TIME TO CALL IN THE LAWYERS TO SUE SES AND / OR ST.JAMES??

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
Justice

TIME TO CALL IN THE LAWYERS TO SUE SES AND / OR ST.JAMES??

Postby Justice » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:48 pm

Considering how many people there are who have suffered physical and / or psychological/mental abuse at the hands of St.James/SES "Criminal" child abusers, I would be interested to know how many ex-pupil victims would like to explore the possibility of seeking compensation, using perhaps, no-win , no fee lawyers?

The SES have already tried to prevent such actions by attempting to brand anyone who would like to pursue such a path as " vindictive" which is typical cult bullying.

If anyone is interested, then perhaps they would like to use this thread to discuss the idea.

If you use the Search Engine Google to look for such lawyers using the search term:

'class action lawyers uk no win no fee'

you will find plenty of potential firms of lawyers willing to help.

It may be the case that you have no interest in financial compensation, and that is perfectly understandable. But, in order to bring about real and lasting changes at St. James, including the possibility of a TOTAL SEPERATION between the SES and St. James, legal action may be the only course of action to take.

Perhaps the 'Parents and Pupils Action Group' would like to comment on this?

concerned-parent

Postby concerned-parent » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:29 pm

Perhaps you would care to actually take the time to read through the posts and testimonies on this forum by the people who suffered. It would be a small courtesy on your part to do so.

Then perhaps you might be in a position to offer help or advice. Until then, reflect that your agenda may only be serving yourself.

Justice

Postby Justice » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:37 pm

Dear Concerned-parent,

I respect your opinion but I know of others who feel very differently.

Free Thinker

Postby Free Thinker » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:15 am

That may be so, Justice, but given the number and variety of people who have asked you to be more specific about your aims, here, it's unlikely that you are speaking for many of us.

NYC

Postby NYC » Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:49 pm

Alban wrote:Let me state for the record that I have no intention of claiming compensation.

If the schools did have a sudden change of heart (yeah right) and decide to try to make ammends financially for the suffering they caused then I think any money should go to a real charity such as Children in Need.

Alban
[url]
http://www.whyaretheydead.net:/phpBB2/v ... 3&start=45[/url]

later on the same thread, "TIME FOR A FUL S.E.S. INQUIRY"

Tom Grubb wrote:I totally agree with Alban's position regarding compensation.

Jellybaby

Time to call in the lawyers?

Postby Jellybaby » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:13 pm

There have been numerous successful actions taken in Ireland
over the last few years against teachers, particularly from religious institutions, by former pupils who suffered physical, emotional and sexual abuse at their hands.

Ben W

More discussion required

Postby Ben W » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:32 am

I think this is an important thread.

I believe that this site is primarily about sharing experiences and moving towards reconciliation.

I am very concerned that involving lawyers will polarise the various groups represented here.

However it may be unavoidable. One can safely assume that SES and St James are being advised by lawyers and that this is largely the reason for the lack of (or hedged) response to the report.

If one side is seeking legal advice, then in time all sides will.

What other views are there here?
Child member of SES from around 1967 to around 1977; Strongly involved in Sunday Schools ; Five brothers and sisters went to ST V and St J in the worst years

ross nolan

legal action

Postby ross nolan » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:57 am

Justice!

As you would know this subject has been raised a number of times and yet nobody has shown any inclination to actually want to remove the source of the problem. I do not think that your reading every testimony would alter anything in regards to the aspect of taking legal actions (only to confirm the neccesity of doing so if recurrences of such suffering are to be positively prevented )

My comments about not being pressured to 'out' yourself are worth repeating again -- if you reveal yourself you might well find that you will be 'set upon' and your personal life tried to be used against you (even if you have nothing to hide ) . I speak from experience.

The question is of WHY nobody is inclined to seek redress or to use legal means to end the free reign to not only physically abuse children but to engage in a destructive form of time wasting and mind control /life takeover that appears to have little or no redeeming features.

Real insightful courses in philosophy and Indian religion are available through university or studying books and probably non cult discussion groups (after the SOP course here broke up a seperate home study group was formed by several ex members -- 'secret cult' was also produced by one member and passed around )

Is it possible that there is a real subconcious fear of "divine retribution" of some kind (bad karma) still operative in the former members ? -- this is after all why cults and churches invented the idea of Hell, Limbo , bad reincarnation etc etc -- perfect self protection mechanisms .

Or is there some "Stockholm syndrome" at work ? -- lots of references to 'really nice' people in the movement whom we wouldn't like to hurt , would we ? This is akin to the well known "good cop, bad cop" routine used by police to get the confidence of someone being questioned -- the apparently "good" cop will appear to defend the 'suspect' against the obviously 'bad' cop who is threatening and could do anything if you were not being 'protected' by the nice one ......

The group bonding of people in a common predicament (usually being held hostage) who feel sympathy for their captors or tormentors and will actually act to protect them against "outsiders" is a well known response (from a bank hold up in Stockholm I seem to recall ) -- simulated exercises cause the same identification and protection behaviour (at least those 'in the bank' under attack have the same experience that those outside do not understand -- the attempts to brand Justice! as an "unknowing" "outsider" have a grim echo .

Remember Patty Hearst and the Symbionese liberation army ?

Anyway. There is very clearly a great reluctance to deal with an apparently criminal and highly damaging situation by the most obvious and seemingly appropriate means -- legal action on a number of grounds and possible compensation for those who have lost . I at least think that this is an anolmaly and begs an explanation .

The Jehovah's witnesses cult had a similarly suppressed level of internal misconduct that eventually got brought into the open -- see www.silentlambs.org or the quite similar (but unsuccessful) lawsuit against the Hare Krishna (Hindu) ISKRCON over child abuse in it's schools
(all previously posted )
Skeptic

Return to “St James and St Vedast”