David Lacey

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
1980sstJ

Postby 1980sstJ » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:45 pm

Merry wrote:Find out! Contact him! ask him, call the Governors, write to them - you don't know and nor do I what he is thinking or what he has done - we speculate so much here.

Let us know how you get on, I'm sure it will inspire others to do the same.

So, a man beats up and abuses little children. For over 20 years, he does nothing to make amends. Then, when clear channels are opened up for him to make amends to or apologise to those people, he refuses to take them up. Even when some of his fellow teachers come forward and apologise, he again refuses to. Even when he is personally urged to on this forum (which is regularly monitored by the school so he will be aware) to come forward, he doesn't do so.

And yet according to you, we the victims are the vindictive ones and we should make all the running. Perhaps we should go down on our knees and beg him for an apology?

No, your argument may be well meant but it is absurd.

leon

lacey the nutcase

Postby leon » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:38 pm

Lacey once whacked me round the head very violently from behind as I walked down stairs. Nothing unusual there, St James re 1979, hurt like hell but it barely registered. However this time i had my fingers in my mouth ( i believe he hit me for eating on the stairs) and the force made me bight them really hard. It resulted a clutch of blood blisters and bruising. I showed my mother as it was a new kind of injury I was not familiar with. She confronted Lacey a few days later whereupon he said ' I didn't hit him that hard, just like this, and then slapped my mother round the face!
Woman were worth zero at St James, how dare she question him?

Ben W

Tone

Postby Ben W » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:10 am

Hi Merry,

I've not addressed you directly before so "Hello!". Although I have not read many of your postings, your voice is one which people listen to. Thank you for your kind comment.

I do want to make it clear that I did not attend St V or St J. I am here primarily as a supporter of those who did - so my intention is to compliment rather than set the tone.

I feel very strongly that honesty is the key attribute we are looking for - ie it is more important to get true feelings out on the table.

To use a musical metaphor, let's get the notes right first, before we worry about the dynamics and timbre.

What I sense more than vindictiveness is huge real and live pain. I also believe the request for David Lacey to respond here on this board is not rhetorical.

Perhaps it really would help for him to join this board and share his thoughts. It may be hard for him, but I cannot believe it will be any harder for him than for any of those young boys all those years ago facing him or knocking on Debenham's door.

Will the real David Lacey please stand up.

Best wishes,
Ben
Child member of SES from around 1967 to around 1977; Strongly involved in Sunday Schools ; Five brothers and sisters went to ST V and St J in the worst years

Merry

Postby Merry » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:42 am

Thank you Ben,

I will pm you about your last post.

Kind Regards

Patrick

Planet

Re: David Lacey

Postby Planet » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:09 am

1980sstJ wrote:What do we all think will happen to him?

What do we all think should happen to him?

I think he needs to meet face to face with those that have cause for complaint. From my recollection when he lost his temper he became unpredictable in his actions and certain very minor things seemed to cause his loss of temper which was then uncontrollable.

For myself I was lucky to avoid most of his outbursts.

PS. I do quite like that Bagpuss of Merry's
Emily's cat Bagpuss
The most Important
The most Beautiful
The most Magical
Saggy old cloth cat in the whole wide world

chrisdevere

Postby chrisdevere » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:32 am

Alban Well put. I have just posted a similar response on the thread asking if ND is mr C.

It is clear that the SES arrogance is as strong as ever within St James. It is this arrogance and allofness that has fanned the flames by reminding many of how badly they were treated, when they could have brought easy and simple closure by acknowledging the truth and being honest with themselves and their victims.
Christopher de Vere
chrisdevere@hotmail.com

Merry

Postby Merry » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:28 pm

Hi Planet,

Bagpuss was the business!

Professor Yaffle could skip a light fandango but to me the mice were just plain cool.

Bagpuss, dear Bagpuss
Old fat furry cat-puss
Wake up and look at this thing that I bring
Wake up, be bright
Be golden and light
Bagpuss, Oh hear what I sing

Better not carry on with this as Mike might get peeved - sorry Mike it's been a long week.

Merry

Postby Merry » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:41 pm

Sorry sent the same message twice
Last edited by Merry on Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stanton

Postby Stanton » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:54 pm

Mike was very helpful in directing me to a Bagpuss site when I asked about an avatar. Alas, the one I wanted with 'merry' smile and curly hat is 100 pixels. Ideas above his/her station!

Merry

Postby Merry » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:10 pm

Without getting unpleasant Stanton, there is only room for one Bagpuss on this site and that is me. Anyone trying to muscle in with an alternative Bagpuss will be tracked down and severely dealt with.

Have a lovely weekend

Patrick

Ps Would love the link to the website sometime.

xstJ

Postby xstJ » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:14 pm

Please do go to the bagpuss website where you might find a discussion forum suitable for your conversation.

This thread is about David Lacey.

Merry

Postby Merry » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:32 pm

Quite right too xstJ

Ben W

Postby Ben W » Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:48 am

Hi 1980sstJ - I note that you joined this BB around the same time I did. I didn't notice any welcomes for you - so welcome from me.

Have you posted anything on here about your experiences?

Best wishes,
Ben
Child member of SES from around 1967 to around 1977; Strongly involved in Sunday Schools ; Five brothers and sisters went to ST V and St J in the worst years

Ben W

Postby Ben W » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:55 am

Daffy / Goblinboy,

I've noticed a few comments about David Lacey in other places - e.g.

Experiences at St. Vedast (now St James) and the S.E.S.

and

PLEASE SUPPORT AN OPEN LETTER TO ST JAMES SCHOOLS

Does it make sense to consolidate all direct comments about DL in one place - ie here.

I've sent a PM to you on this also.

Ben

Daffy

Postby Daffy » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:59 am

Ben, it is not possible with this board's software (a free package called 'phpBB') to move individual posts around. We can only split a thread - i.e take the last x posts of an existing one and create a new thread.

There are plenty of things that could in theory be done to 'tidy up' the board, but we simply don't have the time. We're all in full time jobs, with families and other interests in life!

Return to “St James and St Vedast”