The hole the current pupils are digging for themselves...

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
a different guest

The hole the current pupils are digging for themselves...

Postby a different guest » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:47 pm

gets deeper and deeper.

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:49 pm

HAHAHAH well we'll see

Sam xox
thats old now, like me, only 4 weeks to go!!!!!
"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education"

a different guest

Postby a different guest » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:52 pm

that's the irony (as well as concern) - you don't "see" it at all!

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:55 pm

welllllll
Last edited by Sam Hyde on Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

a different guest

Postby a different guest » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:02 am

Sam Hyde wrote:No, I think YOU are missing the point, what we are doing here is representing the school in its true light.

Wow, it just got bigger again!

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:06 am

Turn the tables, ever considered that YOU might be the ones who are brainwashed! NOT US????? Hence so intent on believing you are correct no matter what else is presented to you.

Sam xox

parent

Postby parent » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:39 am

Every child that has suffered because of your school is correct! STOP the propoganda.

STOP the typical SES influenced rhetoric. Evryone else is wrong. NO, we are not. My child suffered at your school, so did my friend's and her friend's and his friend's and his and his andt he list is endless.

I withdrew my child and so did someone I know and someone else and someone else and guess what, we are now comparing notes....and guess what......our stories match up and so do the stories in Australia nd the Netherlands and........

STOP the propoganda!

Free Thinker

Postby Free Thinker » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:54 am

Sam - so what you are saying is that you are going to take over this board and have it be about how wonderful St. James is?

I think not.

Kindly take your foot out of your mouth and your head out of your ass. You have no idea what we are talking about, nor do you care. Therefore, you don't belong in this conversation.

The other members of this forum who are current members of the school do, and therefore they are welcome.

You are arrogant, rude, obnoxious, and uninformed of even the simplest forms of internet etiquette, such as spending some time lurking on a discussion forum getting to know the people and topics before jumping right in. This is particularly important when the discussion forum centers around abuse.

All you are doing is making St. James look worse and worse.

a different guest

Postby a different guest » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:13 am

All you are doing is making St. James look worse and worse.

Awwwww FT! Now you've gone and dang told them!

Free Thinker

Postby Free Thinker » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:24 am

Sorry, ADG - sometimes the truth must be told! Goodness knows I spent many years of my life being trained to know how important the Truth is.

Stanton

Postby Stanton » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:00 am

Give him a break - he's like a breath of fresh air after all the mopping and mowing on this site (I include myself in this). I think Sam has been very frank and open. You expect subtleties from an 18-year old?

concerned-parent

Postby concerned-parent » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:05 am

I find it offensive that posts by the current pupils are being labelled as 'propaganda'. The current pupils are not saying that 'everything else is wrong', they are stating what they personally have experienced, exactly as you are.

You can choose to believe them, or you can dismiss them because it does not fit in with your own beliefs/experiences - er, but isn't that exactly what the past pupils experienced in their time at the schools? No-one listened to them or tried to understand their reality...?

It is so easy to dismiss a child isn't it?

Also, Free Thinker, normally I really appreciate your posts because they have a sense of balance to them. But can you appreciate what Sam is trying to say and why, or care about it? Would this board be better if he was not here?

ET

Postby ET » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:54 am

Sam Hyde wrote: And in 2 weeks or so, you will be looking at a very different front page, one that no longer shames the current St James but shouts proudly about its true nature and qualities.

Like it or not, theres a new boy on the block!

I am quite stunned by this statement, Sam. I've been reading all of your posts for the last week or so (spending more time on this BB than with my family at the moment, but I want to keep up with things), and I've been quite impressed with some of them, in particular the ones where you are apparently calling for the governors/SES to be more transparent and accountable for what happened as little as 10 years ago in their schools. However, stating that you intend to effectively "take over" this BB is insensitive to say the least.
I have been talking to friends and family who started posting on this board shortly after it first appeared, and they speak of how monumental it was in helping them start to accept what happened to them all those years ago, and also how important it was to realise that they were not as alone as they thought.
I spoke to one of those people yesterday, and she told me that she no longer feels welcome on this board as she has spent her whole life having to make people believe that the things that happened to her really happened, and she doesn't want to have to carry on doing that on a board where, until recently, she felt safe.
You are perfectly entitled to state your views on this board, but please try to be a little bit more sensitive. The schools may be better places now, but they have been proven to have been terrible and frightening places for many pupils in the past, and it's important that you try to remember this and have some empathy towards us past pupils who are still trying to rebuild our lives.
There is room on here for all views, and your statement quoted above only lends power to those who think you are on a personal crusade to discredit us on behalf of the schools and SES. I don't believe that is your agenda, but you need to be more careful when choosing what to type.

a different guest

Postby a different guest » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:55 am

You expect subtleties from an 18-year old?

Frankly - yes. He is legally an adult (at least in this country), and I've seen more nouse and understanding from teens much younger than his 18 years.

You can choose to believe them,

Oh I do (beleive them that is). A "child's" point of view IS relevant because that is the 'reaility' that they perceive.

or you can dismiss them because it does not fit in with your own beliefs/experiences

I don't dismiss them because of this. In fact I don't "dismiss" them at all! Their posts are entirely relevant to what is obviously being taught in the current St James schools.

It is so easy to dismiss a child isn't it?

NO. Like I said above I am not 'dismissing" them at all. I might be tempted to treat them as a bunch of silly wankers (as that is how they come across) but, more seriously, their style of posting and what they say makes me concerned for EVERY child in the schools.

whitedevil

Postby whitedevil » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:10 pm

All,

I think Sam has been a bit hasty. I don't think he meant to say take over as such. He just wants to get rid of all the hate aimed at the current school. He is not helped by the arrogance of a different guest, who has been the only unreasonable person iv'e met on this board. What a thread to post. It's counter productive and idiotic. I might as well just post "everyone on this board is a twat, discuss". Grow up A Different Guest!!

I will no longer be posting on this thread, what a waste of time.
freedom wears your scars of desire

Return to “St James and St Vedast”