An SES member says: it's time for an SES apology

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
chittani

Postby chittani » Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:39 am

Justice,

Insults aside ... you didn't answer my question.

Folks, I'm not going to respond to 'Justice' again until he/she gives some indication of why he/she has a stake in any of this.

No representation without taxation, 'Justice'.

Stanton

Postby Stanton » Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:45 am

Justice! has been asked repeatedly over a period of time to introduce himself and has failed to do so. You can draw your own conclusions.

Justice

An SES member says: Its time for an apology

Postby Justice » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:58 am

Chittani Said:
Justice,

Insults aside ... you didn't answer my question.

Perhaps you would care to explain how you find it insulting that I have drawn attention to a family who have been ripped apart by their involvement with the SES?

Chittani went on to say:
Folks, I'm not going to respond to 'Justice' again until he/she gives some indication of why he/she has a stake in any of this.

No representation without taxation, 'Justice'.

I think this is yet another good example of the cold blooded attitude expressed by so many SES members. Also, I wont be bullied into revealing my identity, so please stop trying.

mgormez

Re: An SES member says: Its time

Postby mgormez » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:27 pm

Justice! wrote:If the SES and St. James told the WHOLE TRUTH about their REAL agenda then there wouldnt be a problem........ because they wouldnt have any takers!

Don't be to sure about that. There are some pretty weird (UFO) cults out there and contrary to SES they are upfront about their beliefs and have plenty of members.

The weirdness might even attract more people into SES, to "check it out". And lets not forget that mainstream religions make some bold statements like rising from the death or flying on a horse to heaven. Unproven as they may be, many hundreds of millions of people hold those beliefs as true.

Or more recently, the debate over "Intelligent Design". The BBC reported this year: "Just under half of Britons accept the theory of evolution as the best description for the development of life"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4648598.stm
Mike Gormez

bella

Postby bella » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:51 pm

I'm curious what the WHOLE TRUTH and REAL AGENDA entail, for Justice. But yeah, crazy people believe in crazy stuff all the time, so don't write off SES as fairweather friends - they're just as likely to stick with insanity as their point of reference as anybody else. Thanks, Mike.

Justice

An SES Member says: Its time for an SES apology

Postby Justice » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:21 pm

I said:

If the SES and St. James told the WHOLE TRUTH about their REAL agenda then there wouldnt be a problem........ because they wouldnt have any takers!

To which mgormez replied:
Don't be to sure about that. There are some pretty weird (UFO) cults out there and contrary to SES they are upfront about their beliefs and have plenty of members.

The weirdness might even attract more people into SES, to "check it out". And lets not forget that mainstream religions make some bold statements like rising from the death or flying on a horse to heaven. Unproven as they may be, many hundreds of millions of people hold those beliefs as true.

OK, fair comment.

If people are psychologically disturbed before they enter a cult, then even the most strongly worded ?Government Health Warning? may not deter them.

But in the case of intelligent, educated people without any psychological problems who have a genuine interest in philosophy and DON?T want to be indoctrinated into a Mind Control Cult, knowing the full facts about the School of Economic Science before they enroll would make 99.9% of people run a mile!

AntonR

Postby AntonR » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:24 pm

Post deleted
Last edited by AntonR on Wed May 17, 2006 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

bella

Postby bella » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:24 pm

Not sure if you overlooked my request for clarification on the WHOLE TRUTH and REAL AGENDA, Justice, but I'm asking again. What are they, to your knowledge?

Or was "mind control cult, indoctrination" the basic gist of your objective, straightforward assessment? Hardly going to get that on a website, are you?

Justice

An SES member says: Its time for an SES apology

Postby Justice » Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:51 pm

Bella said:

Not sure if you overlooked my request for clarification on the WHOLE TRUTH and REAL AGENDA, Justice, but I'm asking again. What are they, to your knowledge?

Or was "mind control cult, indoctrination" the basic gist of your objective, straightforward assessment? Hardly going to get that on a website, are you?

You are quite right Bella. Pigs will fly before the SES ever tell the public the truth concerning what SES membership involves until they are heavily indoctrinated, by which time it is too late.

This type of deception is common to most destructive mind control cults.

chittani

Postby chittani » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:20 pm

'Justice' doesn't have realistic aims. Why would s/he? What 'Justice' enjoys is turning up the emotional heat, and then watching the pretty flames. Finding a realistic solution would be much less fun.

You see how these people can side-track a discussion?

But let's not get dragged down. I believe the SES is capable of reform. A lot of reform has quietly been going on for the past decade. Not yet enough, of course, but plenty of encouraging signs are there.

- New emphasis on family (you get supported if you need to be at home instead of on a weekend, instead of emotionally blackmailed);
- greater openness (for example the Inquiry - not ideal, again, but a positive step);
- encouragement to debate and question things (again, not enough, but progress);
- new philosophy material that's impressively clear and transparent and jargon-free (not all my peers agree with me on that one);
- advertising in some branches that even says the School refers to Advaita Vedanta;
- School events with non-School speakers are becoming increasingly common.

There's still a long way to go, but really it's about a change of attitude, and when that 'tipping point' is reached everything else will follow. That's the way I see it.

I don't know if the people who testified at the Inquiry, or others that bear scars from the past, can see any value in that. If not, let me know.

I'll quietly get on with doing what I can, but if you're not interested I won't post here again. This is your web site after all, not mine.

Free Thinker

Postby Free Thinker » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:23 pm

Chittani - please continue to post here. We are interested. I think that generally you'll find that those with the most vested interest in the whole affair are very interested and open. Those on the periphery are not.

Justice

Postby Justice » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:56 pm

Chittani wrote:
'Justice' doesn't have realistic aims. Why would s/he? What 'Justice' enjoys is turning up the emotional heat, and then watching the pretty flames. Finding a realistic solution would be much less fun.

The realistic aims I share with many other people, both on and off this Bulletin Board, are to expose the deception and dangers of the School of Economic Science, and to warn people to think twice about involvement with them or their schools.

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:40 pm

Chittani, carefull, if you speak out against Justice!, you might just get banned! EEEK!
That's a hello from me by the way, IM BACK!!!!!

Sam xox
ps: Jay I loved your work, and MM, the picture of that 'student' reading THE TIMES, whats so bad about that? His name is Lorenzo, a great friend of mine. You might even see me up there soon......if I can get to my stylists before Easter hols, lol.

Love you all.
thats old now, like me, only 4 weeks to go!!!!!
"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education"

mm-

Postby mm- » Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:52 pm

Sam,

MM, the picture of that 'student' reading THE TIMES, whats so bad about that?

I think you'll find you're blaming the wrong person for that comment.

In answer to your question though, I don't have a problem with the picture of your friend Lorenzo, I just have a problem with the organisation that controls your school.

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:56 pm

hehehe ok soz if it wasnt you, lol Im not going to reply to your previous comment. This is the new revised version of me! Childish banter will not be indulged upon, for I am enlightened.
:angel:

Sam xox
ps: Wheres my welcome back card! ?
thats old now, like me, only 4 weeks to go!!!!!

"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education"

Return to “St James and St Vedast”