A personal view from a parent.

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
Stanton

Postby Stanton » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:30 pm

Good reasons, yes, but why not let him do what he wants to do? It may be very important for him. We can't predict what the result of his letter will be.

daska

Postby daska » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:48 pm

This is something I need to do for myself. He did what was important for him back then.

adrasteia

Birds and bees

Postby adrasteia » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:58 am

elizabeth edmunds wrote:Then there are rumblings about sex education and girls. Here I would like to thank the course which Mrs Hyde has evolved for giving a reasonable and enlightened view which has allowed the girls to evolve a moral code and space above all not to feel coerced into relationships which they haven't thought about The ideal of one man. one woman for life is not a bad ideal, it may not be easy to find but it is a good ideal to have. This has not made them judgemental, either of themselves or others, it just serves as benchmark and I am immeasurably glad that they have it in their moral vocabulary.

Thought I might take you up on this one. I would agree that the 'Love Marriage and Sex' course as I experienced it (not so long ago) is abundant in morals, values and ambiviant ramblings, but it is very short on practical advice, which 'that' biology lesson didn't cover either. Where was the information on STDs and contraception? What about discussing different sexual orientations? How about actually covering sex itself? We never did seem to get onto that part of the course.
What do you think should be covered in this regard?

Return to “St James and St Vedast”