Ben W wrote:...On the second point, I believe a number of people are asking for this through the BB - certainly ET and Alban's names spring to mind. I include myself in the group. Others who are supportive please chip in....
Yes, I certainly think it would be a good idea for some of the current governors to come to this site and talk. I and others have been through the arguments elsewhere, but a summary is this:
1) Anything they say will be to all of us and will be responded to by all of us, thus enabling them to see that we are far from the bunch of hardened activists that they have labeled us as.
2) No-one will be left out for to reasons of geography or anonymity
3) We will all get a change to put questions in a reasonable fashion to them and they will get a chance to reply - again in an orderly fashion.
4) Their responses and justifications will be up here for all to see, not as off-hand comments or whispered appologies to individuals behind closed doors.
5) It might just get us to a position where we feel that they have listened and have accepted responsibility for their predecessors actions.
I would of course prefer to have Roger Pincham here and one of the other governors who was presiding at the time, but they seem to be shielded away (probably by the lawyers).
I am also under no illusions that to a large extent, if they did come on here, they would carry the party line that no-one can be removed without hard evidence against them (for fear of unfair dismissal). However, if they come and they are prepared to act, then we can try and work together to achieve a solution that will appease the majority. You can't please everybody, but I think it would be an achievable goal as long as they were prepared to act with the same magnanimity that those three teachers did in the beginning.
The alternative is, a never-ending diatribe of criticism for the schools which is not good for them, but eats away at us, our time and our families as well...or expensive legal action that has a very good change of being of no use to anyone apart from the lawyers charging for their services.
Maybe we need to start a new thread on this!