RUTH KELLY CONFIRMS POLICE INVESTIGATING ST. JAMES

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
Justice

Postby Justice » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:17 am

Ruth Kelly, The Secretary of State for Education and Skills has confirmed in a written statement to the House of Commons that, and I quote:

The Department has been made aware of allegations of abuse by teachers at St. James Independent Schools for Boys between 1975 and 1985. The matter is currently under investigation by Richmond-upon-Thames social services department and the Metropolitan police. We are liaising with them and will consider what, if any, action is required once their investigation has been completed.

This statement was made after a question was raised in the House of Commons by Mike Hancock MP as follows:

To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Skills what recent representations she has received on the mistreatment of pupils at St. James' Independent Schools in London, with particular reference to the School of Economic Science. [47911]

The entry in Hansard, the official record of Parliament can be seen at the following link:

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/p ... olumn_1941

ET

Postby ET » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:33 am

It's great that the issue has been raised in the House of Commons, but yet again it's only in reference to the boy's school. Not much I or anyone can do about that, but I thought it was worth drawing attention to.

Zathura

Postby Zathura » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:07 pm

I must be honest. I am very impressed with this posting Justice.
It's pretty concrete (if bona fide) and I can't see any reason why you would make it up. I eat my hat.

It would be still good to find out some detail of the angle of the investigation etc and whether much can 'really' be done legally. I am willing to admit that I was wrong.

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:30 pm

To follow up on your post Justice!, for your information the services have been WORKING ALONG SIDE the schools and their OWN investigation for OVER A YEAR. And have revealed nothing to deem further action necessary.

Sam xox
thats old now, like me, only 4 weeks to go!!!!!
"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education"

bella

Postby bella » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:08 pm

I dunno what it is, Sam, but a lot of your posts leave my ears ringing with "na-na-na-na-naaaa-na" and the image of you thumbing your nose. Is that intentional?

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:13 pm

I Dont follow...:s

Sam xox

Justice

Postby Justice » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:03 pm

The Richmond upon Thames Social Services Department and the Metropolitan Police Investigations are entirely seperate.

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:24 pm

maybe I didnt say that clearly enough, both forces have been working WITH ST JAMES (not eachother) during the last year and more. The are inclined to discontinue their investigations as nothing at present is cause for concern. Fact!

Free Thinker

Postby Free Thinker » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:48 pm

Sam - what Bella stated, pretty clearly, is that when she finishes reading your posts, she gets the feeling that they are written with the attitude of making fun of, bullying, or looking down on those who are reading it, and furthermore, taunting.

I'm sure you haven't read her posts, but Bella is a current member of the adult school in Australia, and if even she feels that way after reading your posts, you might want to rethink the attitude with which they are presented.

Which is pretty typical of males who have spent time in the School.

Justice

Postby Justice » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:51 pm

Perhaps you should ring Ruth Kelly and tell her that, as obviuosly both she and her senior civil servants have got it all wrong.....according to you!

Plus, as the statement was made in the House of Commons last week she must be guilty of misleading the House.....according to you!

whitedevil

Postby whitedevil » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:04 pm

Justice,

I'm not asking for your indentity but.....

were you in St James?

Do you have relatives in St James?

Are you connected in any way with the school?

Seeing as you want the abusers named, you obviously didn't experience the abuse otherwise it would be ovbious......wouldn't it?
freedom wears your scars of desire

Justice

Postby Justice » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:18 pm

Dear WhiteDevil

Our identities dont really matter.

What matters is the outcome of the Police investigation.

whitedevil

Postby whitedevil » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:27 pm

justice,

I didn't ask for an identity, I asked for a connection
freedom wears your scars of desire

james

Postby james » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:30 pm

Justice!
Im not too sure about these investigations, are they invesigating the school now? Or events of 20 odd years ago?
Im sure if the investigation is of 20 years ago they will discover the awfull acts of some of the teachers, and as a consequece some of the current teachers/ govenors may get the sack.
However if the investigation is of the school at present then they will find nothing! The school at present is an excellent establishment and a fantastic school to attend, and as a graduate I can say that with conviction.
If you could clear up the above question for me that would be good, Thanks.

Oh and Sam I have to agree, please be more gental in putting your points across, getting angry and insulting people etc. is only detramental.

:Fade-color

Justice

Postby Justice » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:43 pm

Dear James,

As the Police dont tend to give a running commentary on investigations before charges are brought, we will just have to await the outcome.

I am sorry if I have offended you or Sam in any way. Was there anything in particular that I said that offended either of you?

Return to “St James and St Vedast”