Our Campaign against urs, Parents THIS is what u want 2 hear

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
whitedevil
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:22 pm

Postby whitedevil » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:06 pm

Stanton,

Thank you for having the courage to express the willingness to act towards a solution. If you read the thread entitled "School's new statement on the inquiry", then you will see that there is an open invitation to past pupils and parents to visit us. so i'm sure he would be more than willing to give you all the time you wanted and discuss issues with him. As i say, i will endevour to raise the point with him and ask about this opportunity.

cheers WD

P.S Mr Cook was my form master for many years and is a man i greatly respect. so i agree with you there
freedom wears your scars of desire

xstJ
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:18 pm
Location: London

Re: Our Campaign against URS

Postby xstJ » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:06 pm

Justice said:

Is anyone prepared to start 'naming names' of anyone who was allegedly guilty of "criminal assault" against pupils at St. James who is still teaching at St. James today?


Some have already been named, eg

Mr Lacey often came up to children when they were annnoying him, or even singing out of tune in the choir, put his two hands on their shoulders and kneed them full-force in the testicles, in front of the entire school. He also reqularly engaged in beating children on almost any part of their body with rulers, gymshoes, rugby shoes, cricket bats, in fact, pretty much anything that came to hand.


This is from the 'experiences' thread - see sticky at the top

daska
Posts: 270
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:29 pm
Location: UK

Postby daska » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:15 pm

Comment removed because I'm feeling threatened by James persistant questioning of my identity and reasons for remaining anonymous
Last edited by daska on Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whitedevil
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:22 pm

Postby whitedevil » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:36 pm

daska,

Care to elaborate on your "decades of experience" and how they do not support the view of a changed school?

WD
freedom wears your scars of desire

User avatar
Sam Hyde
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:33 pm
Location: St James boys school
Contact:

Postby Sam Hyde » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:30 pm

Right I'm home and can now give this some time. Firstly, get over the spelling mistakes, I can?t use a spell check on this thing, and hey, aren?t you humiliating me?

Right, let?s set the record straight,

1) I am here to protect the image of MY school
2) I fully accept the findings of the Inquiry and support the demand for the resignation of those responsible for maintaining a safe staff at the time.
3) However, I do not support the constant harassment of our schools. This may be news to your ears, some how I doubt NOT...Leaflets have been handed out to open day visitors at both schools claiming the school to be cult operated and blah blah. (Slander)
4) Girl's school was graphed (a modern word, LOOK IT UP) with abusive language and death wishes. This clearly is not playing ball.
My wish is to stop all the scare monger tactics, bring it above board and lets all have a good chit chat, parents included. Come and see the school, ask for me or any of the others on here, you?re very welcome.
5) Current parents are understandably worried by your efforts to damn the current school; I aim to tell it how it is CURRENTLY.
6) Many of you claim to have years of experience, in life, (more than me no doubt) at St James? Maybe not, seeing as some of you have never attended school there. What position does this put you in, how can you justly condemn my school at its current age, when you have had no recent experience of it.

7)
Is anyone prepared to start 'naming names' of anyone who was allegedly guilty of "criminal assault" against pupils at St. James who is still teaching at St. James today?

'Justice!' if you had been at school maybe you wouldn?t need others to reveal names for you, as this is a privilege reserved to those who received the confidential report, you might just have to go without. Sorry to have burst your bubble, maybe if you had some valid contribution to make to the inquiry then you would have access to one, but I forgot, you had and have nothing to do with the school.

Daska,
What attitude is being portrayed by all of you???? I'm merely protecting myself and my school with as well as I've got. All I hear is equally strong opposition coming from a load of people who really don?t appreciate 2006 St James for what it is. Re: singing teacher, wouldn?t you shout "SING" if every morning 300 boys belligerently refused to take part? I am perfectly clear on where I stand with reference to my thoughts and feelings expressed here and have no doubt that after my eagerly awaited 'life experience' I will still hold the same fond memories of most of my time at St James and happily reminisce on this banter.

Sam. xox
thats old now, like me, only 4 weeks to go!!!!!
"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education"

xstJ
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:18 pm
Location: London

Postby xstJ » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:51 pm

Sam Hyde wrote:

4) Girl's school was graphed (a modern word, LOOK IT UP) with abusive language and death wishes. This clearly is not playing ball.


Could you explain exactly what you mean?
By 'death wishes' do you mean death threats? If so, whose death was threatened?

Also, who is the 'you' you keep refering to? Obviously you know there are a huge number of different people reading and contributing to this board you can't mean all of them.

And to answer your question Daska, Sam is Laura Hyde's son.

james
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:14 pm
Location: Leeds (currently in NZ)

Postby james » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:53 pm

Hello all
I am a past member of both the St James primary and secondary system, and while I fully sympathise with those of you who have been abused in the past, and it does sound truly horrific, I can assure you it is not happening now. I joined the school at age 7 and have never once been physically, mentally, emotionally or sexually assaulted! The closest ive come to assault is Mr Lacey throwing half a piece of chalk at my head because I was openly sleeping in his physics lesson!
When I joined the St J senior boys in Twickenham I was greeted by new form teacher David Lacey, and throughout my life at St J I had and continue to have a great respect for that man, and a respect not born from fear, but from the fact he respected us and would on a day to day basis defend his class from the punishments (not physical) of other teachers and made sure we were always treated fairly.
I still strongly remember the day when the rumours started to circulate of accusations of assaults by teachers and DL sat us down and confessed to us that he had done things in the past. (Whether the rumour of the knee in the balls is true I don?t know) He seemed genuinely sorry that he had carried out these actions and he agreed that they had been done without any for-thought and in the heat of the moment. (And please don?t give the predictable argument ?he?s only sorry now because he?s afraid of getting fired etc??)
Anyway this isn?t what I wanted to say in this post. I wanted to simply ask why this forum, or at least people posting on this forum, are intent on attacking and undermining the present schools, I understand that you may well have been abused in the past (or in the case of ?Justice!? just some hanger-on s**t stirrer) and you want to get your voice heard, but please don?t attack the current schools. I do not understand your motive for trying to bring down an establishment, which teaches well over 1000 children around the world. (And does it very successfully)
I apologise for the poor post I can hardly read it myself but hopefully you get the point!

User avatar
Sam Hyde
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:33 pm
Location: St James boys school
Contact:

Postby Sam Hyde » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:10 pm

GIVE THAT MAN A BLUE PETER BADGE!

Didnt take you very long XstJ..... Yes I will elaborate,

The windows were graphed with; (dont know if I can swear on here) C***ts...Cult School....**** Get out......ect ect. I have heard this about 3rd hand so exact words are unknown.

The you, I appologise is too vague, rather than list names I reffer to those who are debating/insulting me.
Hope this is of some help

Sam xox
thats old now, like me, only 4 weeks to go!!!!!

"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education"

User avatar
Sam Hyde
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:33 pm
Location: St James boys school
Contact:

Postby Sam Hyde » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:12 pm

oops, forgot the death wish bit....Yes they said 'You'd all be better off dead' You do condemn this act of valdalism and the nature behind waht was said.......don't you?

Sam xox
thats old now, like me, only 4 weeks to go!!!!!

"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education"

ses-surviver
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:11 pm
Location: London

Postby ses-surviver » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:30 pm

What I find most odd about the interventions of Sam Hyde and WD is that pupils would take upon themselves to defend the honour of their school on a board like this. I would find it very hard to beleive that that they would have been allowed to do so with the school's approval (especially so as the spellin' and gramma hardly show the school in the best light) - if they were the front for some 'official' campaign, surely Boddy would have picked out someone who could express themselves better (i'm not doubting the conviction behind the postings - just the image given forth by the 'flow of conciousness' rambling posts). I really can't beleive that the SES/St James hasn't changed its stance of 'ignore it and it will go away' which is their steady 'forward defensive stroke' (cricket analogy for the American folks on here) which they seem to employ against criticism.

james wrote:When I joined the St J senior boys in Twickenham I was greeted by new form teacher David Lacey, and throughout my life at St J I had and continue to have a great respect for that man, and a respect not born from fear, but from the fact he respected us and would on a day to day basis defend his class from the punishments (not physical) of other teachers and made sure we were always treated fairly.

I still strongly remember the day when the rumours started to circulate of accusations of assaults by teachers and DL sat us down and confessed to us that he had done things in the past. (Whether the rumour of the knee in the balls is true I don?t know) He seemed genuinely sorry that he had carried out these actions and he agreed that they had been done without any for-thought and in the heat of the moment. (And please don?t give the predictable argument ?he?s only sorry now because he?s afraid of getting fired etc??)

My! How he's changed. Maybe he's come to understand the pain he caused his own kids.

I heard some very bizarre tales about him from another St James pupil ( a non-poster) which have not been mentioned on here. I wonder if he also talked about those.

Planet
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:40 pm

Postby Planet » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:35 pm

Sam Hyde wrote:What attitude is being portrayed by all of you???? I'm merely protecting myself and my school with as well as I've got. All I hear is equally strong opposition coming from a load of people who really don?t appreciate 2006 St James for what it is. Re: singing teacher, wouldn?t you shout "SING" if every morning 300 boys belligerently refused to take part? I am perfectly clear on where I stand with reference to my thoughts and feelings expressed here and have no doubt that after my eagerly awaited 'life experience' I will still hold the same fond memories of most of my time at St James and happily reminisce on this banter.

Sam. xox


Reminisce away. But just remember children learn more from their surroundings and how people act around them. So the teacher screams "sing" at the kids. The kids grow up have children and scream at their kids. Of course what else ?

What you learn at a young age for sure will have an effect on the way you behave towards your kids to some extent.

But for sure those that held the responsibility and accountability i.e. governors should not hide behind the cloak of the years that have passed.
Just because its "years ago" does not mean they are anymore fit to be in the positions they are. Apologies are one thing but are they really the way to start a new beginning.

For a school that teaches pupils certain values you would expect those that teach and govern them to set an example and practice what they preach otherwise they cannot truly have believed what they were or are now teaching.

User avatar
Sam Hyde
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:33 pm
Location: St James boys school
Contact:

Postby Sam Hyde » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:39 pm

Dear 'SES-Survivor-'
Believe it because I'm sorry to disappoint you but it?s true. We are fed up with being misrepresented and yes no doubt we have the full support of Mr. Boddy as he reads this site. Please forgive my spelling (if you hadn't got it yet, that?s irony!) Boddy has in the past mentioned to the school the voices that want hearing on here. This was however some time ago and nobody did anything to protect our school from our perspective; it is entirely our own initiative. Free speech is great.....

Sam xox
thats old now, like me, only 4 weeks to go!!!!!

"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education"

ses-surviver
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:11 pm
Location: London

Postby ses-surviver » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:49 pm

Sam Hyde wrote:Dear 'SES-Survivor-'
Believe it because I'm sorry to disappoint you but it?s true. We are fed up with being misrepresented and yes no doubt we have the full support of Mr. Boddy as he reads this site. Please forgive my spelling (if you hadn't got it yet, that?s irony!) Boddy has in the past mentioned to the school the voices that want hearing on here. This was however some time ago and nobody did anything to protect our school from our perspective; it is entirely our own initiative. Free speech is great.....

Sam xox


But is the mind free? ;)

xstJ
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:18 pm
Location: London

Postby xstJ » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:50 pm

Sam Hyde wrote:GIVE THAT MAN A BLUE PETER BADGE!


I see the St James sexist bias is still going strong. Why do you and whitedevil assume we're all men?


You do condemn this act of valdalism and the nature behind waht was said.......don't you?


Of course, if it's true.. forgive my skeptism but it's the first I've heard of it, can anyone corroborate this?

Zathura
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:05 pm

THERE IS NO REASON WHY THE KIDS SHOULD FEEL ANYTHING AT ALL

Postby Zathura » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:51 pm

I CAN SEE NO REASON WHY CURRENT KIDS SHOULD BE ACCUSED OF BEING BRAINWASHED OR SAYING ANYTHING OTHER THAN WHAT THEY THINK. IF WHAT THEY ARE SAYING IS GENUINELY THE FEELING THEN WE SHALL BE SEEING A HELL OF A LOT MORE KIDS NOW THE ENQUIRY IS OVER. AFTER ALL THE OLD GEEZERS HERE MAKE CLAIM AFTER CLAIM AFTER CLAIM CONCERNING WHAT THE KID'S REALITY IS. IT IS ABSOLUTELY RIGHT THAT THE KIDS SHOULD GET ON INDEPENDENTLY AND TELL THEM TO SHOVE IT UP THEIR ARSE.

Hi Sam, White Devil and james I find your posts neither arrogent or all the other negative things. As for spelling well I usually check but esp Sam very quickly managed to prove his accusers (trying to make out he was a retard) wrong. Spelling, presentation who gives a rat's arse. It's the quality of the thought that matters. Some people can spell but have rather uninspirational thoughts like most of the people here complaining about spelling. Shakespear couldn't spell and James Joyce spelled badly on purpoooosey.

Your position has been consistant and seems absolutely real not a spin thing by the school. I find the arguments against you very weak. What we have here are two points of view. Old pupils new pupils. The old pupils don't represent all old pupils however I suspect the new kids do represent most of the new kids. Beyond spin, because the schools official part is over now if there were to be more kids on the forum-Substatially more- then we would have a more balanced forum. Get 20 to 30 of them on here and we might have a very different dynamic. I love the inverted subversion of this.
The fact is apart from the teachers concerned and the governors nobody else need be sympathetic to those on this forum. Who gives a shit? Why should Sam and co be sympathetic to anyone. It is none of their business and they are entitled to their complete indifference. I am a relitively old St James kid and I don't recognise even the soundings of my peers as being accurate. I see no reason why the kids should need to out of politically correct politics give a shit about our old geezers. They obviously don't anyway. The truth is. Not many people do give a shit. That is why they are shouting so loud.

Sam cool bro....keep at it. It's about time these guys and girls got their moneys worth back. I like the revolution.


Go on Sam herd the troops. These old geezers sound hard and life experienced but it's all just 'drivel'. Life experience is a very hard thing to quantify and a lot of it is illusiory hence old men always sounding completely out of touch after 60. The same happens in our thirties. I've a young soul and can relate. I know Sam, James etc are cool and on the level.
What would be hip is if more crew can git on the lip and spiel reel and peel T 4 SKIN off de meal.

lets reemove a few layers lazeeee lazeeee fandango petroleum oos

Bravo kids! erotageeno bedeeni SICK MAN SICK :evilbat: :B-fly: :fist:

And lastly the good pastoral care I got was the 10 years either side of the squating incident. I wouldn't be suprised if abuse actually took up a fraction of the time in any St James period. I've always found the accounts to be exagerated apart from a very few.

I didn't like my education too much but i draw the line on criminal accusations. As faa as I I I I (stutter rap stutter rap) concerned Rock me Rock me Rock me Amadeus Rock me Rock me rock me Amadeus

Hit me with your rythem stick. I like the pain! 0X
Last edited by Zathura on Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:21 pm, edited 9 times in total.


Return to “St James and St Vedast”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests