The story of our family and an appeal

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
BoeingDriver

Postby BoeingDriver » Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:48 am

Yes - very much so.

a different guest

Postby a different guest » Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:51 am

BD - given the way Howard seems to be sending OZ, I am seriously considering joining you! :)

Mind you, the temps look a lot cooler over there. And could I cope with people saying "fush un chups"?

*shudder*

Maybe not :D

Ben W

Postby Ben W » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:21 am

Hmmm - that's right - no vowels in NZ - would be a lot easier to translate into Sanskrit than Strine.
Child member of SES from around 1967 to around 1977; Strongly involved in Sunday Schools ; Five brothers and sisters went to ST V and St J in the worst years

Shout

Red

Postby Shout » Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:34 pm

Last edited by Shout on Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joseph O'Shea

Postby Joseph O'Shea » Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:55 pm

I remember that Mr B used to scare me and his voice and size were an intimidating package.

i don't understand why my memory of the curteying procession is restricted only to him. I was only at the school for about 3.5 years and it was a very long time ago, but I remember that perhaps another teacher with a beard used to be involved in this ritual also.

Re: Timothy Body - I simply remember him as being rather tall for his age and very much a conformist (weren't we all?). He carried with him a kind of aura if i remember, as it was no secret that his father was a big cheese.

He was nice enough apart from that and I don't have detail memories as we were not close friends.

Other people I remember a little better were James Warham and Simon Piggott, as well as Mitesh Patel (good games of chess sir) and Andrew Rockall. Also, if you know Louise Clifton, say hi, we used to travel to school together.

It was a long long time ago...
At Queensgate in the early 80s until I was 7 years old. Classmates included John Frederic Arthur Farndel and Timothy Body and most importantly, James Warham!. My Grandfather used to manage Sarum Chase in London for many years.

Shout

Kilalitre

Postby Shout » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:49 pm

Last edited by Shout on Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joseph O'Shea

Postby Joseph O'Shea » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:31 pm

I should also have mentioned the Seaton twins , Timothy and Paul, good to know those guys however young we were.

I do remember being fond of Commander Wilson and I now remember his grey hair and grandfatherly appearance. If I've got it right he was a good sort.
Last edited by Joseph O'Shea on Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
At Queensgate in the early 80s until I was 7 years old. Classmates included John Frederic Arthur Farndel and Timothy Body and most importantly, James Warham!. My Grandfather used to manage Sarum Chase in London for many years.

Free Thinker

Postby Free Thinker » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:55 pm

I also remember a situationn of domestic abuse, after which I told no one as well. Which is sparking me to start a new thread about it...

Shout

Sad

Postby Shout » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:07 pm

Last edited by Shout on Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Joseph O'Shea

Postby Joseph O'Shea » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:58 pm

Sorry Shout, I actually woke up last night and turned the pc on to edit the post out of impulse.

I felt embarrassment regarding the story of that teacher and I also didn't want to put too much about drugs on there.

Suddenly i felt like I had gone too far.

Regarding the women comment, I hope you recognised my sarcastic tone.

I'll reinstate what I said in the previous post for posterity, as you at least thought it was important.

I don't understand what you were saying about that other organisation but will be careful.

Shout

Postby Shout » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:42 pm

Last edited by Shout on Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mike_w

Be careful...

Postby mike_w » Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:05 pm

Joseph,
You are pretty brave to post up such personal details. You should feel free to edit them in line with your feelings whenever you want. Don't feel that you have to 'tell all' if you don't feel comfortable.

Everyone,
Everyone posting on here should stop for a minute & remember that this is a public board. Anyone can read what you post, whether you post using your real name, or anonymously. I had a disturbing e-mail over a year ago (from someone who fully identified themself to me) warning me that a small group of people were actually coming here to enjoy reading about people's suffering from the past. I have no reason to suspect this was a hoax. So please be careful what you post. Also be careful with pupil's names.

Thanks

Mike

Return to “St James and St Vedast”