Inquiry Update

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
sparks

Postby sparks » Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:30 pm

Snowman wrote:The quest for truth requires a desire to know the facts and deal with them. Answering complaints made is a damage limitation/PR exercise.

precisely the point my interview with Boddy was hoping to make!

sugarloaf

A message to St James/SES

Postby sugarloaf » Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:09 pm

A MESSAGE TO THE ST JAMES SCHOOL GOVERNORS, TO MRS CHRISTINE BETTS, AND THE LAWYERS WHO ARE CURRENTLY ADVISING THE SCHOOL:

Just in case you?re not all crystal clear with events to date:

The SES promotes an ideology which for years has allowed abusive behaviour to become the norm in the schools it runs. Allegations about this abuse have been appearing on the internet since around Feb 2004, naming the headteacher, Nicholas Debenham. The same year Nicholas Debenham retires. He is replaced by David Boddy, who has no experience or qualifications relevant to this post, other than a long career in public relations and lobbying, and a seven year stint as communications director for the Tory party, under Margaret Thatcher.

Its clear that the governors of St James are all SES members. I cannot believe Mrs Christine Betts is not. Knowing how the SES operates in its cosy white professional middle class world, its highly unlikely their lawyers are not members.

Mrs Thatcher once stated that in her view there was no such a thing as ?society?.
I think this may touch on the fundamental problem here.

The SES has chosen to withdraw from society. Its beliefs and principles are at odds with everything in contemporary society. It hides behind a veil of paranoid secrecy and deception, and views the outside world, the ?real? world with a mixture of contempt and apprehension.

Fortunately, the majority of us live in the ?real world?, we accept there is such a thing as society, and we attempt to abide by its laws and moral values.

The school Governors, Mrs Betts and the school?s lawyers are responding to serious allegations of child abuse by attempting a complete cover up. The governors employ the schools teaching staff, have a responsibility, and should be in control of this situation, yet its clear the newly appointed headteacher is controlling them. There are acceptable ways to behave in society, and your behaviour is not acceptable. If you are unable to see this, step down from your SES pedestal, and look at what you are doing for a moment. You are attempting to cover up serious allegations of child abuse in a school that you are responsible for.

There is no doubt that at some point everything that is going on will truly enter the public domain. You all will be judged, not just by us, as members of society, but by those that uphold the rules and laws that we all live under. I urge you each individually to look at what you are doing, and remember that you are on record. I hope that you will change your direction. It would be nice to think that it would be not through the realisation that you each personally bear responsibility for what will follow, but through a realisation that you are part of society, and you have a moral duty.

Return to “St James and St Vedast”