Who HASN'T been told about the Inquiry?

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
Tom Grubb

Who HASN'T been told about the Inquiry?

Postby Tom Grubb » Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:19 pm

OK. Here we go:

Please reply to this post if you are a former pupil of St James or St Vedast and you haven't been officially informed (via a letter from David Boddy) about the governors' proposed inquiry.

Daffy

Re: Who HASN'T been told about the Inquiry?

Postby Daffy » Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:00 pm

I haven't received any communication from the School about the inquiry, other than via this website.

In my case though I can't necessarily blame the School for this as I have gone out of my way to be uncontactable. After receiving a couple of those nauseating alumni newsletters I sent back all further communications from the School unopened. I have moved a few times since then as well. I won't be supplying my address just so they can tell me about the inquiry.

daska

Postby daska » Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:54 pm

I haven't, and I know for a fact that the school (though not the 7th form) have my current address

adrasteia

Postby adrasteia » Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:11 pm

I would probably be considered outside of the time period, so I'm not expecting to be informed (although I believe I should be)- but no, I have recieved nothing but the spectrum!

Shout

'Inescapable'?

Postby Shout » Thu May 12, 2005 10:53 am

Last edited by Shout on Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RobMac

Postby RobMac » Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:01 pm

I did make a submission but I was only aware of the inquiry from this site and to date have still not received a letter.

It is incomprehensible that the school could not contact me as my parents are still active members.

I would like to know how many ex pupils should have been contacted and how many ex-pupils actually were contacted.

I will also raise this with the Chairman of the Inquiry.

HoHumBug

contact the inquiry

Postby HoHumBug » Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:47 pm

Its not too late to make submissions. Mr Townend appears very fair and very keen to hear from all who have a relevant contribution and appears pragmatic about timescale. HOWEVER you DO have to make the effort to articulate and write down your relevant experiences and observations.

This is time consuming and can be emotionally very difficult but the more you can work through that to the core and essence of your experience the more powerful will be the testimony and the more difficult it will be to ignore it.

Address to send to initially is:
CBetts@VWL.CO.UK
But don't delay.
If you get a brush off I suggest you post the fact under the Terms of the Inquiry String. And alert the St James main string too. It is in your hands not theirs.

Daffy

Cross-posting

Postby Daffy » Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:12 pm

HoHumBug,

As you are no doubt aware, making the same or substantially the same post in more than one thread (cross-posting) is not allowed on discussion boards. You made the above post in no fewer than six threads. I have deleted all the other five.

Cross-posting results in a waste of people's time having to read the same thing several times, and a waste of this board's resources. If you have something to say that fits in more than one thread, choose the best one, or start a new thread if you think it's that important that people see it.

Daffy

HoHumBug

Cross posting

Postby HoHumBug » Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:33 pm

Daffy,

I'm very sorry, I was not aware of the prohibition although I quiite see the logic of it now. My apologies.

My concern is that it appears there may be a widespread presumption that the opportunity for contributions to the Inquiry is now closed.

From information i received on Friday I believe this is not necessarily the case and I was concerned to make this information available as widely and quickly as possible.

Starting a new string seems to be done at the drop of a hat these days and seems to be cluttering up the whole site with lots of fairly narrow topics so I was reluctant to do so. Are you sure that is the best way?

If I had to choose ONE site it would obviously be the Expriences at St James one. Can I switch the post (or can you)?

Regards,

Daffy

Re: Cross posting

Postby Daffy » Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:05 pm

HoHumBug,

I'd agree with you, there are too many new threads on existing topics (and occasionally on silly new topics), so your motivation to minimise this is appreciated.

Personally I think the fact that the Inquiry is still accepting submissions is important enough to justify its own thread, but I'll let you decide whether to start a new one or post this in an existing thread.

I can't move individual posts to other threads but if you want to 'move' your post to the 'Experiences' thread, then copy it there and I'll leave your original one here (because I can't move the discussion that has followed either).

Daffy

emmalu9

no letter

Postby emmalu9 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:15 pm

I didn't get a letter but I do get the Spectrum to make me barf from time to time. I did contribute to enquiry though, thanks to this great site and encouragement from members such as Matthew Woolf. Thanks for that by the way.

Return to “St James and St Vedast”