WATCH CHANNEL 4 NEWS TONIGHT AT 7.00PM (TUESDAY 14TH MARCH)

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
ses-surviver

Postby ses-surviver » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:36 pm

mgormez wrote:
sugarloaf wrote:Good quote but debenham got their first: as in his 1989 newspaper interview: quote ? heavy metal leads to drug taking?.

In the defense of Debenham, perhaps he was alluding to heavy metal intoxication with lead, mercury, iron, copper, manganese, cadmium, arsenic, nickel, aluminum, silver, and beryllium. :black:

Well I was listening to heavy rock before I joined the school, during the early years I was in the school (even skipped group to see Van Halen, AC/DC and Rush amongst others) and since I left the school. I'm still listening to it now (I'm 46). I've never taken drugs (though someone did spike my drink with 'E' once).

The 'metal' fans I know, don't partake of anything beyond cigarettes and alcohol.

Alban

Postby Alban » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:53 pm

I heard that metal fans don't take drugs because it's a near-impossible task to light a spliff when your head is banging up and down 140 times a minute. :crazyeyes:

Alban

chittani

Postby chittani » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:20 pm

Well done to all the people who spoke on the documentary. Seems pretty fair and balanced, and that's what will work in the end.

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:26 pm

OMG!!! forget the sri shanky charlie.......I PRAY TO Axel Rose and Angus Young EVERY DAY!!!! they are my idols!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh and slash!
They inspired me to play guitar, which I have been doing for approx 4 years now! I LOVE IT!

Sam xox
thats old now, like me, only 4 weeks to go!!!!!
"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education"

Jo-Anne Morgan

Postby Jo-Anne Morgan » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:55 am

I've just watched the Channel 4 report from the link and I feel incensed.

Boddy's contribution was nothing but a load of weasel words. 'May have occurred', may have occurred?? Has occurred, you shyster. 'Overzealous'? Good God.

Hearing the accounts of cruelty was even worse than reading about them on this website. Children were abused in a manner reminiscent of a Victorian workhouse and all Boddy can do is drivel on about a potter and clay. He should be taken out and shot along with the abusing teachers and the governors in post at the time.

a different guest

Postby a different guest » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:16 am

Hi Jo-anne - what is your story re the SES and the schools?

mgormez

Postby mgormez » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:33 pm

I understand the sentiments and usually I expect everyone to know for him/herself what to post but please everybody, talk about hurting people -even if you never hurt a fly- coupled with recent anti-terror measures as introduced by various governments can bring on a heap of trouble.
Mike Gormez

Keir

Postby Keir » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:11 pm

I totally understand Jo-Anne's frustration.

You just about get to the point where you calm down after hearing a testimony and then some silly sod goes and shows you how out of the loop they are and it makes you angry all over again.

I take it that they do want the posting to stop?

Please, somebody, tell them to listen more and speak less. It would be a tremendous help to both of us.

sparks

Postby sparks » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:40 am

Mike, at the risk of ending up in Belmarsh awaiting extradition (or is that rendition) to Guantanamo Im going to quote Jo-Anne

Jo-Anne Morgan wrote:Children were abused in a manner reminiscent of a Victorian workhouse and all Boddy can do is drivel on about a potter and clay. He should be taken out and shot along with the abusing teachers and the governors in post at the time.

A little stong but I share your sentiment!

By the way anyone who missed the potter analogy may wish to see it repeated in print and pictures on the schools' website at http://www.stjamesschools.co.uk/v2/boys ... out-11.htm

Watch Channel 4 special report at http://www.channel4.com/news/special-re ... sp?id=1946

chittani

Postby chittani » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:00 am

Sparks & Jo-Anne

May I agree with Mike here?

A couple of months back I was in my office when the news came through that a man suspected of being a backpack bomber had been shot 7 times in the head on Stockwell Tube. My colleague (a person I had previously found to be a calm and reasonable person) began ranting about what a good thing it was, 'time we did something', 'they have it too easy' etc etc. I said, "What if it was the wrong man?" but she was off.

Can't you see that your remarks are just playing into the hands of those that want to write you off as 'hardened activists'? You're doing all you can to confirm their worst suspicions and prejudices. Don't think they don't read what you write.

Think before you click 'submit'.

Stanton

Postby Stanton » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:15 am

I hope I may remind us that we are all in the human race together. Understanding will never flourish if it becomes 'us' and 'them'. Anger is too easy.

Tom Grubb

Postby Tom Grubb » Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:14 pm

Just thought I'd point out that the Channel 4 News report on St James/SES is number 2 in the top 10 video clips for the week commencing 12th March: http://www.channel4.com/news/video/top_clips.html

Free

Postby Free » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:06 pm

<delete>
Last edited by Free on Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tom Grubb

Postby Tom Grubb » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:38 pm

It's slipped a bit but it's still in the top 10!
http://www.channel4.com/news/video/top_clips.html

NYC

Postby NYC » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:23 pm

This is the headline..."Abuse at 'cult' school" and the logline is:
"Channel 4 News investigates abuse suffered by pupils at two private schools it is claimed is run by a cult."

What is with the frigging passive voice? WHO claims the school is run by a cult? Channel 4? the former students?

I'm having a lynne truss moment....
Attended Parts 1,2, & 3 and a Plato study group in the NY adult school 2004 - 2005. Also explored advaita philosphy in other organizations since 1995, and continue to do so.

Return to “St James and St Vedast”