Childrens' Day schools

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
a different guest

Childrens' Day schools

Postby a different guest » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:33 am

In the "melbourne" thread Celia wrote

On much discussion here I would like to say that what I want from this website is for day schools and all other classes held (and there are many under different names as people on this website have researched) to state in their prospectus their affiliation with the School of Economic Science, School of Philosophy or whatever the body is behind their core values. Then prospective parents and children wil have the liberty to research the organisation on websites such as this, and its history

Only trouble is Celia, as has been discussed on another thread, net searching for the SES (SOP/SOPP/SoES) does not nesessarily elicite many good search results.

What they really need to do is state their affiliation, and for the SES (aka etc. etc.) to be upfront about what their belief systems is and cut out this 'best of east and west" airy fairy crap their site propound!

But it is a bit much maybe to expect a basically secretive cult to be so open about what they beleive in.

It is obvious the various children's schools follow the doctrine (even if current pupils don't see that) - but parents deserve to be made aware. They just don't know what they are signing their kids up for (and posts from CURRENT parents attest to this).

concerned-parent

Postby concerned-parent » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:16 am

a different guest

Postby a different guest » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:31 am

Hmmm, no mention of "disabled people brought this on themselves from a previous life" here.

No mention about beliefs about homosexuality either.

and what's this???
there is encouragement to develop emotional strength, intellectual clarity and creative fluidity.

Hardly demonstrated by postings from current pupils.

Meanwhile, check what they teach 10 year old girls in Sydney

When I obey instantly what anybody asks of me, I feel light and happy."

Spooky.

a different guest

Postby a different guest » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:36 am

ooh just found THIS gem on the JC school site

Courtesy is important (and increasingly rare) on public transport. If you are sitting, you should offer your seat to a lady.

Hmm, under NSW PT rules, all school concession holders are actually required to give up their seat (if needed) to ANY full fare paying adult (gender not stipulated).

concerned-parent

Postby concerned-parent » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:07 pm

a different guest wrote:Hmmm, no mention of "disabled people brought this on themselves from a previous life" here.

No mention about beliefs about homosexuality either.

I don't know. I can't see anything about either of those in the school curriculum on the website. Perhaps you could ask the current pupils about whether they are taught these?

Free Thinker

Postby Free Thinker » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:24 am

Sam admitted to being taught that disabled people brought it on themselves in another thread, having been told it by Mr. Boddy.

As someone with many long-term health problems, who works exclusively with children with disabilities, I obviously have some pretty strong feelings about that matter, and about someone who believes such a thing.

Can I honestly say that I think that someone who believes that has no business teaching children? Yes.

Justice

Children's Day Schools

Postby Justice » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:41 am

Which thread was that?

I would be interested to see it. Thanks.

a different guest

Re: Children's Day Schools

Postby a different guest » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:11 am

Justice! wrote:Which thread was that?

I would be interested to see it. Thanks.

Justice - you seem to have a lot of spare time, why not use the search function and find it for yourself?

Return to “St James and St Vedast”