Apology? Contrition? Responsibility? - Boddy & SES on C4

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
Free Thinker

Postby Free Thinker » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:11 am

Shucks!

AntonR

Postby AntonR » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:29 am

Post deleted
Last edited by AntonR on Wed May 17, 2006 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

bella

Postby bella » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:56 am

Good grief.

If Justice can do more than wave a red flag around and then run away, I'd be as interested as the next person in what s/he has to say, especially on the topic of SES members brushing up on hypnosis to indoctrinate people. At the moment, however, I don't have a problem with parodying the sentiment of "I know, and that's all YOU need to know" that Justice is favouring. It seems - as Stanton said - to be mirroring the attitude that garners so much criticism here for the SES.

Thanks, but I'll take my chances on the litigation angle.
Last edited by bella on Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Free Thinker

Postby Free Thinker » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:35 am

Anton - you are joking, yes? Because Bella and I certainly are.

Edited to add: Perhaps some thing that we shouldn't be joking around here. I guess we should have learned from the Tim Tams situation.

But sometimes one has to have some humor in a difficult scenario.

Especially when someone who simply refuses to explain his position or interest in our BB continually posts really aggressive things about what we should do. I was the one who originally requested Justice to introduce himself in a thread, and my request still stands.

Hey Mike, can we get some more smilies so that we can better express our emotions with the posts? That way Bella could have used a roll eyes or a silly tongue to show her intent.

a different guest

Postby a different guest » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:48 am

Yeh, the smilies on this board suck :eggface:

AntonR

Postby AntonR » Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:42 am

Post deleted
Last edited by AntonR on Wed May 17, 2006 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Free Thinker

Postby Free Thinker » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:19 am

Anton - you are right. Things these days are not good in terms of "free" speech.

So, for the record, Bella has no tape recording or any other info of Justice! doing the Macarena with a lampshade on his head. I have no plans to buy such tape from her. I just liked the idea of watching someone dance to that song with such an object on his head.

Also for the record, a statement like his about the intentional hypnosis is far more litigatable than what we've said, so like Bella, I'm not too worried.

I've been very affected by my years in the school but even I don't think there's any intentional hypnosis or brainwashing going on.

mgormez

Postby mgormez » Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:43 am

Free Thinker wrote:Hey Mike, can we get some more smilies so that we can better express our emotions with the posts? That way Bella could have used a roll eyes or a silly tongue to show her intent.

Done! :roll: :-P

(customer satisfaction is my middle name) 8)
Last edited by mgormez on Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Gormez

a different guest

Postby a different guest » Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:50 am

*rushes back to check out the new smilies*

:popcorn:

*looking looking*

ooh goody - my favourite is here!

:|

Don't misinterpret, that IS my favourite! :D

chittani

Postby chittani » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:02 am

Bella, FT et al

I think your instincts might be spot on here about 'Justice!' Maybe not, after all, the knight in shining armour ...

Here's an attempt at identikit picture (sorry Mike, the smilies aren't doing it yet for me):

- someone with a history in St James or the School?
- someone whose primary aim is to personally profit from a law suit?
- someone who would be embarrassed by identification?
- someone who might be more mixed up in all of this than they would like to admit to the complainants?

I sense a tremendous irony just over the horizon.

It might even raise a laugh from Anton. Now that would be a happy occasion.

Planet

Re: Apology? Contrition? Responsibility? - Boddy & SES o

Postby Planet » Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:28 pm

sparks wrote:Channel 4 report on St James:

The following are the entire interviews (the sections that were broadcast) with David Boddy and Graham Skelcey. What they had to say begs a few questions....

David Boddy on the nature of the abuse at St James?
?There is a balance in any good education of love and reason and of love and discipline and I think perhaps there were occasions when teachers were rather over zealous in trying to apply that balance?

Well anyone (e.g.the former headmaster) who among other things can cane two whole forms of pupils in an afternoon for some minor infraction guilty or otherwise could be described as a bit more than just "overzelous". I'm not sure where the love or reason was in that. It does annoy me to see the current headmaster make such feeble statements on television. Obviously he doen't want to frighten current parents which could be understandable to some.

Return to “St James and St Vedast”