ST JAMES AND LOVE

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
Zathura

ST JAMES AND LOVE

Postby Zathura » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:19 pm

I know many people who loved Debenham.

Is this statement propoganda?

Not for me.

I love the guy.

Propoganda no. My personal opinion yes.

Feeling sorry for all the 'abused' guys.

Not particularly.

I had a hard time getting over St James. I didn't however join a support group who fed and still feeds off each other's like minded exagerations and on this very site and on Anti S.E.S first as practise got together a communal halucination.

Is this true. I don't know. What I do feel is there is 60% exageration going on with all St James victims. I have experienced all the f ups in life mentioned. I almost commited suicide. But this had f all to do with anyone but me and personal circumstances at the time.

Is life hard and shit disregarding St James

YES

Snowman

Re: ST JAMES AND LOVE

Postby Snowman » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:31 pm

Zathura wrote:Feeling sorry for all the 'abused' guys.

Not particularly.

I had a hard time getting over St James. I didn't however join a support group who fed and still feeds off each other's like minded exagerations and on this very site and on Anti S.E.S first as practise got together a communal halucination.

Is this true. I don't know. What I do feel is there is 60% exageration going on with all St James victims. I have experienced all the f ups in life mentioned. I almost commited suicide. But this had f all to do with anyone but me and personal circumstances at the time.

I have never used an expletive on this BB before but I feel that there is just cause for one here.

How fucking dare you demean the courageous testimony and personal trauma that people have suffered and related on this BB.

I am genuinely concerned for your mental health the more I read from you. You obviously have experienced some pretty disturbing things in your life, so to be so fucking insensitive is just unbelievable.

What the fuck does 60% exaggeration mean, anyway? That a board duster was only thrown at 40% of the velocity than was claimed; or that 5 strokes of the cane from Mr Debenham was actually 3; or that the peer-humiliation meeted out was only 40% as vicious and vindictive as has been claimed?

Please be more sensitive to the readers and users of this BB - I don't want you to leave the discussion and I don't want you to stop posting but I do ant you to be careful, please.

Zathura

Postby Zathura » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:37 pm

I'm glad I wound you up. I don't feel responsible and am perfectly entitled to a view. Infact I am unaffected either way by your reaction to my view and feel my feelings are as valid as yours. I certainly, oh my god, oh my god, don't feel like using an expletive.

How dare you 'how dare you' me. Up yours

bella

Postby bella » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:16 am

So...is this just a rant site now? Looking at the combined efforts of Justice and Zathura on the first page, it's not looking too appealing. Kinda scary, actually.

mgormez

Postby mgormez » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:30 am

bella wrote:So...is this just a rant site now? Looking at the combined efforts of Justice and Zathura on the first page, it's not looking too appealing. Kinda scary, actually.

Yes, it is sad. But Daffy has taken action and if Justice keeps his quota up then he can sit next to Zathura for all I care. One MS was enough and the experience will haunt me te rest of my life. No need for another episode.

Bella, here's the post of Daffy
http://www.whyaretheydead.net/phpBB2/vi ... .php?t=466
Mike Gormez

bella

Postby bella » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:31 am

Cheers, Mike - Daffy too.

Free Thinker

Postby Free Thinker » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:52 am

Thanks Mike and Daffy. I feared it was going to come to something like this, and then people will accuse us of "censorship" and of not wanting to hear "the other side" but, oh well! Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

I don't know that I would have ever been able to get to where I am in my personal growth and life if I hadn't been able to discuss issues here without all the crap that is going on now. And if the board looked like it does now when I originally read it, I would have been very much turned away.

Stanton

Postby Stanton » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:30 am

Thank you Daffy. Can you confirm that Shout also got the same treatment some time back?

Daffy

Postby Daffy » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:56 am

Stanton wrote:Thank you Daffy. Can you confirm that Shout also got the same treatment some time back?

Shout is not banned, just sitting indefinitely on one yellow card. We thought he might be another alias of Matt Stollar, but he wasn't.

daska

Postby daska » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:35 pm

Looking at quotas it was pointed out to me that I'm in the top ten - I thought that was scary until I realised that I've been here 13 months and average about 10 a month, not so bad I realise, especially considering how much I've worked through in the meantime.

Sam Hyde's been here 10 days and already notched up 117 posts! Does he not want to pass his A levels? I guess he must have an unconditional offer for uni.

Am tempted to suggest that Sam ought to 'get a life'.

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:01 pm

LOL!!! No I don't have an unconditional offer, as much as I could do with one. Just I have had a lot to say thats all. Anyway as more mates and girls come on I will let them take over the forefront of our aims as I return to gimp over the books!

Sam xox
thats old now, like me, only 4 weeks to go!!!!!
"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education"

james

Postby james » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:51 pm

What is going on!

It seems what started out as a group of recent ex, and soon to depart pupils of St James putting forward some much needed positive support for St James has gone out of control!

Guys (and girls!) we started well, being gentle, understanding and not insulting, but it seems that we have been dragged down. If we are going to put forward our argument we have to listen to other peoples.

We can't go round saying we don't give a damn about the awfull experiences of pupils before us. Please use some sense, by doing this were only digging ourselves a very big hole, people will just stop listening to us, if they havn't allready!
Thanks

Ps. I got an unconditional!
Im in a cult? You think? Don't worry the spaceships will be coming soon.

nilsabm

Postby nilsabm » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:12 pm

Well said James.

I admire you for standing up for your school. I don't have a problem with that. I am glad that you also recognise the concerns of the ex pupils too. I noticed in an earlier thread that you actually thought that those members of the school who were responsible for the past abuses should be reprimanded, and that any links to the SES should be made more transparent. I hope you don't mind, but I will post the quote on the reconciliation thread I started. It might help get the ball rolling there again.

Congrats on the unconditional offer by the way. What subject(s) and where (if that's not too nosey)?

N.

Tom Grubb

Postby Tom Grubb » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:17 pm

Good post, James!

I support robust debate on this forum, but debate is also about listening carefully and responding intelligently. We should welcome differing viewpoints and we should be careful to engage with the arguments that people put forward. Making personal insults against those whose arguments we don't like simply weakens our own arguments. The issues discussed on this forum arouse great passion but let's make a little room for logic.

Tom

non-conformist

Postby non-conformist » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:46 pm

Hear hear!!

Thank you for the voice of reason at last.

n-c

Return to “St James and St Vedast”