Inquiry Report

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
CBetts

Inquiry Report

Postby CBetts » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:02 pm

Mr James Townend QC, Chairman of the St Vedast and St James Inquiry has completed his General Report which will be accessible at the following web address, "www.iirep.com" from 9 a.m. Saturday 14 January 2006.
Mr Townend hopes that everyone involved in this matter will accept that the Inquiry has been thorough and comprehensive. As the Inquiry has now been concluded, his appointment as Chairman has ceased and he is therefore unable to enter into any further correspondence on the matter. The Governors have asked the Clerk to the Inquiry to stay in post to deal with any remaining issues such as archiving of documents and she will be returning material which has been loaned to the Inquiry as soon as possible.
Any queries or comments concerning the Report should be addressed to the Clerk to the Inquiry, cbetts@vedast.co.uk or Veale Wasbrough Lawyers Orchard Court Orchard Lane Bristol BS1 5WS who will pass them to the Governors of St James Independent Schools for reply.
Christine Betts
Clerk to the St Vedast and St James Inquiry

a different guest

Postby a different guest » Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:44 pm

The site isn't up and running yet - but the home page is there waiting - note the tags on the side.

Following on from the Chairman's reports is a Statement from the Governing Body, links to the Indpependent Inspection Results and finally one titled "The Schools Today".

Hmmmm

mgormez

Postby mgormez » Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:35 am

I've just emailed the following:

Dear Mrs. Betts,

I find it childish the web-pages of the St James Inquiry report are protected with a "Disable select-text script".

Could you ask that this script is disabled?

Best wishes,

Mike Gormez

Some minutes later I got a bounce:

This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason:

Each of the following recipients was rejected by a remote mail server.
The reasons given by the server are included to help you determine why
each recipient was rejected.

Recipient: <cbetts@vedast.co.uk>
Reason: unknown user
[/i]

Daffy

Postby Daffy » Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:58 am

mgormez wrote:I find it childish the web-pages of the St James Inquiry report are protected with a "Disable select-text script".

I agree, it's annoying. I've posted a sticky thread containing the text of the main body of the Report so that people can quote from it - see http://www.whyaretheydead.net/phpBB2/vi ... .php?t=377.

mgormez wrote:Some minutes later I got a bounce:
Recipient: <cbetts@vedast.co.uk>
Reason: unknown user

Another address to try is VedastEnquiry@VWL.CO.UK
Last edited by Daffy on Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

mgormez

Postby mgormez » Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:38 pm

I've mailed Mrs. Betts on that 2nd address.
Mike Gormez

Matthew

Postby Matthew » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:14 pm

mgormez wrote:I've just emailed the following:

Dear Mrs. Betts,

I find it childish the web-pages of the St James Inquiry report are protected with a "Disable select-text script".

Could you ask that this script is disabled?

Best wishes,

Mike Gormez

If you click on edit with Microsoft Word, that will enable you to select text, copy & paste etc.
Hope that helps.

mgormez

Postby mgormez » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:37 am

Matthew wrote:If you click on edit with Microsoft Word, that will enable you to select text, copy & paste etc.
Hope that helps.

Hi Mattew,

Of course but the fact remains it is childish. If it had any purpose then it is already beaten by Daffy by posting the relevant portion here.
Mike Gormez

Matthew

Postby Matthew » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:06 am

Hi Mike, I completely agree. It'll be interesting to hear if you get a response from Mrs Betts.

a different guest

Postby a different guest » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:39 am

Matthew wrote:It'll be interesting to hear if you get a response from Mrs Betts.

Or if you get a solicitors letter in the mail about copyright infringement. They may have been reading up on the Scientology pages. :)

NYC

Postby NYC » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:41 pm

Ms. Betts, although you have posted the correct email address for contacting you under a different thread, you have not yet used the edit button to include the working address within your original post. Over time your correction will be separated from the post containing the dead address. In the interest of clarity will you please add the working email address to your original post here on the "Inquiry Report" thread.

mgormez

Postby mgormez » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:20 pm

Matthew wrote:Hi Mike, I completely agree. It'll be interesting to hear if you get a response from Mrs Betts.

I did hear back and my question will be passed on to the Governors.

So far no lawyer letters :-)
Mike Gormez

Return to “St James and St Vedast”