Our Campaign against urs, Parents THIS is what u want 2 hear

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
sugarloaf

Postby sugarloaf » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:02 pm

current St james pupil:
youv'e had the courage to come forward about the atrocities. now have the courage to come and face the innocents you are destroying with your spite.

current St james pupil:
And it distresses me to see you try to bring us down. For the people who hurt you have little to do with me and my school.

current St james pupil:
I do not understand your motive for trying to bring down an establishment, which teaches well over 1000 children around the world. (And does it very successfully)

current St james pupil:
I wanted to simply ask why this forum, or at least people posting on this forum, are intent on attacking and undermining the present schools, I understand that you may well have been abused in the past

Current st James school management (ie David Boddy) on iirep website
Despite attacks by an anonymous action group, and a number of actions by that group to damage the present St James schools?

Current st James school management (ie David Boddy)
The small group of hardened ?activists? who wish to remain anonymous in their criticisms of st james and in particular, the SES, are encouraged to step out from behind the shadows of the past and meet the governors openly

Is it just me or are there some striking similarities between what the sudden rash of current pupils posting here are saying, and what the school management is saying?

Seems to me there?s a hell of a lot of rumours going round that someone?s out to damage the school, and disrupt current pupils education, due to something thats no longer relevant as its all in the past. Just where is all this coming from? If the schools are publicly stating there?s a malicious group of ?hardened activists? out to ?smear? and 'damage' the current schools, just what they?re saying privately to current pupils within the school?

Why the sudden rash of posts from current pupils all suspiciously similar in message: ?you lot are intent on destroying my school, because of something that happened in the past, come and visit it yourself to see that its fine?. This happens to be exactly what Boddy has been saying for aver a year.

Over the past 2 years I haven?t heard anyone express damaging the school as an aim, either publicly or privately. And Matt?s open letter doesn?t advocate this either.

If there is no SES involvement in your education, if all parents do fully understand the link with the SES, and the reasons behind what is taught in the schools, then when the governors finally accept that they have to act, you will see absolutely no change in your life at the school. Where is the disruption? Where?s the destruction? The only disruption that could be caused to your education would be if the continued inaction by the schools management led to further press coverage - which is quite possible.

Its interesting that even ardent school and SES supporters seem to have little to say in support of the governors and their current absurd stance. So its strange that the governors arent being blamed for damaging the school and smearing its name, through failure to act to preserve the reputation of the schools.

There is no campaign AGAINST the school, there is one FOR the school, a school which is transparent about what it is and what it does, and is governed by governors who show they understand the meaning of proffessional responsibility.

The only person I've heard talking about a campaign to damage the school is David Boddy.

The school has recieved a barrage of poignent questions from us 6th formers and other years. To which Boddy and Lambie, grind their teeth and tell us what we want to know.

Sam hyde, if you really are your own independent person, and free to say and do what you want ? it would be very interesting to hear what boddy and lambie have been saying to you and your inquisitive classmates. And whats the head of the SES doing in the school anyway?

If anyone has defaced the school then I personally condem it. Thats presuming your 'third hand' account is reliable. Perhaps Boddy has arranged it as part of his current strategy to attack a group of innocent people and portray them as militants?

whitedevil

Postby whitedevil » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:12 pm

Sugarloaf,

Funnily enough, seeing as we all go (went in James' case) to the same school. we happen to talk about things. That's the reason why we all signed on at a similair time. As for the similarities between our views and the official releases of the school, maybe there is a resemblence because it's the truth. There will be more of us don't you worry everyone. Because right now it does look like we are a minority. But I assure you we are not. And this will become clear in due course
freedom wears your scars of desire

nilsabm

Postby nilsabm » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:12 pm

It seems we should thank Sam for opening this thread with the claim that it should be the one that parents read.

1. The poor spelling and grammar displayed by the pupils on this thread, 6th formers at that, should be a disincentive to prospective parents to begin with. It has been noticeable, though, that Sam has started constructing more carefully written replies in the wake of so much criticism. This, it should be said, has also led to his constructing better arguments.

2. The admission that being humiliated in front of a class room and having blackboard rubbers thrown at you is a poor way to teach, is a vindication of all that has been said in criticism of the school?s teaching techniques in the past.

3. Sam's assertion that he is free of school doctrine, despite being surrounded by its ethos, is proof that the SES still has its claws in the flesh of the day schools. A more disturbing and poignant display of this is exhibited in the thread on sex and marriage begun by pupils of the girls' school which demonstrates all too clearly that the school is teaching mystical nonsense instead of scientific fact in important areas of peoples lives.

Katy wrote:This topic is actually highly relevant for me at the moment, being 17 and brought up in St James (London branch of SES school). I need to get sorted about my opinion, at the moment I'm not entirely clear, but I can tell you what the school says about it. Apparently, when you first sleep with someone, the person you sleep with makes a mark on your 'antakarana' which is kinda like your soul I think. On a more practical level, they say that that is a highly significant and important person to you. THerefore it would make sense if the person was the person you were gonna spend the rest of your life with. On a physical level, sorry to be graphic, but the hymen has to be there for a reason, everything (except nipples on men!) has a point to it, and the hymen is a physical sign of the significance of having sex for the first time. Also having sex with the wrong people can muck you up emotionally, so its safest to sleep with someone you love (enough so they will never leave you). This all seems to make sense, but i don't see why it's wrong to sleep with someone who you r gonna marry anyway, like a fiancee, and also i dunno how i'm gonna cope about explaining to normal people my reasons for not sleeping around when i do not fully understand hem myself. Wud be great to know what u guys thinkx

I had at first wondered though, why Sam, from his own free will, was defending a school whose ethos he rejects and which he claims is accountable for his poor level of education?

a) At last, as had already been surmised, we discover that his mother is headmistress of the girls? school. As such, Sam's defence of St James has a staked interest which he has pointedly neglected to inform us about.

b) I can accept that Sam rejects the school doctrine, but the school has ways of persuading people to do its will by other means, fear and intimidation for instance. Some of the comments made by the pupils imply that teachers have told them that the criticisms of the school made on this site are a threat to their personal reputations and abilities to enter university. (As has already been stressed, this is not the case. Far more likely an inhibitor to university acceptance will be the poor command of grammar displayed by Sam and his friends.) Indeed, Sam?s over the shoulder apologies to David Boddy are a reminder to us all that the school monitors these discussion sites and it transpires, as I had thought, that he has been persuading pupils that it is in their interests to defend the school. I therefore stand by my assertion that the school hides behind its pupils. Where are the teachers and governors defending the school against the criticisms made on this site? Apart from the too few who have made an apology, most it seems are too cowardly to put their heads above the parapets.

A final comment on indoctrination. Indoctrination works best when the indoctrinated don?t realise they have been indoctrinated. This is achieved when the doctrine is normalised and made to appear natural. This is facilitated when those instilling doctrine have the capacity to control peoples? environment, habits, associations and time, as well as the capacity to mould their perceptions of them. This, essentially, is what Kier and Alban are driving at, and is also one of the greatest concerns for those worried about the SES being involved in child education.

Why, for instance, does Sam assume that stacking shelves is a job for foreigners and Poles? Are foreigners less able than British people? Are Poles so incapable that they do not even justify being grouped with foreigners? Where have such prejudices come from, education or experience? Personally I have met many foreigners, Poles included, whose command of English puts that of the current pupils on this thread to shame. Is the racism and xenophobia that was endemic when we attended the school still lurking in the dark corners? Remember the photo when all but one of our non-white fellow pupils were sent to stand at the back?

It is all very well for Sam to say come and visit the school. But, as those of us who were there when the press visited them in the 80?s know, the schools are very good at putting on a public image and concealing what goes on behind closed doors. It is all too evident that the SES still has its claws sunk into the day schools. Until this association has been well and truly broken, St James will find it difficult to avoid being the target of suspicion and criticism.

I cannot account for any of the leafleting or defacing that has occurred, nor do I condone it. It is possible of course that these are the actions of local people who are getting wind of the truth behind those who really run the schools. It is not, I repeat, the intention of those seeking redress on this site to harm those pupils currently attending the schools. At most, there is a call for more transparency in the running of the schools and for those responsible for past abuses to accept responsibility for their actions.

I applaud Sam at least for accepting the findings of the Inquiry and supporting the demand for the resignation of those responsible for maintaining a safe staff at the time. The first sign of independent thought from a current pupil.

xstJ

Postby xstJ » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:18 pm

whitedevil wrote:There will be more of us don't you worry everyone. Because right now it does look like we are a minority. But I assure you we are not. And this will become clear in due course

Whitedevil, you seem to be completely missing Sugarloaf's point. You really don't need to be so defensive. No-one is attacking the current school, all anyone is doing is urging the school to respond appropriately to the inquiry report by distancing itself from the abuse of the past.

whitedevil

Postby whitedevil » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:19 pm

xstj,

"give that man a blue peter badge"

firstly, his name is james.

secondly, we know him!

I apologise for assumptions beforehand

whitedevil

Postby whitedevil » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:22 pm

xstj,

This is the problem with the internet. You can't judge tone in a post particularly easily. If you had heard me say what i posted, the tone would have been calm and reasonable not aggressive.

What I really want to know is, will you admit the school has changed?
Last edited by whitedevil on Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xstJ

Postby xstJ » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:24 pm

whitedevil wrote:xstj,

"give that man a blue peter badge"

firstly, his name is james.

secondly, we know him!

I apologise for assumptions beforehand

I think Sam's post was addressing me, care to clarify Sam?

Zathura

Postby Zathura » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:38 pm

Concerning remark made about Poles

My girlfriend is Polish. and so too are three or four other friends. The remark was made perhaps because London is swamped with Poles. They almost aren't foreigners. It would be more obvious if you lived in London.
In ever newsagents you get a whole fridge of Polish food and stuff. It's crazy. Don't say I'm racist against Poles because the person I love the most in the world is Polish.

My point? stick to real arguments. If you comb too deeply and too thoroughly it cancels out the main points and makes everything look fatuous. Perhaps it's all fatuous anyway? Who knows.

james

Postby james » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:49 pm

Nilsabm quote
"I had at first wondered though, why Sam, from his own free will, was defending a school whose ethos he rejects and which he claims is accountable for his poor level of education?

a) At last, as had already been surmised, we discover that his mother is headmistress of the girls? school. As such, Sam's defence of St James has a staked interest which he has pointedly neglected to inform us about."

javascript:emoticon(':bad-words:')

I think this is a disgusting, naive and weak argument posted because you can think of nothing better to say. I know Sams mother very well and I can say she is one of the most well intentioned and open hearted (if not damn annoying on occasion (sorry Sam!)) person who has turned the senior girls 180degrees from the days of Sheila (?) Caldwell. There is no way, not in a million years that she would put Sam up too or brainwash him into posting on this site. Quiet frankly u are a git for saying so!
As for Zarthur, thank you very much for your post and its good to know at least someone is supporting out cause.
If anybody says that there are no posts on this forum that are damaging to the current day schools, how about this one http://www.whyaretheydead.net/phpBB2/vi ... .php?t=407
Or this one http://www.whyaretheydead.net/phpBB2/vi ... .php?t=417
Please don?t deny it. :bad-words:
Last edited by james on Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

nilsabm

Postby nilsabm » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:57 pm

I wasn't suggesting Mrs Hyde put Sam up to anything. Merely pointing out that he has ulterior motives for defending the school's reputation. I don't see how any of your insults or emoticons changes the fundamental truth of that proposition...
Last edited by nilsabm on Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daska

Postby daska » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:59 pm

Comment removed because I'm feeling threatened by James persistant questioning of my identity and reasons for remaining anonymous
Last edited by daska on Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

james

Postby james » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:07 pm

Daska
On the subject of dylexia and dyspraxia.
My brother (at the school presently) has them both, severly. When he was 11 he still could barly speak. He has now been at the senior school for 4 years and has a dedicated classroom assistant for many lessons, aswell as regular check ups and numerous 1 to 1 lessons each week.
I think the support the school supplies for him is adequet (i to have dylexia!) if not more than.
As for AinA it is europes bigest arts and crafts fair and is openly advertised all around the country, in shop windows, newspapers, magazines and not just inside the SES. So i don't know where you got that bit of useless info. Last year a met a couple of who had driven from scotland, and they had nothing to do with the SES or st James. Ive been to every one for 5 years.

Ps nilsab
I don't want to get into a personal argument with you, just pissed me of that you said that. (lucky i didn't throw a board duster at your head!) If you feel that sam has other motives could you please tell us what they might be?? extrapolate your answer as mr lacey would say.
Last edited by james on Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

daska

Postby daska » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:20 pm

Comment removed because I'm feeling threatened by James persistant questioning of my identity and reasons for remaining anonymous
Last edited by daska on Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whitedevil

Postby whitedevil » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:22 pm

What does AinA have to do with any of this? I went last year and saw nothing vagely SES. just the standard ex St James students racing the golf carts

james

Postby james » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:28 pm

Daska
The thing is not everybody has heard of the "Carling Weekend" but the fact is its Britains second largest music festival. The reason that not everybody has heard of AinA is not because SES is "hiding" it because it is infact some mass cult event, its simply because those people havn't heard about it!
How long ago did your experiences of the lack of learning support take place??

Return to “St James and St Vedast”