence that this inquiry, under their control, will be independent and impartial. I know the people involved in the top levels of both St James and SES and have experienced first-hand their ability to manipulate the truth. I know the 7th form committee members and their unflinching support of all SES institutions and I am afraid that I am unable to trust the motives of any of these people - the same people who have devised and specified the terms, scope and structure of the inquiry.

I will make my complaints known privately to the inquiry or to the public in another way. The coice is yours, dear governors.

Please take me seriously and answer my questions - you will find them in the inbox of the email address vedast@vwl.co.uk Thank you

a different guest

Postby a different guest » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:28 am

Thus far I am not convinced. If any governors or their representatives are reading this

Didn't Bettsy state they would not be "trawling" for complaints? On no, you will get no response posting that here, they are not "officially" reading these posts - but I'll bet my sweet bippy they're lurking.

Snowy - send your query again - by certified post (or whatever its called in the UK - you know, the letters they have to SIGN FOR) - and pay a bit extra so you get a return receipt with a signature.

btw speaking of lurking - they have no doubt noticed that WE have noticed the news item on the 7th form site. Perhaps some clever vegemite would like to take a screen shot before it disappears.

Daffy

Postby Daffy » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:59 am

a different guest wrote:Perhaps some clever vegemite would like to take a screen shot before it disappears.

At the risk of not doing justice to their ridiculously over-engineered flash-animated web site, how about just a copy and paste like this?

"Inquiry into Discipline and Pastoral Care at St Vedast and St James - 1975-1985

MESSAGE FROM DAVID BODDY, HEADMASTER, ST.JAMES SENIOR BOYS SCHOOL

It is highly likely that you have already heard by now that the Governors of St James have agreed to institute an Inquiry into the application of discipline at St Vedast and St James Schools during the formative years.

The decision to hold an Inquiry arose from a number of allegations made on an Internet website, about inappropriate punishment during those early years. The Governors decision is designed to allow an independent assessment and examination of the facts, by a Chairman who has no connection with either school, or with The School of Economic Science, whose inspiration was behind the formation of these schools. If mistakes were made during those early years, then it would be the Governors intention to apologise fully for them. It would also be hoped that reconciliation between teachers and pupils concerned, would be assisted in the light of all the facts being known and understood

Anyone who wishes to participate in the Inquiry should contact the Clerk to the Inquiry, Christine Betts at the law firm Veal and Wasbrough, whose email address is : vedast@vwl.co.uk

Each complaint from each complainant needs to be specified as fully, clearly and accurately as possible. It needs to say what was said or done, by whom and against whom, in whose presence or hearing and with what effect, and when and where the incident occurred. If a complaint about the incident was made straight afterwards then details of that complaint should also be given.

The Clerk to the Inquiry wishes for any intervention to reach her by 16th February to allow for decisions to be taken as to how much time will be needed to hear complaints.

A number of people have independently either spoken or written to me, saying that their experiences at St Vedast and St James were of a different nature to those being expressed on the website. Any former pupil who does not have a complaint but who would wish to participate in the Inquiry nonetheless, should also contact Christine Betts outlining in general terms what other observations are to be made, and expressing a willingness to be questioned further.

There have been considerable developments at St James over recent years, and there is an open invitation to anyone who would wish to come and visit us, either here at St James Senior Boys School or at the Senior Girls and Junior Schools at Olympia."

a different guest

Postby a different guest » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:28 am

At the risk of not doing justice to their ridiculously over-engineered flash-animated web site, how about just a copy and paste like this?

I dunno if a copy and paste would hold up legally. As for their site - it's pathetic. And why on earth do they have a pic with two happy women and one looking troubled and sad? what are we meant to read into that???

Snowman

7th Form site

Postby Snowman » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:41 pm

The girls pictured are from my sister's old class at St James. One is the daughter of a current St James teacher and all are in the youth or foundation group in SES.

They're all pretty though and I imagine that was the point of using that photo.

BTW - still no response from Ms Betts

Return to “St James and St Vedast”