A non subserviant girl's opinion-pls read this objectively

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
mgormez

Postby mgormez » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:03 am

Mary Edmunds wrote:Also the leafletting that happened at the school's open days, In what way did that constructively help your cause to find recompense about past offences?

I don't know who was leafleting but obviously that person felt St. James was not up front about its ideology and close ties with a Hindu based cult and wanted to warn prospective parents.

And that person is right, the school and School are still in denial and withhold vital information, thereby robbing parents of an informed consent.

Don't you believe parents have a right to all the information before they trust their children in the hands of other people? I am of the opinon that parents have that right.

So get the St. James come clean, no more false statements by the governors and you have taken the wind out of the sail of that person leafleting.
Last edited by mgormez on Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Gormez

a different guest

Postby a different guest » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:13 am

mary - for the benefit of international forum members, what is St georg'es Medical School and what do you intend to study there?

mgormez

Postby mgormez » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:16 pm

sugarloaf wrote:Very few people here want to damage the school any way
Very few people ? if any ? are ?attacking? the current schools
No one wants to see current pupils negatively affected

I am wondering what the current pupils would regard as a ceasing of the perceived attack on the schools;

- erase all mentions of the schools on the same page as SES?
- close down of critical SES sites?
- this forum removed?
- when abuse is talked about, then an obligatory attached disclaimer how it all apparently has changed and that the grounds look lovely during the summer?

What would suffice?
Mike Gormez

teacher100

Postby teacher100 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:55 pm

Hello, teacher 100 here again.

I have been watching the last posts and am really delighted to see what the present and recent past pupils have to say. It really is true. The school is great and does encourage pupils to do whatever they want to do and fully supports them. As a teacher, here I am, a woman with an Engineering degree, teaching mathematics and with considerable management responsibility - in fact all the senior mangement team in the girls' school are women. I do not feel at all repressed and hope I am a good role model for girls in the school.

In response to sugarloaf - I think it was - I would say that I do think that it would be good to have non-SES members in the Governors, simply because I think we should have the very best Governors we can for the school. We would definitely benefit from the experience of other educational professionals. However any Governors there are, whether in SES or not must be sympathetic with the ethos of the school as it currently is.

I think personally whether Governors resign is a matter for their own conscience, I am certainly not going to be calling for anyone's resignation as the Governors have very little to do with the day to day running of the school. (as Mary mentioned). I think people need to realise that generally, and this is true of all schools, Governors have only been involved in policy matters, staffing and the running of the schools in the last 10 years. Previously Governors were more honorary in their role and really acted in an advisory capacity. As to their knowledge of what was happening in the school, they relied on the head teacher to tell them, and would be aware only of as little or as much as was passed on. This was totally normal.

I also think non-SES staff should be welcomed into the school and there already are many in the Senior Girls' School already. I am afraid to say that I know of one case where a teacher has withdrawn their application for a post in the school after reading this website, so I think
it is damaging the school. If they had come to visit the school they would not have been able to reconcile what they saw and what they had read, but unfortunately it never got that far.

My point is that we want the best possible teachers for the school and if this site puts teachers off who are not connected with the school, it is harming current pupils, because they may not have access to the very best - and - SES does not have all the answers, so I would like to see a good balance, but I would not like the ethos of the school to change as it is a great atmosphere to work in and there are many pupils like Mary who do enjoy it - and I know Mary - she would not say she like something if she didn't. If you genuinely want the best for current pupils, please visit the schools and speak to people, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

TTFN

teacher 100

p.s. MM - I agree the school is not for everyone - but if you like what is offered, it is a great school. Some of my friends wouldn't send there children here, but they wouldn't send them to a faith school either. I think if you don't like it it is probably better to take them away, as you will have nagging doubts until you do. Having said that, as a teacher here I genuinely don't think you have anything to worry about. Incidentally in the FT top 1000 schools St James Senior Girls' School came 20th in the country. Given that we are not selective (except a bit for new 11+ entrants if they really couldn't keep up) I think that's pretty good going!

The O

Postby The O » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:51 pm

Ok, where do I start, I honestly have no idea. 1st off, I would like to make the point that we have work to do for school, we do not have all day to sit here and debate with you all, even to we might want to. #Fadeing color

1. "This isn't just about truth. This is about revenge"

NO COMMENT

2. The SES does not actively influence the school in any way despite many of the staff being members, they are all intelligent people and can think for themselves, they are not brainwashed.

3. I see the leafleting as wrong, did they have a right to do that? I think not. You should all remember that misrepresentation is a crime, as is slander. Much of what was written is false, or only partially true. People talk about the SES as if they've been there their whole lives. They don't know enough about the SES to make such extreme judgements about it.

4. The school are not in denial, as I don't think as far that they've made a statement as far.

5. The School's ethos has changed somewhat over the 12 years I have been in the school. I have noticed this mostly since Mr Boddy has come in. This, I believe is a change for the better. The teachings are not primarily based on Eastern Teachings as you are all seem keen to point out, but are in fact based on many other sources, philosophers and truths, such as Plato, who's writings, I hasten to add is one of the underlying features in our society. Other sources include Rumi, the mystic poet that sells more than Shakespeare, Also Aristotle, and even modern philosophers have been a topic of debate in philosophy sessions, such as Prof. Dawkins theory of religions.

6. MGormez, I believe that the
Quote:
ceasing of the perceived attack on the schools
would only happen when you stop involving us in what you are saying. My attention was drawn to this site wen I heard that what was being said on this site about us was completely untrue. Why should we take this? I say it again, we have done nothing wrong, much of what happens is that you criticise us, ridicule us and on occasions rudely, yet we have done nothing wrong, all we have done is stand up for what we believe in! What is so wrong about that? When we have come up with good coherent arguments, many have stooped down to criticising grammar and spelling, what impression does this give to us of you? I'll tell you, these people call us brainwashed, we clearly show that we are not, ad yet they cannot come up with a proper coherent argument to counter ours, doesn't this say that you might be the ones brainwashed, you are the ones that cannot accept anything we say without trying demeaning us.

There is so much more that I can comment on, but shant. I would just like to ask if you could private message me, as I would like to talk to you one on one. It would be a hell of a lot easier that way. If you ask em questions about the ethos of the school, how I've understood it, you may come out with different opinions. I still cannot believe that you went hwo ever loong it was without realising "what you were exposing your kids to."

Peace
Theo Gould

a different guest

Postby a different guest » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:10 pm

have been watching the last posts and am really delighted to see what the present and recent past pupils have to say

What a bizarre statement Teacher100. So were you 'delighted' to read of past pupils experiences of being caned when they were 4 years old? Were you "delighted" to read of the emotional and psychological abuse of a female student with a minor disability?

As to the posts of the current students - were you 'delighted' by the fact that many of them come across as being conceited, arrogant, compassionless and bullying? Were you "delighted" that some of their best times at school involved getting pissed and stealing golf buggies?

And TheO - are you posting that same stuff in every thread?

Like I said elsewhere, no-one WAS talking about you.

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:56 pm

YES ADG, thats exactly what she meant! All these years at the girl's school and she must be a sadist! Just would'nt work out any other way would it!

You are silly are'nt you!
This my friends is a perfectly good example of the low level, sick, obviously disturbed phsychi typical to a minoroty of these posters. You call us insensitive, arrogant blah blah blah....yet you are intent on taking a perfectly innocent statement and twisting it to the author's demise! Shame on you!

If, your vision is so clouded by your vindictiveness and immorality allow me to explain...

So were you 'delighted' to read of past pupils

WRONG the quote was:
am really delighted to see what the present and recent past pupils have to say

There is a fundamental difference, for which you owe an appology!
Just for your information, the understanding I have, as a clear thinking individual, of the term 'recent past pupils' are the remarks made by individuals such as james and mary. Why would any one in their right mind say what you wrongfully quoted teacher100 of!!!!
Shame on you!

Sam xox[/b]
thats old now, like me, only 4 weeks to go!!!!!
"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education"

The O

Postby The O » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:59 pm

Haha, I meant to post it on this one, but somehow it got on the other 1, I'm not sure how.
Theo Gould

james

Postby james » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:03 am

ADG

I really like how you read peoples posts, then take the most negative thing you can find in there, or what you consider negative, and then quote something out of context, before posting your lovely argument.

Teacher 100's full quote was:

"I have been watching the last posts and am really delighted to see what the present and recent past pupils have to say. It really is true. The school is great and does encourage pupils to do whatever they want to do and fully supports them."

This means he/she was talking about the posts ON THIS THREAD none of which contain any stories of children being caned at 4 or of the physiological abuse of a disabled child. Not that im saying these things didn?t happen its just they are not talked about in this thread.

This thread seems pretty positive and light hearted too me and both past and present pupils are debating in a sensible way. Maybe with the exception of theO who seems intent on causing argument?

Oh and by the way the golf buggy occasion occurred while at a youth week with the SES not St James. My best moment in St James was on the top of a 4000meter + peak in the Italian alps, it was such a feeling of accomplishment, I felt lucky that I was there and that St James offered these kind of trips. That, or winning the section attack competition on cadet camp. Hell yeh!
Im in a cult? You think? Don't worry the spaceships will be coming soon.

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:08 am

SECTION ATTACK

HELLLL YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Big up 239 Section 2005!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BRRRRAPPPPPPP!!!!

:fadein: :evilbat: :black:
Sam xox

james

Postby james » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:13 am

Just to let you know 239 is the schools cadet detachment.
239 PARA ACF

So im in a cult am I, you think? Don't worry, the spaceships are coming soon.

a different guest

Postby a different guest » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:15 am

your vindictiveness and immorality

Flaming again I see Sam

for which you owe an appology!

So the person who has in other threads point blank stated that they will refuse to apologise, now calls on another to do so? Sam get a dictionary and look up the word "hypocrite".

My best moment in St James was on the top of a 4000meter + peak in the Italian alps,

In the climbing club are we James? How come the Girls school doesn't have a climbing club? No, they get to do "fun" things in the classical society like
We make models, decorate timelines, fill in scrap books, visit plays and places, and watch videos relevant to a project.

Ever heard of a thing called a "gender equity policy"?

Now excuse me, I have a timeline I need to rush off and decorate.

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:20 am

ADG, end of argument.

The girls and fun things....

For MANY years, the girsl school has had an outdoor persuits unit called the 'Challengers' Just to give you an idea of what they get up to, they have been to the alps, they have been to the Brecon Beacons, as have the boys, they have been abroad, they are coming PARACHUTING with us cadets in 2 weeks time! They have been jumping MORE THAN THE CADETS! If equality is what your after, then you got it mate! (sticks tongue out)

Sam xox

james

Postby james » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:21 am

PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT THING OF WHICH YOU HAVE NO IDEA!
The girl?s school does have a climbing club! It is called the challengers and they do far more trips than the boys, they too have done many Alps trips, the boys go on one one year and the girls the next. So each gender has a trip every other year.

Coming out with statements like that is exactly what gets people angry. Please apologies for posting false, misinformed information.
I have apologised for doing the same in the past.

a different guest

Postby a different guest » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:32 am

so there IS gender equity.

OK, when do you lads get to do some scrapbooking?

Return to “St James and St Vedast”